+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 127

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #91
    dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Tar Heel State
    Posts
    19,384

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25;4067253;
    he played for unc though aren't you a gamecock fan? or was that someone else that told me she was a usc fan?
    No - you're thinking of Carolinamom - she lives in SC and is the Gamecock fan.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

  2. #92
    Just me Annastasia B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    331

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Wow! what a show. I'm so rooting for the "older" tribe right now. Mostly because I'm "older", but also because they have enought sense to work together. Maturity will hopefully take them farther.

    As for the youngsters..... REALLY? Are they really that stupid? I was in complete agreement with Shannon in the beginning even though he still needed to shut his trap. However, after the "gay" comment among others, he had to go. Glad he's gone.

    Sash... Don't like his attitude about the "minority" crap. On the other hand, he's nice eye candy and makes me wish I were younger. Great smile! (Does anyone else think he looks like Enrique Ingelesias?)

    Go Kelly B!!! You ROCK!

  3. #93
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by blang;4067286;
    Hanging with your own ethnic group comes naturally to most people, I agree. Making statements like "I'm black, I only want minorities to win the game" (paraphrasing, obviously) is RACISM. Hello! Can you imagine what would happen if a "white" player said they only wanted to see "whites" at the end? CBS would be protested into submission.
    There's no such thing bilateral symmetry when it comes to bigotry. Black people pulling for black people isn't racism, nor are Jews hiring/promoting other Jews. Certain groups are protected and other groups are not. It's not perfect but that's how our country works.

    As for Sash however his statements to NaOnka seemed kinda disingenuous. It kind of seemed that he was just saying what he thought she wanted to hear to bind her to him and to make sure she understood that he was half black. It doesn't really make sense to propose a longterm alliance with the weakest and craziest member of the tribe and he hadn't even talked to Brenda (who appeared to have a strong bond with a non-white player) about any such non-white alliance . To me it looks like he thinks he's this huge player and seemed more about working on the girls one on one to get them on his side starting with NaOnka this week.

    As for the youngsters..... REALLY? Are they really that stupid? I was in complete agreement with Shannon in the beginning even though he still needed to shut his trap. However, after the "gay" comment among others, he had to go. Glad he's gone.
    Yeah he was a moron. His gay comments have nothing to do with the game but it was funny his statement that he could get more girls really seemed to upset Sash. (What a bunch of morons in that tribe). But he was just really really stupid. He was basically talked into sending Brenda home when the idea hadn't been remotely in his brain prior to Alina suggested it

    Worse, he got talked into doing all the legwork which is the reason he was targeted by Brenda in turn. It's funny when doing NOTHING would have kept you safe but you basically do the ONLY THING that could possibly send you home that week. If they'd have booted NaOnka, even if Chase had turned they could have sent Brenda home the next elimination. The other girls actually seem like really strong players they would have had huge advantages over the older tribe in every physical challenge. A guy who messes up so badly in such a stacked game really deserves to go home.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    [QUOTE=PWS;4067263;][QUOTE=Tilden;4067248;]

    Maybe not...at least not different in the ways our society considers important. Even in mixed ethnic schools people tend to hang with their own ethnic group. Segregated housing/school districts help.

    Still, haven't any of these contestants ever worked with someone of another ethnic group or gone to college with one or been on a team or in a choir or some other activity with one? For that matter are the three members of the minority alliance (or whatever they decide to call themselves) actually of the same ethnic/racial group themselves? Didn't Brenda say she was Hawaiian or something like that? And if they all survived until merge (which I have a hard time seeing) would they try to recruit Tyrone, or would he be too "old"? So far, I really like Tyrone and have a hard time seeing him joining an alliance like theirs, simply because Brenda's an obvious operator and Nay is too volatile to be trusted. I have no idea what to think of the guy in that alliance, because we haven't seen much of him yet.

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron;4067325;
    at first I was on SHannon's side before TC started. Having said EVERYTHING that he did was acceptable until he made that comment about "GAYS". Pretty ignorant and pathetic that you say stuff like that in this day and age.

    What a joke and embarassment. I also didnt think that the guy he accused of being gay handled it well either with "I get hotter girls than you" remark. Totally a tribe full of immature morons.

    Chase is probably the biggest idiot in history, following around a girl like a dog on a leash. She openly rips him in the interviews. The last time a pretty girl was able to get the best of me like that (sure, i've been dumped abillion times!) was in highschool. Where id follow them around and be whipped over something i have no shot at getting. She's not even pretty.

    Is it written in the survivor rules that they ALWAYS have to get the most crazy, geto black girls to represent on the show? Why are the guys traditionally the normals ones and the girls are always CRAZY , LOUD and Obnoxious and always seem to want to fight and argue (exception being Cirie from what I saw). How in the HELL is she a teacher?

    I HOPE she gets booted. But it seems Brenda is going to be running the show and I seriously dont mind Fabio. He's just not a smart kid. Seems like a genuine nice person.


    I think both Shannon and Chase are idiots. Shannon just was more vocally stupid at the council, and it cost him dearly. I had no idea Naonka was a teacher, and I can't imagine her in any kind of classroom either unless she seriously reins in her attitude at work. If someone crossed her at a faculty meeting, and she went off like that, she'd be fired.

    I don't particularly mind Fabio either. He's certainly not the brightest bulb on the string, but he doesn't go out of his way to offend anyone either, and in that tribe, that's a rarity.

  6. #96
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    409

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4067133;
    Hey guys new york is full of gay people

    Seriously though, awesome episode, and good riddance Shannon.
    Not for nothin', but New York is also filled with just about any other minority and/or stereotype you can think of. It's frickin' NEW YORK, for the love of pete.

    Shannon can go back to the bayou and lead his narrow-minded, dull-normal life. Hear, hear to that good riddance.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  7. #97
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4067450;
    cost him dearly. I had no idea Naonka was a teacher, and I can't imagine her in any kind of classroom either unless she seriously reins in her attitude at work. .
    After this, she may no longer be one, and she surely isn't cute or likeable enough to get any 'appearance' $$$! There isn't even anything funy or weird about her rants to make it interesting (i.e., "the ceiling is falling on me"! ) so I doubt anyone EVER wants to see her again, even next week.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  8. #98
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4067133;
    Hey guys new york is full of gay people

    Seriously though, awesome episode, and good riddance Shannon.
    When he said that it was so out there that I thought he was joking at first. Shannon must really have some issues. Not to mention, who does he hang out with that would understand the subtext of what he was saying ("I don't WANT to go to NY because it's full of gay people") - and that it would seem like a normal thing to say?

    I hope a gay person touches you and you get their cooties, Shannon. Idiot.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  9. #99
    dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Tar Heel State
    Posts
    19,384

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Jeff Probst's blog for this week is hysterical...
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

  10. #100
    FORT law638's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Naonka is by far the most rascist & bigotted person I have ever seen on tv. Except maybe the Rev. that wanted to burn the Koran. Deal in reality people, we have to live together. Let's make the most of it.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.