+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now that it's over, how do you really feel?

Originally posted by John
    I have a problem with this season, in who won. My problem is not who actually won, but that I wonder how badly they f*ed up the editing to make Jenna's 6-1 jury vote so completely insane-seeming.

Obviously, she had a lot more influence than we were led to believe, which means that Mark really screwed up the editing of the show. When people swear at their TV's in record numbers at the unbelievable outcome, there's something wrong.
    Yes. It's not so much that Matt lost, but that the vote was 6-1. That was unbelieveable. I have almost decided to give up on "Survivor" forever, because good people are doomed and bad people are favored to win.

Namaste.

Originally posted by jodaar
    Maybe not John. But will you watch next season?
    Yeah, I'll be watching. Haven't missed an episode of Survivor yet, it's still the Cadillac, even though I still have gripes about it.

I don't think Mark can give it all away, obviously, but this is like watching a movie, and having the killer introduced to us in the last 2 minutes of the movie. You're left thinking "where did THAT come from?" and shaking your head.

Totally agree John. I've been complaining about the editing all season. I guess they think it's more dramatic that way...going for the big surprise ending & all.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    From Matt's chat transcript (and another 1 or 2 I read) they specifically said everyone was portrayed exactly as they acted.

Much of what bothered me about Jenna was not available to the jury members at the time of their vote.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'd like to see how everyone would have voted after being able to see all 13 episodes on TV. Some would have to have changed. And screw Alex because he still probably wouldn't be able to stand losing to not only Matt, but Rob and Butch too.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Sorry Bravo, but this from Matt's chat...
    Q: Were you portrayed the same way you are in real life?
    M: Nope., I think my editing was very creative. Iím actually a very warm, gregarious person wit ha great sense of humor. I think that I was portrayed in such a way as to maximize the entertainment value of the show, which I completely understand. In fact, I found the machete sharpening incident to be absolutely hilarious.
    I know they can't edit stuff in, but they can edit out & take situations out of context. Misrepresent the truth. People always disagree on this, so I won't argue the point. Just my opinion from the insight I've had this season.
    Last edited by jodaar; 05-12-2003 at 09:54 PM.

kaj
    I actually like this season. I'm staisfied with how the voting went, but very surprised with the 6-1 vote. I'm okay with them voting Jenna, because Jenna answered the jury questions like she was answering pageant questions. The goal was to get that jury person to vote for her. So what's she got to do? She has to say the right things. No matter if she doesn't believe what she's saying, as long as the jury has been buttered up pretty good, she's safe.

The whole season was great. Twists everywhere, thanks to Rob. He annoyed many, including me, some times, but he made the game pretty interesting. Maybe MB is casting Robs because "ROB" is his lucky charm, I won't be surprised if one of his kids is named Robert. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to cast more "Rob Cesternino" s, and it would be great if it's under another name.

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by Deep Dish
    Jenna's win isn't a Flo win or Vescepia win to me. Not by a long shot.
    Agreed, DD. I hardly knew Vescepia was in the game except for her occasional "uh-huh" to Sean.

At least Jenna kept us entertained (I'll consider yelling at the TV entertainment, since I didn't miss a minute!).
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

Originally posted by mflcommish
    Agreed, DD. I hardly knew Vescepia was in the game except for her occasional "uh-huh" to Sean.

At least Jenna kept us entertained (I'll consider yelling at the TV entertainment, since I didn't miss a minute!).
    I like to yell back at my TV too. Yes, it is entertainment, not psychosis.

Namaste.

Let the body talk droolingovrhim's Avatar
    Originally posted by kaj
    The whole season was great. Twists everywhere, thanks to Rob. He annoyed many, including me, some times, but he made the game pretty interesting. Maybe MB is casting Robs because "ROB" is his lucky charm, I won't be surprised if one of his kids is named Robert. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to cast more "Rob Cesternino" s, and it would be great if it's under another name.
    Rob M., Robert, Robb, Rob, I'm expecting a Robbie next. But actually, there were players who did play the game (if at a weaker degree) like Rob did, such as Brandon and Shii Ann. But you have to give the props to Rob for lasting it this long. He is pretty much a decent guy at the reunion, and suddenly he is like my idol again.

I remember Vee saying "All this drama!" and that's about it.
    Remember, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast