+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now that it's over, how do you really feel?

FORT Fogey

Now that it's over, how do you really feel?

It's time now to take a step back and assess the entire season of Survivor Amazon.

Take a deep breath...there now.

It was a very entertaining lively series that sparked heated passionate debates between us all.

The cast of characters was interesting, ranging from intelligent (you decide) to amicable (insert name here) to colorful and bitchy (several choices here.)

It may not have ended exactly the way I personally would have wished, but now that it is over, I can honestly say that I loved every moment.

I have eagerly anticipated each new season since Survivor Borneo and have only ever missed one episode -- the first -- because the premise of the show sounded tacky to me. I reluctantly watched the second show and I was hooked.

Survivor is the brilliant brainchild of Mark Burnett. Thank you, Mark, for helping us to share your creation. I respect you for furthering your true love child, Eco-Challenge, but also for giving us a show that encompasses the physical and the mental feats of E-C combined with the experiment of forming a brand new society struggling to survive in a remote location and adapt to it quickly while eliminating their competitors.

I realize that Castaways (UK) was the original version, but I saw a couple of episodes that took place in a frigid climate and found that it was not half as sexy and fun as this version is.

I have a problem with this season, in who won. My problem is not who actually won, but that I wonder how badly they f*ed up the editing to make Jenna's 6-1 jury vote so completely insane-seeming.

Obviously, she had a lot more influence than we were led to believe, which means that Mark really screwed up the editing of the show. When people swear at their TV's in record numbers at the unbelievable outcome, there's something wrong.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, I see what you mean.

I actually know someone who has worked on three past Survivors and is privy to all the editing. This person stated that the editing depicts the events that take place pretty accurately.

However, this may not have been entirely true for this past one.
    Is there any way we can get someone from S6 to give us some real info?

I think the truth has pretty much been told in the chats & interviews, but the audience prefers to believe the edited tv version.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I think this has been one of the better Survivor seasons so far. To some degree, even the ending was appropriate - just to bring a dramatic season to a close, end it with what I'd say is the most surprising victory ever. Wonderful TV.

That said, I have to agree with John - where the hell did that come from? The only explanation would be that somehow, she pulled off a dramatic 3-day comeback. Even then, though, I would have appreciated SOME hints that she was playing the game well earlier on, which I did not see.

I definitely prefer the edited TV version, and most of the viewing audience will never see a chat or an interview. They shouldn't rely on "outside information" to explain why the editing really screwed the pooch on this one.

I invested 15 hours into the TV version, so why should a chat transcript be required reading to understand what happened?

Simple, John. Watercooler conversation.

Agreed. But I see the chats and interviews as the icing on the cake. If we can't understand what happened without the icing, then the cake isn't made very well.

Maybe not John. But will you watch next season?

FORT Fogey
    I loved Survivor: The Amazon! In the first episode I saw the women go from having trouble unmooring themselves from the Goodship Jeff to schooling the guys on how to win a team obstacle course.

The Lawd Almighty Joanna versus Kristy's [sic] Whatever-Attitude fight was a classic. In ineptitude of butt buddies Daniel and Ryan (jointly and individually) provided bellyfuls of laughter.

Somewhere in the series, probably when I read his bio, Mateo became the person I wanted to take home the loot. And even though I was rooting for him up until the very end, I lost a little something for him when he kept calling Rob "dude" nonstop for what seemed like the last 2 weeks of episodes.

Jenna's win isn't a Flo win or Vescepia win to me. Not by a long shot. If anything, it proves that after thirty-nine days in the jungle, half the contest potentially occurs in the last hour (or however long it lasts in real time) of the last Tribal Council.

Mateo did not have to throw the last IC. It was a fatal mistake and provides a thorough explanation unlike random taxi cabs in early-morning Seattle.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast