+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should be: Survivor Nicaragua "Losers vs. Psychos"

Should be: Survivor Nicaragua "Losers vs. Psychos"

At this point I really hope the Older Tribe goes down in flames. Losers. Voting off Jimmy Johnson, probably the greatest leader to ever grace Survivor gets voted off for petty jealousy, paranoia, and sheer psycho-ness. I mean that's like being stranded on an airliner and throwing your pilot out the window because you are either threatened by them or just jealous. The men really seem like they are all jealous of him, I guess a successful man like Jimmy J. just reminds them of how big of a loser they are.

Where was the Doctor to step up and say hey, this is stupid to vote off our leader, Jimmy J.? All the guys just seem like thugs, losers or just psychos. There is at least 1 psycho older women left, the Doctor seems like the only halfway normal person. Not sure about the only good looking older woman yet, but I suspect she is a psycho as well.

Now the younger tribe is full of psychos too, so they seem pretty equal at this point, but its going to be fairly boring here on out without Jimmy J, he was the only reason I was excited about this season. Losers.

Re: Should be: Survivor Nicaragua "Losers vs. Psychos"

How are they all psychos? Marty's playing a pretty damn good game so far, as is Jill. Jane seems quite normal, as do Dan, Tyrone, and Yve. Marty wanted to vote our Jimmy J. not to become the leader, but to shake the tribe up and cause dissention among the ranks.

Well, it goes without saying that they're psychos. They were chosen to be cast on reality TV, after all.

Seriously though, Jimmy Johnson had an upbeat and rational attitude, and I appreciate the fact that even if he was a gimmick of sorts, he did truly enjoy the show beforehand and wanted Survivor to be a great experience. But...
    While I can agree that Jimmy T was jealous and perhaps intimidated, there's no indication any of the others were. Tyrone, Jill, and Yve have each given some indication that they're excited to have Jimmy around, even. Jane called him her fishing buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4074267;
    How are they all psychos? Marty's playing a pretty damn good game so far, as is Jill. Jane seems quite normal, as do Dan, Tyrone, and Yve. Marty wanted to vote our Jimmy J. not to become the leader, but to shake the tribe up and cause dissention among the ranks.
    He was calling the older tribe losers not psychos. Marty's playing a terrible game. Keeping Dan and Holly when you're clearly outmatched in the challenges is a loser move.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;4074391;
    He was calling the older tribe losers not psychos. Marty's playing a terrible game. Keeping Dan and Holly when you're clearly outmatched in the challenges is a loser move.
    I'd give Holly credit. In episode 2, she did a full swan dive into that mud... and she hasn't been shown to be a detrement in the other challenges. Her being a swim coach could be put to good use in the future, too.

As for Dan vs. Jimmy though, I'd say that's a total wash. Both appeared to be the weakest players in the game.

No harm done in terms of challenge strength, in my opinion.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade;4074480;
    I'd give Holly credit. In episode 2, she did a full swan dive into that mud... and she hasn't been shown to be a detrement in the other challenges. Her being a swim coach could be put to good use in the future, too.

As for Dan vs. Jimmy though, I'd say that's a total wash. Both appeared to be the weakest players in the game.

No harm done in terms of challenge strength, in my opinion.
    Unless you are a big believer in the power of the pep talk! And I know many team sport players are, or so sports movies would lead me to believe! Win one for the Gipper!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;4074391;
    No he isn't. People said the same thing about Russell, and look where he ended up.

What I meant was they had this world class coach at their disposal to help them win over the younger tribe, which have an advantage because of their youth. Jimmy J. with his experience and expertise could have been the player to give them the edge in challenges to possibly beat the younger tribe. But being idiots, they didn't see it that way, IMO.

Its kind of like having to build a boat for a challenge, but you get rid of the only experienced "boat maker" in the tribe for petty reasons. Bad example, but you get the point.

+ Reply to Thread