+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kelly Bruno - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Kelly Bruno - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Wow, did this gal ROCK that last challenge or what? Definitely one of my top favorites.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I would understand blindsiding Kelly if Kelly was indeed a major threat, but she was merely a sitting duck. If we all looked past the artificial leg and simply examined her gameplay, we could clearly see that she is no jury threat. Without Alina to lean on, Kelly's gameplay ability was practically non-existant. IIRC, Dreamz from Fiji was a homeless contestant and people expected him to get sympathy votes at FTC. That didn't happen. If Kelly had made it to the end, I strongly doubt that any jury would vote for her to win the million. In fact, if she had made it that far, I would not even be considering voting for her to win fan fave due to her lackluster gameplay. Now we can thank Brenda, Nay, and the other idiots on La Flor for Kelly possibly winning fan fave, and I truly hope she does. It's one thing to vote against someone who is a definite threat, but it's another to simply vote someone off over a disability and a possible sympathy vote BS. No jury in Survivor history haas ever voted for someone simply out of sympathy and I'm quite sure Kelly did not see herself as some charity case. Brenda and Co's actions at TC just reinforced my desire to vote for Kelly to win fan fave and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm with you, Rabid Dingo.

It should be noted that Kelly B. will not be voted as fan favourite BECAUSE she has an artificial leg... but because everyone on Survivor made such a deal of it. Also for a little backlash against the ugliness that is NaOnka.

Of course, NaOnka will say everyone pitied Kelly and that's why, but NaOnka spews garbage on a perpetual basis anyway.

My other favourite for it would be Jud.

I bet that none of the young tribe other than maybe Alina made it a point to even get to know Kelly B as a person, and she sounds like an exceptional person. Sadly they choose to only focus on her artifical leg and not the person behind it. I bet not one of them knew the story of her father, and she probably didn't want to share it with them - not wanting any sympathy from them.

I am sad that she was not given a chance by the tribe, but you can be sure that Jeff will call out NaOnka, Brenda and the others at the live reunion for how they treated Kelly and her disability. I can only imagine how Kelly B felt watching the episodes and hearing such vile things coming out of NaOnka's mouth.

Unfortunately I would be surprised if Kelly B had not encountered this type of thing all her life. Children and teens can be particularly cruel with teasing, taunting and bullying, especially if they don't have mature/good parents and other role models.

So Kelly probably and hopefully has learned a long time ago how to handle these things and rise above them. That's not to say that it wouldn't hurt when she views the episodes. I'm surprised that there aren't more smackdowns on Survivor, with the stress of living conditions and fighting for the money, but maybe it's because most of the outrageous posturing is done on 1-1's with the camera.

It'd be interesting to see all the footage from all the cameras, instead of just the editted montage that we're shown on air.

I missed an episode and just saw the latest one last nite.

Kelly B
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

If she wasn't furious before, she should be now that two useless castaways who outlasted her (namely NeighOnka & Purple Kelly) just quit with only 11 days remaining. Kelly B. may not have been an outstanding player, but she sure as hell wasn't a quitter. I truly hope she chews them out at the reunion.

She cleaned up quite nicely at the reunion and was pretty classy concerning the segment JP showed of that fallout she had with NaOnka over a hidden immunity idol clue.

It kind of sucks when an early favorite falters big time. Still, anyone could imagine what would happen if she had actually made the merge. Would she be dominating the individual ICs like Fabio had done? Sadly, we will never know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123