+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

FORT Newbie

Re: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Quote Originally Posted by edifiz100;4073907;
    Can someone please give me the link to Jeff's blog. Thanks
    Here's the link to.....
    Jeff'sBlog

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4073952;
    The thing that surprises me, if she's as evil as she seems, is that the people on her "side" aren't shown making comments about how they dislike her but have to use her for now. I agree her comments about the artificial leg and its owner seem completely beyond the pale, and her hatred of that woman and of Jud seem inexplicable...but I feel as if something is being left out.
    Well, compare her to Marty (and also to Jimmy #2).

Both NaOnka and Marty targeted specific people based on the concept that they'd be hard to win against at the Endgame.

Marty's crusade against Coach Jimmy may or may not prove to be wise. He got him out, but now he's revealed himself as a "player" way too early.

But one thing which was clear was that Marty didn't take his crusade against Coach Jimmy personally. Whereas Jimmy #2, who also had that same goal, did. And NaOnka, and her similar crusade against One Leg Kelly, seems to be taking it personally.

That's why I think Jimmy #2 and NaOnka both aren't long for this game--short of some real luck. The only way either of those people will be around for long is through a fortunate alliance (where maybe someone decides to keep them around as the "never can win at the Endgame" person).

Marty, as I mentioned, is also in some danger, but its less for a lack of self-control, and more because he's outted himself as a string puller.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4067778;
    I think it's just lazy casting on the part of Mark Burnett.
    Why bother to cast a black female that's intelligent, complex and likeable when you can go straight for the cheapness of casting someone like NaOnka?
    Black males were always portrayed lazy, loafers for the first few seasons of Survivor and it seems most of the black women we see are going to be the NaOnka type.
    I agree they need to work on their casting. One of my favorite winners though was Earl Cole and he certainly wasn't portrayed as a lazy loafer.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;4073977;
    I agree they need to work on their casting. One of my favorite winners though was Earl Cole and he certainly wasn't portrayed as a lazy loafer.
    The older black players are much more pleasant people, and often great players... e.g., Taj, Cirie, Earl. They do less well with the younger ones, and especially poorly with the younger women.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4073979;
    The older black players are much more pleasant people, and often great players... e.g., Taj, Cirie, Earl. They do less well with the younger ones, and especially poorly with the younger women.
    Agreed. (Although Earl was in his midthirties, which I prefer to still think of as young ). But NaOnka is a nightmare. It really bothers me that she's a teacher.

She reminds me of Colleen, from a past season. Truly scary person...so negative, so mean, so nasty.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4073994;
    She reminds me of Colleen, from a past season. Truly scary person...so negative, so mean, so nasty.
    Yes! Colleen was just an awful person too.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4073952;
    The thing that surprises me, if she's as evil as she seems, is that the people on her "side" aren't shown making comments about how they dislike her but have to use her for now. I agree her comments about the artificial leg and its owner seem completely beyond the pale, and her hatred of that woman and of Jud seem inexplicable...but I feel as if something is being left out.
    Maybe she has only spewed that venom about Kelly's leg during her one-on-one time on camera away from the others. Have there been any scenes shown with her saying those vile things about Kelly's leg to any of her tribe? I can't remember any other than in those private chats with the camera crew.

She has spoken up and said she doesn't like Jud, but I think that she suspected that he might have taken her socks. I personally think that she is being portrayed as who she really is outside of this show. It does not appear to be an act to me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4074280;
    Maybe she has only spewed that venom about Kelly's leg during her one-on-one time on camera away from the others. Have there been any scenes shown with her saying those vile things about Kelly's leg to any of her tribe? I can't remember any other than in those private chats with the camera crew.
    She has spoken up and said she doesn't like Jud, but I think that she suspected that he might have taken her socks. I personally think that she is being portrayed as who she really is outside of this show. It does not appear to be an act to me.
    I think you are right... so far, no film of her dissing the disabled in front of others. Hard to believe it doesn't leak out though... although I guess if it did they would show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4073420;
    I really would not like to be the one legged kid in her class. She really hates one legged people.
    Funny!

+ Reply to Thread