+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Big muscles does mean stronger, but they usually do not have the cardio to maintain as long. All the wrestlers, and bodybuilders are trained for quick hits and finishes. Long term cardio and endurance is not their strength at all. If you look at most MMA and UFC fighters, a lot of them are wiry and not muscled so they can go a long time. Jane also had the lack of bodyweight to hold up as an advantage. Muscle is heavy to hold up.

I am sorry though and this is mean, but Jane looks like a corpse that just rose from the ground and started being alive. She really looks sickly. She is five years younger than my mother, but looks at least twenty years older. She has obviously had a hard life.

FORT Fogey

I find it sad that this show seems to be losing steam. The posts are getting shorter and shorter each season for this show. I am starting to feel that if they do not change the format a little, the show will be done with soon, and I really do like this show.

I have to say I like this season too, as it seems to have more of a variety of people on it, and it is great to not always know who is going to go. I hate when one or two people run the votes every tribal.

FORT Fogey

MHcarrollton, I agree. I didn't enjoy seeing them eat their reward because we have no sense of them being hungry. That was a satisfying part of the earlier shows. The II's have run their course, time to stop those. Everyone knows who has one and it is just mechanical now, offering no excitement whatsoever.

The old vs young was ill concieved. Of course the older team would be wiped out faster given the extreme physical challenges. More challenges involving the brain would be a nice change. And challenges involving balance earlier in the show would even the playing field for women.

Switching up the teams several times before the merge could add some interest, perhaps.

It has been on so long maybe it is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4108496;
    I am sorry though and this is mean, but Jane looks like a corpse that just rose from the ground and started being alive.

Finally! These stupid people are thinking! I was glad Brenda got voted off. She was too arrogant. And I was surprised Sash voted her off too. He most likely hung onto the idol because he figured he's on the chopping block next. But I hope they vote Nayoinka off next week, according to the previews she apparently does something to make everyone mad at her again.
    And a high five to Jane for beating all the 'youngsters' in the challenge!

Well. Jane impressed me with her sheer grit and determination, but she still creeps me out a bit. At least her craziness was toned down now that Marty is gone, so I didn't mind watching her. I agree though...this is the 2nd IC she has hung on to beat the young guys, and they won't forget it. As much as everyone respects her toughness, they won't want to take a chance that she's going to go on an immunity run. I don't know how that lady held on that long, but props to her. She is indeed skin and bones though.

So glad Brenda is gone. Too arrogant to scramble, huh? Welcome to Ponderosa!

Fabio for the win!! He's the only one right now that I can stand. Chase is a complete idiot. I still dislike Benry for that "dirt squirrel" comment to Alina. I don't mind Holly but I can't help but feel she's a pot of crazy that's simmering and could come to a full boil any time soon. Dan is useless, as is Kelly P (why are they there??). Bad casting. Sash is not long for this game, and Naonka is ridiculous, although she did at least make some game plays this week.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4108413;
    The final burning question (pun unintended) of the night is: how is it possible that NO ONE thought that surrounding the fire with wooden chests, and then placing more wood directly over the fire across the tops of those chests, was a bad idea? Geniuses. Unbelievable!
    That one REALLY got me - it's better to wrap up some dry timber in a tarp, cover it well, let the fire go out than put in all those flammable items around it to cover it. They're lucky production intervened, because their camp would've been totally gone like it was in the Amazon.

Jane does seem a bit odd to me, and to the person who said she looked a little like a skeleton, yes, she does a little, but Heidi from the Amazons season to me really looked like one. That said, for someone her age to beat everyone says a lot. She's by far one of the strongest older women I've seen on this show.

The reward challenge surprised me because it was a huge risk to put the barrels on the side and not roll off. The team that won though knew how to balance and did a good job so I was glad they won. Though the team that lost really lost, they had a good idea. If someone did have the skills of walking around on a ball or such, then they could've used one barrel to get across while the others did what the teams did, which would lessen the risk of one of them falling off.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ponderosa clips are interesting. Marty and Brenda going on and on and on and on and on about how the "crazies" are running things, and how smart M and B are. Um, if they were so smart, wouldn't they still be in the game?

And Alina understands that M and B are gone because they weren't as smart as they thought, and she's just lounging by the pool and keeping away from the REAL crazies in this game. Is it possible to vote Alina back in?

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4108497;
    I find it sad that this show seems to be losing steam. The posts are getting shorter and shorter each season for this show. I am starting to feel that if they do not change the format a little, the show will be done with soon, and I really do like this show.
    It seems like there are some things they could do to refresh the show, but it would require shaking up the paradigm. I would really like to see a season where they have just one large tribe, and then divide them randomly into two teams for each RC and IC. That way, different people are sharing in the successes and failures, just like what happens after a merge. The dynamics of having to "survive" in a larger community from the start, with more people having to bond or align, would be very interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4108632;
    It seems like there are some things they could do to refresh the show, but it would require shaking up the paradigm. I would really like to see a season where they have just one large tribe, and then divide them randomly into two teams for each RC and IC. That way, different people are sharing in the successes and failures, just like what happens after a merge. The dynamics of having to "survive" in a larger community from the start, with more people having to bond or align, would be very interesting to see.
    I think that's an interesting idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast