+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Bruno - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Kelly Bruno - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Name: Kelly Bruno (26)
    Tribe: La Flor
    Current Residence: Durham, N.C.
    Personal Claim to Fame: Becoming the second and fastest female amputee to finish the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii in 2007.
    Inspiration in Life: My father who was recently killed in the earthquake in Haiti. He was there with Food for the Poor to bring hope and aid to people less fortunate. My dad was a doctor, a teacher and a humanist. I most admired him and looked up to him for his willingness to help others. He lived his life to the fullest every single day. His legacy will be carried on by all of the lives he touched during his life.
    Hobbies: Triathlons, cooking and traveling.
    Pet Peeves: When people chew ice or blow bubbles in an otherwise quiet room.
    3 Words to Describe You: Determined, persistent and strong-willed.
    SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Christy Smith because she also faced a physical disadvantage that, in the end, gave her additional strength. I also relate to Helen Glover's no-nonsense-appeal as that is how I approach my own life; with a no-nonsense attitude.
    Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The challenge and the competition; I also want to honor my father who has been a strong influence in overcoming many of the challenges I've faced as an amputee and in life.
    Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm physically and mentally strong. I've overcome obstacles before when the odds were stacked up against me and I can do it again.

Re: Kelly Bruno - Nicaragua (La Flor)

my other pre-show fave!

*crunch* *crunch* mmmm... I love doing that to ice.

What's up with the fake toes?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4038711;
    What's up with the fake toes?
    She is an amputee so it is probably the fake leg.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4038832;
    Oh, that's what I figured. But I was just confused because if you watch the Meet the Cast video, they show snippets of camp life, where she has a fake leg that doesn't have the realistic-looking toes.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like that she didn't go with a mega-allstar pick or "no one" for which survivor contestant she's most like- Helen is kind of obscure now, and Christy was a while ago- this is a true blue fan! Go Kelly!

(I think I'd have to answer Rafe for myself...)
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4038832;
    Fake leg. But real toes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4038893;
    Oh, that's what I figured. But I was just confused because if you watch the Meet the Cast video, they show snippets of camp life, where she has a fake leg that doesn't have the realistic-looking toes.
    I noticed that too. That looked to me like the type of prosthetic used in athletic competition, a mostly metal limb with a flexible metal arc at the end in place of a foot.

Just guessing, but I would bet she used the athletic prosthetic for the competition and only used this superficial one (complete with toes) for photo ops.
    _(Moo!)

I's so thrilled to see about this contestant. She musts be very brave. She is one of three from my home state of NC. I'm looking forward to watching and seeing which one I like the most. Until I find out, I'm going to root for all three.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast