+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

Re: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

Is Jane the one who started the fire? I loved when Jeff asked her about it and she said "Hell yes I knew I could do it!" I can't say she's a favorite but she sure is spunky. I like her.

Can't stand the bitchy black girl already. I really like the girl with the prosthetic leg. She has such a terrific attitude.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4062008;
    Is Jane the one who started the fire? I loved when Jeff asked her about it and she said "Hell yes I knew I could do it!" I can't say she's a favorite but she sure is spunky. I like her.

Can't stand the bitchy black girl already. I really like the girl with the prosthetic leg. She has such a terrific attitude.
    I can't criticize anyone there for the logical reasons they don't want to take Prosthetic girl to the end.

Of course for those who see it properly as strategy, what you want to do is string her along, THEN ditch her. When you need a good scapegoat for having lost a running or swimming challenge, maybe.

That bitchy girl already has the vibe of being super-aggressive and taking things entirely too seriously/intensively. It's okay to strategize to get people off for sneaky reasons. It's NOT okay to sound angry about it, when there's no call to be that way. And its not like she's being snarky, and is thus funny. She just sounds like she has a 'tude.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I actually really liked this episode. No one really rubbed me the wrong way, except I did think we were being force fed Jimmy J a little much.

Sucks for Kelly B that no one really wanted to allign with her because they want her gone with the fear of her getting sympathy votes in the end. I'd like to think anyone who plays has an equal chance at winning, but both Kelly B and Jimmy J have an uphill battle.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;4061662;
    I dislike Jimmy T. so far. So you are some big shot somewhere but because this new group won't pay you attention you are going to whine about!? Grow up dude.
    I'm with you on this! I was watching this guy and thinking that there seems to be some serious anger issues. My husband looked at me and said "You would've already told him to shut up." He was probably right. I probably wouldn't last two minutes in a game like this (for many reasons). I am super competitive when the need arises, however, I think the different environments would probably play serious havoc with my asthma, AND, the people would play serious havoc with my patience.

I enjoyed the first episode. First impressions: Jimmy Johnson may have been a great coach and is an entertaining commentator, but in Survivor he's just another old guy. Between his physical shape and the attitude Marty and Jimmy T. have toward him, he's at a significant disadvantage. Which is fine, because his presence on the show really felt like a gimmick with how he was pushed on us. Marty - He's definitely used to being top dog, isn't he? And he will quickly become that in this tribe. I was impressed overall, I really felt like he was thinking before he spoke. Unlike the swim coach who just ran up to Wendy and said "I like you, you and me to the end." I'm sure he'll make it to the merge because I don't see anyone else in the older tribe having the cunning to organize votes to oust him. Jimmy T. - If he can control his frustration, he might be a decent #2 to Marty. But if not, Marty will probably select Danny. Shannon - Wow he's a bit of a piece of work, isn't he? I remember in his profile he compared himself to Russell, only prettier. Yeah, that's about right. "Someday we'll have a woman president!" as if it were a bad thing, and it sounded like he pitied Kelly for only having one leg. Punk, she is on Survivor, showing the world she has a prosthetic. Clearly she's ok with that. I guess I just felt that he was chauvinistic and ignorant. Still, it will take an organized group of several voters to get him out, and if it doesn't happen soon, it won't happen for a while. Brenda - She seems sharp as a whip. I bet she can turn that into something.
    _(Moo!)

I liked the first episode, but there were a few I thought were under-represented: Tyrone, Danny, Sash, Benry and Kelly S. Tyrone is one of my pre-season favorites, too, so I was bummed they didn't show him more. The ones that stuck out to me as likable were Kelly B., Brenda, Chase, and Jimmy J. I know nothing of Jimmy in his professional capacity, but I thought he seemed like a sweetheart last night. My hubs said he would surprise me, but I'll judge him on what I see . Marty also struck me as someone I might like, and I loathed him in his pre-season interviews. However, on the show he impressed me.

Jane impressed me majorly with the fire making, but she seems like she'll annoy the crap out of me too. I don't like Jimmy T-talk about a power trip waiting to happen. He's a ticking time bomb. The first few sentences Shannon said had me like, okay he might be alright. Then he made that "someday we'll have a woman president" comment and that was it, he was done in my eyes.

As far as the others, I guess only time will tell.

I liked the power medallion idea, a new twist in Survivor. I also liked how the girls found the immunity idol clue just going for treemail-it makes it so that any random contestant can have a shot at getting one, you don't have to win a challenge. It seems harder to figure out this time around as well, and that I really like. It seems like it will be a good season. The only thing I don't like is that I'm sitting at work feeling like today should be Friday because I watched Survivor last night!

Why do the guys wear boxer briefs here anyway? I think I'd pick regular boxers, if they were going to be my clothes 90% of the time. Then again, the ones wearing them seem to be kind of obnoxious anyway in most cases and probably enjoy making the viewers see the blur, and the cast see..

As usual I hate my preshow picks after last night's show. Wendy's bio sure didn't fit the person we saw last night, and neither did Holly's. I now like Brenda, Jud, Jane, and Marty. I'm surprised that I think the adult team (I can't beleive people on this board are calling them OLD, not older!) should keep JJ for at least a couple of times, because he is used to getting very diverse groups to work together. I want Shannon eaten by sea monsters, ASAP. I like Kelly B (artificial leg one) but think she's doomed, even though I personally think if she did make it to the finals, she would not win simply because everyone would refuse to give what might be interpreted as a sympathy vote. I don't understand why they can't just ignore the leg issue. These days, artificial limbs are so high tech and Kelly is in such good shape that I can' imagine anyone voting for her because "the poor girl has a fake leg". If I could trade bodies with her, I'd do it for sure. I'm undecided about anyone else right now.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Was everyone SO BLINDED by her missing leg that they didn't notice her six pack???

And why pity someone who is missing something that was most obviously and spectacularly overcome? They shouldn't think "poor girl with a missing leg will be competing in events", they should be thinking "poor whoever has to compete against her in events because she'll be kicking butts on a FUBAR level"!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I really enjoyed the first episode last night. I think that there is a pretty diverse group of people -some who have already shown big personalities. I have purposely stayed away from the spoiler thread so that I wouldn't know much about any of the cast before last night. I am going to try to watch this season as an unspoiled viewer - but time will tell about that.

There were a few who already stand out from the rest. I liked Chase because he seems like a nice guy, and his strategy is trying to keep the stronger players around - rather that targeting just women. I hope that he stays around for a long time.

Marty and Tyrone impressed me last night. Marty seems to be very smart and should do well in all the challenges. They didn't show much of Tyrone, but what little I saw of him impressed me. I loved his comment when he voted off Wendy last night.

I was impressed with Brenda. She may go far in this game. Even though Shannon did not come across very good last night, I bet he will be around for a while if the tribe tries to keep the strongest players.

I see that Shannon is from Lafayette, LA, so I am guessing that he has some kind of connection to Russell Hantz. Am I right? Please tell me that this isn't true. But I saw in his bio that he said that as a player he is the most like Russell, so I am pretty sure that they know each other. YUK.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=JavaJo;4062008;]Is Jane the one who started the fire? I loved when Jeff asked her about it and she said "Hell yes I knew I could do it!" I can't say she's a favorite but she sure is spunky. I like her.

What I liked about what she said was that she'd specifically practiced starting a fire, because she'd heard Jeff say that he couldn't understand why anyone who knew they were going to be on Survivor wouldn't know how to make a fire. It makes perfect sense that he say that and perfect sense that she would listen to it. It is truly stupid not to start practicing skills you know you're going to need for a show that's been around as long as Survivor has. At this point, anyone who's watched a couple of seasons should know that being able to start a fire is going to be crucial. It's like the contestants on Hell's Kitchen being surprised that they need to know how to make Beef Wellington or that Chef Ramsey is going to scream at that. If you've seen the show, you should just know that.

Of course, I'm also initially a little partial to Jane, because she's a dog trainer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast