+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4118662;
    Holly's nurturing may have cost her the win, but boy what a role model!
    Did anyone catch when NaOnka made eye-contact with Holly, after Holly agreed to give up her reward, and said 'Thanks Mom'.

After reading Jeff's blog, I may not agree w/ the jury issue but I understand it. Jeff did make a point about the contract the 2 made when they signed on to Survivor. Whether Naonka is a PE coach for the Y or a teacher, she should not be allowed around impressionable young minds. The thought that children could be exposed to Naonka is horrible. She could influence a child with her beliefs. How can she provide encouragement & positive people skills, when she is a quitter & has a negative opionion of so many others. If it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

I say we need to vote Holly the fan favorite this season for what she did.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Newbie

Sorry the precedent line from Probst doesn't hold water. They have tweaked this game from season to season. They've never had two people give up and quit at the same time. His reasoning as to why they should be on the jury contradicts his implied contract talk. I just cannot believe the CBS legal dept doesn't have an airtight contract with all the stips. How were these two chosen for the show? I recall reading Yve saying something about some of them being recruited. Also - eyeteeth?? spanner?? don't think I've heard these terms before.

Quote Originally Posted by norm;4118752;
    Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Nicaragua': Episode 12 | PopWatch | EW.com

See Jeff Probst's blog as to why they were allowed to remain on the jury.

Thanks for the link.

I don't agree with him. I think they should have been penalized and not allowed to be at Ponderosa with the rest of the jury. I hope they change the rules to reflect this next season. If you quit during the jury segment you are booted w/out being able to vote.

Did Kelly & NaOinka audition for this show, or were the recruited? I'm so sick of shows recruiting "characters" when there are plenty of people who legitimately audition. If these two were recruited, well that's what happens when you do that type of thing. Hopefully this will be a lesson to the producers in the future & they will quit recruiting & instead will give spots to people who truly want to be there!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4118473;
    I was surprised to see Jeff snuff their tourches. And even asking them what they wanted made no sense. Why not just tell them to leave and snuff them after TC was over?
    I have to think that all of America was shouting the same thing at their TV's that I was when Jeff asked NaOnka what he should do with her torch.

I was shouting "Shove it up her _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!"

Naonka & Purple Kelly could take a lesson from that college student who was running in cross county race & crawled across the finish line. She didn't want to let her team down. It was just on the national news on ABC, how appropriate.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

I was of the mind that they shouldn't be allowed on the jury if they quit until I read Jeff's post. I think it could hurt someone who was in an alliance with them. It's not that person's fault, since they *should* be able to assume that the players are at least there to play and not quit. (Since there would be only 5 votes it's possible that 3 people would vote for the person who was not in an alliance with the quitters, those extra 2 votes in a 7 member jury going to the alliance member would surely help them win in that instance). But, it sounds as if Jeff is saying this will surely change after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by yoelmo21;4118787;
    Sorry the precedent line from Probst doesn't hold water. They have tweaked this game from season to season. They've never had two people give up and quit at the same time. His reasoning as to why they should be on the jury contradicts his implied contract talk. I just cannot believe the CBS legal dept doesn't have an airtight contract with all the stips. How were these two chosen for the show? I recall reading Yve saying something about some of them being recruited. Also - eyeteeth?? spanner?? don't think I've heard these terms before.
    The precedent talk made me roll my eyes a bit as well. I will always remember the season where Cirie had set herself up for a final 3 spot, as it had been for the previous few seasons, only to get the twist that it would be a final 2. So the powers that be have no care in the world about killing off the chance of some contestant to win. They are on the jury because that's the way TPTB want it to be, and that's all there is to that. No explaination needed, it simply is what it is and some will not like it.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread