+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

FORT Regular

Re: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

The most sketchy person there is probably Jimmy T. The fisherman guy. Who gets all riled up really quickly. Apparently says he's a leader where he's from but moreso seems like a guy who isnt good with people.

Dont see him lasting that long when you lose your temper the first day.

I hope Brenda and Naonka get voted off. Cant stand girls like Brenda. And NaOnka because the previews for next week already make her loud and obnoxious.

The Young guys all seem like morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron;4062776;
    The most sketchy person there is probably Jimmy T. The fisherman guy. Who gets all riled up really quickly. Apparently says he's a leader where he's from but moreso seems like a guy who isnt good with people.
    He compares himself to Rupert in his profile.

Which is not only wrong (for all that he sucks, Rupert was genuinely a people person and "Jimmy T" seems anything but), but even if it wasn't, he's comparing himself to an annoying fake. Okay, Jimmy! Go for it!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4063164;
    He compares himself to Rupert in his profile.

Which is not only wrong (for all that he sucks, Rupert was genuinely a people person and "Jimmy T" seems anything but), but even if it wasn't, he's comparing himself to an annoying fake. Okay, Jimmy! Go for it!
    Haha. i just checked it out. I like the part of him being resourceful and charismatic.

Yes, you really won over your tribe with that "I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING!!!!!" routine.

I don't like the fact that the contestants are calling themselves leaders, I prefer the term used in previous Survivor seasons, Type A. I personally didn't think any of the contestants were leaders, most like extroverts and self starters but not leaders more like a$$es. Didn't like any of them, especially Shannon who seems to hate all women in power.

After all the press I read about how great this season was supposed to be I must say my initial impression is that this episode fell very flat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4063406;
    I don't like the fact that the contestants are calling themselves leaders, I prefer the term used in previous Survivor seasons, Type A. I personally didn't think any of the contestants were leaders, most like extroverts and self starters but not leaders more like a$$es. Didn't like any of them, especially Shannon who seems to hate all women in power.

After all the press I read about how great this season was supposed to be I must say my initial impression is that this episode fell very flat.
    Alot of weird women bashing from that guy for no reason.

I do get the fact that the girls tend to stick together more than the guys but that isnt the case in every season. A little premature to worry about that, especially considering he told someone about his thoughts on that.

The guy went on to tell the girls immediatley and there goes any "likeable" traits that he could have used to make friends with the women.

EDIT: Just to add, when the girls get told that "The guy says we should get rid of the girls", it immediatley only makes them closer. He essentially brings them closer together.
    Last edited by Megatron; 09-18-2010 at 04:20 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron;4063451;
    Alot of weird women bashing from that guy for no reason.

I do get the fact that the girls tend to stick together more than the guys but that isnt the case in every season. A little premature to worry about that, especially considering he told someone about his thoughts on that.

The guy went on to tell the girls immediatley and there goes any "likeable" traits that he could have used to make friends with the women.

EDIT: Just to add, when the girls get told that "The guy says we should get rid of the girls", it immediatley only makes them closer. He essentially brings them closer together.
    Actually if anything the Suvivor females tend to not ally as strongly as the males in my opinion. The guys, especially the younger guys, tend to right off form alliances of "similar" guys. The incident we saw this week with Wendy was, I think, an anomaly.
    But yeah, Shannon is not only a jerk, he seems clueless that anyone else, or at least any other guy, might not agree with him, or might use that against him, so a clueless jerk.
    BUT, I bet Shannon DOES find that the females in his life do tend to ally--against HIM, because he such a misogynist--they do it for self protection. You rarely find a guy his age these days spouting that kind of drivel.

Don't really care for the old vs young theme. Also, Marty rubs me the wrong way so far.He just comes off a bit too strong.

Honestly- a few of them annoy me, but that's how loads of seasons start. Time will tell.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 09-18-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I was really impressed by the woman who started the fire! She said that nobody should come on Survivor without knowing how--something I'vealway said when I see them struggle in past seasons!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4061818;
    Dear Chatterbox:

Shutupshutupshutupshutup

Sincerely, my ears.

edit:

Bye Chatterbox.
    So funny, dagwood!

I love Jane. Hope she goes far.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4063876;
    Don't really care for the old vs young theme.
    I really dislike that theme too. It makes it too easy to pick off an entire tribe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast