+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Re: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

I can't stand this nasty piece of work & she needs to go. What a hateful, disgusting individual.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4063601;
    Also, the editing plays such a huge part. NaOnka may have said a million non confrontational things, but if they have chosen to edit her in a certain way, they are going to cherry pick. We're never going to see her being the voice of reason unless they want us to. They have a story to tell after all. But yeah, the stereotypes started to get really tired.
    So, out of curiousity, after last night's episode do you still think that it's possible they're editing out NaOnka's rational side?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

What was with her stealing Jud's spare pair of socks and then attacking him when he tried to nicely ask her about it? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not editing in this case.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4067401;
    So, out of curiousity, after last night's episode do you still think that it's possible they're editing out NaOnka's rational side?
    NO. No, I do not. *sigh* Wow. She is just nuts along with quite a few of them. I would also like to point out that the person with one leg is a "minority" as well, according to the Americans with a Disability Act, so she needs to grab a clue. I don't see that happening.

FORT Fogey

Of course nobody likes NaOnka, but I am more disgusted by CBS and its propensity to cast these sorts of people. Not all black women are like this. It's is frustrating. I liked Taj a lot. Did anyone else like Taj?

I love Taj.

NaOnka, on the other hand, not so much. She'll have to do something amazing to make me become a fan. I loved Jiffy Pop's take on her in his blog.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I think it's just lazy casting on the part of Mark Burnett.
    Why bother to cast a black female that's intelligent, complex and likeable when you can go straight for the cheapness of casting someone like NaOnka?
    Black males were always portrayed lazy, loafers for the first few seasons of Survivor and it seems most of the black women we see are going to be the NaOnka type.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My mother taught me, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;4046310;
    Will she be a head wobbling, finger pointing, jive talking cliché?
    Quite possibly.
    You nailed this one, emjoi.

What a loser she is. If the sock stealing and jumping down poor Jud's throat over it wasn't enough, her parting comment about kicking Kelly's artificial leg out from under her made me sick. I wouldn't mind if some roving jungle beast had this witch for dinner.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4067838;
    You nailed this one, emjoi.

What a loser she is. If the sock stealing and jumping down poor Jud's throat over it wasn't enough, her parting comment about kicking Kelly's artificial leg out from under her made me sick. I wouldn't mind if some roving jungle beast had this witch for dinner.
    When did she say that? I missed it. She's borderline Colleen...remember her?

There has been too much hard physical play tolerated on past seasons.

Ironic that I compared Shannon to Ben earlier, and now I'm thinking about how Ben got disqualified from a challenge for tripping someone. They need to get rid of that challenge anyway (if I'm thinking about the same one, where 2 teams do a variation of basketball and fight hand-to-hand for control of the balls).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread