+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

NaOnka is just a vile person. The first thing she says is that her team is faker than faux fur for trying to have team spirit... who cares if it's fake!? She would rather have "real" drama. I know her type, the cliche "I ain't being a bitch, I'm being "real"." What this type of person fails to realize is that you cannot be yourself 24/7 and the way you do it in regardless if it's true or not, will make you look like a bitch. And she is OBSESSED with the fake leg woman. It's like a complex now, nobody is ever this focused on one person. I hope she stays so that NaOnka eventually goes mad and gets the boot. She better hopes she finds that immunity idol. IF she keeps acting like she does (and she will) she'll need it.

OMG stupid stupid stupid! You are gonna TELL YOUR WHOLE TEAM that you have the hidden immunity idol? I knew this chick was daft when she purposely let somebody else find it, and now this. These mistakes better cost her and her partner game, since they are mistakes.

Yellow team should have used the medallion of power. The reward would really help the older tribe, and they should try to make sure that they don't get it. That was just too close.

Marty is playing with fire. The same thing that happened to Jimmy Johnson can happen to him. When you are the leader and lose, you are one of the first to be considered. Plus everybody likes to overthrow the strong ones.

I was so sad when Jimmy J was voted off last night! I have a soft spot for older people, especially when they look sad. It rips my heart right in two. I was so upset for him! IMO he just wanted the experience and didn't care about the money or the win. He just loved Survivor and wanted to play.

Hate NaOnka. Count me in as one who thought I'd NEVER EVER see the day where I'd hate a survivor more than Russell but she just might take the cake. She is just downright mean and nasty. She isn't even being that way to get farther in the game, a la Russell (which also sucks) she is just that awful of a person (which sucks even more). I hope Kelly B takes off her leg and beats the girl senseless with it. We haven't seen much of Sash, but I'll bet he's almost as bad, mean wise. He just strikes me as the type to belittle others just for fun.

Not feeling Brenda. She's trying to be like Parv and let's face it, there ain't but ONE Parv. Period.

Really wish Alina and Kelly B could somehow turn this around for themselves. I fear Alina is next gone when La Flor loses again.

Olders? I hated Marty pre-season, then last week I kinda liked him. Now I hate him again. Get over yourself and your jealousy. Holly's a nut job. Jimmy T is horrible, Danny is too full of himself too. He knew he was one of the weakest, man up and admit it.

I'm on the fence about Jill and I haven't seen enough of Yve yet to have an opinion. I really like Jane (who I thought would annoy the ever loving crap out of me) and Tyrone. I hope at least one of them makes the merge.

Off to read Probst's and Fishback's respective blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4073077;

Are you sure he's playing, or is he being played? Jill has pretty much made every move so far. She told him where the idol was. She told him to tell the tribe about the idol (which left half the tribe happy, and the other half know looking at Marty with a newly raised eyebrow) And when she "defers" to him it's just so over-the-top and easy. She just said, Jimmy J? Sure, boss, whatever you say.
    My guess is there is a lot more going on with Jill than people are giving her credit for. Or maybe I'm giving her too much credit. But I love how she's using Marty just how she wants. I find it refreshing in a very non-Natalie kind of way.
    I have to agree. When I watched Marty telling about the idol and saw her facial reactions, it seemed like she was not unhappy that he left her out of it. She is getting the dirty work done, but keeping her hands very clean. She's very thoughtful about her actions - purposeful, and careful.

This cautious, level-headed approach will serve her well.

I'm not even a football watcher and I was so sad to see Jimmy J. go.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4073077;
    Agreed. It's far too early for the older team (especially) to be playing the game this hard.

Are you sure he's playing, or is he being played? Jill has pretty much made every move so far. She told him where the idol was. She told him to tell the tribe about the idol (which left half the tribe happy, and the other half know looking at Marty with a newly raised eyebrow) And when she "defers" to him it's just so over-the-top and easy. She just said, Jimmy J? Sure, boss, whatever you say.
    My guess is there is a lot more going on with Jill than people are giving her credit for. Or maybe I'm giving her too much credit. But I love how she's using Marty just how she wants. I find it refreshing in a very non-Natalie kind of way.
    I agree with you. Jill is definately playing. I thought it interesting that she solved the clue for Marty infront of Danny. It appears everything she does is well thought out. She has a plan.

Sandra had a similar strategy and won twice. Just go along with the majority vote, work around camp and get along with everyone. Be available for any alliance and be the swing vote when it comes down to that.

Nay is a charicature of ghetto. She is not long for this game. Drama gets on everyones nerves at some point and stradegy goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4073141;
    I can't think of any other season of Survivor that has had so many boring or wholly unlikeable individuals as this group we are now watching. Even in Survivor: Thailand, where smarmy Brian won, there were some folks to root for.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I would even prefer Russell H over some of these nitwits, and I HATED Russell H! But the man had a strategy. The idiot men on the old folks tribe (and I can call them old folks because I am an old folk as well) are caught up in a swirling vortex of testosterone that is causing them to act like, well, idiots. It's like they are each trying to win a pi$$ing contest, but they are all dehydrated. So who to root for? Jill is naive to have allowed Marty to "own" the idol; Holly is crazy; Jane is bland; and Yve just is. Tyrone seems to have at least a few brain cells, so I guess he wins my loyalty by default.

The younger tribe is a bit more interesting, but it is hard to pay attention to any of them with all of NaOinka's screeching and drama. How can this woman be a teacher??

I really hope this season picks up soon. I have mad love for Survivor, but this season has been boring, boring, boring, right down to the lame challenges. The producers must have gotten a good deal on those wooden barrels from some Nicaraguan wholesale club. I wonder how many more times we will have to see things being thrown into them.

Here's hoping next week is better.
    You wrote exactly what I was thinking!
    Watching the show, I had to smile while each man (except Tyrone) strutted around, going on and on about why they wanted to get rid of Jimmy J, just like male animals) trying to be top dog, getting rid of/dethroning the present alpha male. It totally reminded me of earlier today when I was outside, watching my two male dogs. One went to his regular spot to pee, the other older dog(presently the alpha dog) follow him, sniffing at his rear, waited until the younger one was done peeing, then proceeded to pee himself in the very spot. And then I watched the same exact thing happen on Survivor w/Marty, Jimmy T and pathetic Danny.

They let their testosterone control their actions. Jimmy J would have been great to stay longer if only to help in the stratagy or his experience coaching winners but the men's egos just couldn't have it.

Also while watching, I paused the DVR to say something to my husband and happed to look at the still shot of Kelly and Na'Oinka (as you so well called her!) carrying the fruit basket. In that still shot, you could see the nasty mean expression on Na'oinka's face and the pleasant small smile on Kelly's face. Pretty much summed up their personalities with just a randon shot.

I am hoping that Jill has some plan as I watch her act so subservient to Marty. She's just too smart to be that dumb.

I hope Jill has a plan as well, though a few shots of her talking about said plan would be nice.

I just can't garner enough "like" for Marty to cheer him on just yet, unless he's left there with Naonka as one of the finalists. That's when I put on my "Team Marty" t-shirt.

The scene they showed next week of Kelly and Naonka talking and Kelly saying that Naonka knocked her down-though Naonka was being her general brash and rude self I do hope that the conversation and downtrodden look that Kelly gave had nothing to do with any mention of her leg. When you fight to be treated as an equal you have to be willing to go down like an equal, and I'd be a bit disappointed if her leg is at all mentioned there. Keep it focused on Naonka's ugly attitude and I will cheer her on gladly. Hopefully that was more of a "I can't believe this person exists outside of a bad sitcom" look than a look for pity.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know...somehow you expect it to be the young guys so driven by testosterone and pecking orders, not the older, life experienced guys. Although I guess the young guys are also being driven by testosterone in some cases, just directed towards sex, not power!

I think Jill may be playing also. When she was saying yeah, yeah, whatever you want, to Marty, it was like she was trying to physically get away from him...maybe to avoid being seen with him and linked with him. He seemed to want to have a long chat where she built his ego up, and she didn't want to be asociated with him. I think, kind of like Sandra, she didn't care which old guy went, so she let Marty decide. She didn't have the awe for JJ that the men had, and probably didn't think his pep talks and coaching contributed that much (not having played team sports I also don't have the great reverence for their game changing effects that you see in sports movies, etc.), especially since they lost.

I wish they had shown why Nay decided to be so hostile to kelly b....it could be because of the prosthestic leg but that is incredibly stupid and mean

I think I am holding out hope it is for other reasons, since Kelly B and Alaina are on the outs with everyone than just that Nay is going to target her for no reason

as for Jill, she seems to be playing the under the radar strategy, which can be risky since she may be perceived as a coat tail rider, since Marty is not Russell H. he may get some votes and not tick everyone off like Russell did, for some reason I am feeling Marty goes far

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4074132;
    I hope Jill has a plan as well, though a few shots of her talking about said plan would be nice.

I just can't garner enough "like" for Marty to cheer him on just yet, unless he's left there with Naonka as one of the finalists. That's when I put on my "Team Marty" t-shirt.

The scene they showed next week of Kelly and Naonka talking and Kelly saying that Naonka knocked her down-though Naonka was being her general brash and rude self I do hope that the conversation and downtrodden look that Kelly gave had nothing to do with any mention of her leg. When you fight to be treated as an equal you have to be willing to go down like an equal, and I'd be a bit disappointed if her leg is at all mentioned there. Keep it focused on Naonka's ugly attitude and I will cheer her on gladly. Hopefully that was more of a "I can't believe this person exists outside of a bad sitcom" look than a look for pity.
    Yes! I had the show on DVR so when Kelly claimed that Naonka "pummeled" her, I quickly went back to see if she actually hit Kelly. She didn't. She just used her body to block her away while she dug into the basket. I can't stand Naonka and her attitude but she didn't do anything wrong there.
    But for the life of me, I can't understand why Naonka has it out for Kelly and the fact that she has one leg. Just don't get it at all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789