+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I wonder if JJ had fought a little harder to stay, if he couldn't have pulled it off. Jane, Holly, Yve, and Tyrone all seemed like they would have considered keeping him - if he had united them to vote Danny I think he could have succeeded. It made me wonder if he wasn't giving everyone a free pass to vote him out.

I am so tempted to look at spoilers just to see when I can stop seeing Na'Onka on my screen. Everything she says just makes me angry. It's so positively selfish. I mean, you can be out for good old number one in a game for $1million without being so abrasive. Marty's doing a fine job of that - being selfish but putting on a face as if he weren't.

If Jill had a clue, she'd see that Marty is using her, unless she hopes to just ride his coattails to the final tribal council and hope to win Natalie-style. Whatever, everyone has their own strategy, I'm just more impressed by an active player.
    _(Moo!)

I think Jimmy wanted to go home. He was being honest in saying he was one of the weakest players because of his age but a case could pretty easily be made that others were weaker and - because he didn't even bring that up - I think he wanted to go home. I don't know that much about Survivor but I feel like I know a lot about Jimmy Johnson since I loved the Cowboys with an obsessive attention to detail growing up. And Coach Johnson is a tough guy but I don't think he's a sleeping out with the bugs every night type of guy and that's what he probably underestimated and influenced his wanting out.

My first and probably last three episodes ever of Survivor! I really learned a lot about the show from reading everyone's comments.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Notice BOTH Marty and Nakawhoever used almost the SAME phrasing "shake the tribe to the core". There's a basic similar flaw in both their games that this is how they WANT to play, and thus arrive at the same phrase to describe it. This early in the game you don't want to "shake a tribe to its core". Its HORRIBLE play, usually getting people booted right before a merge.
    Agreed. It's far too early for the older team (especially) to be playing the game this hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum
    Marty is my favourite player this season because he is actually playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG
    If Jill had a clue, she'd see that Marty is using her, unless she hopes to just ride his coattails to the final tribal council and hope to win Natalie-style. Whatever, everyone has their own strategy, I'm just more impressed by an active player.
    Are you sure he's playing, or is he being played? Jill has pretty much made every move so far. She told him where the idol was. She told him to tell the tribe about the idol (which left half the tribe happy, and the other half know looking at Marty with a newly raised eyebrow) And when she "defers" to him it's just so over-the-top and easy. She just said, Jimmy J? Sure, boss, whatever you say.
    My guess is there is a lot more going on with Jill than people are giving her credit for. Or maybe I'm giving her too much credit. But I love how she's using Marty just how she wants. I find it refreshing in a very non-Natalie kind of way.

I agree about Jill. I think we may be surprised later to find she's the brains in the group quietly making the calls to her advantage. I don't think Marty is that bright and she senses she can use him right now. She's an ER doctor-- she is intelligent. I thought she made a dumb move practically giving Marty the idol, but now I think she knew just what she was doing. He seems to be her puppet, even though he thinks he's the 'leader'. May be interesting to watch as it developes.

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK;4073017;
    Good episode. Not looking forward to Hurricane NaOnka next week, though. Hopefully the hurricane dies then.
    From your lips to God's ear. What a horrible, ignorant troll. I can't watch the show with her on it. I had to come here to see the results. Please let her be gone or eaten by a croc or anything that shuts her nasty mouth. She's a TEACHER?!!!! Maybe the NEA will send in a strike team to take her out?

Naonka - Psycho Bitch

I would never, ever want this person within a 100 ft of a child. I can't believe she is a teacher.

Why does she harp on Kelly B's artificial leg so much? Does she want one so badly or is it that she feels Kelly B is riding the handicapped car so Naonka can't ride the minority car.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Jumping on the NaOnka train(wreck) too. After the last couple of seasons I though it would be hard to find someone more unappealing than Russell Hantz, but I think she just might beat him. At least Russell was entertaining and found joy in the scheming and strategy of the game (sock burning and misogyny notwithstanding ). NaOnka seems to find joy in cutting down Kelly B any way she can. And next week's preview when she says Kelly better keep her leg away from the fire...that's just sick. If she isn't watching herself now and feeling deeply ashamed by her behavior, there's something seriously wrong with her. Three weeks in, and she is fast becoming my least favorite player ever.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I can't think of any other season of Survivor that has had so many boring or wholly unlikeable individuals as this group we are now watching. Even in Survivor: Thailand, where smarmy Brian won, there were some folks to root for.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I would even prefer Russell H over some of these nitwits, and I HATED Russell H! But the man had a strategy. The idiot men on the old folks tribe (and I can call them old folks because I am an old folk as well) are caught up in a swirling vortex of testosterone that is causing them to act like, well, idiots. It's like they are each trying to win a pi$$ing contest, but they are all dehydrated. So who to root for? Jill is naive to have allowed Marty to "own" the idol; Holly is crazy; Jane is bland; and Yve just is. Tyrone seems to have at least a few brain cells, so I guess he wins my loyalty by default.

The younger tribe is a bit more interesting, but it is hard to pay attention to any of them with all of NaOinka's screeching and drama. How can this woman be a teacher??

I really hope this season picks up soon. I have mad love for Survivor, but this season has been boring, boring, boring, right down to the lame challenges. The producers must have gotten a good deal on those wooden barrels from some Nicaraguan wholesale club. I wonder how many more times we will have to see things being thrown into them.

Here's hoping next week is better.

She's a teacher? Ugh, scary.

Naonka is a P.E. teacher! I would not want this nasty, evil, spiteful person teaching my kids! She has taken top spot in people from Survivor I absolutely could not stand. That's pretty bad because that's over Johnny Fairplay and Russell H. Too bad this hateful witch is in an alliance and might find the HII. I want her voted off ASAP but I don't think it will happen for awhile.
    I can understand Coach being voted off, he did admit he was the weakest player. I liked the guy though, I'll miss him.

+ Reply to Thread