+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jane Bright - Nicaragua (Espada)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Jane Bright - Nicaragua (Espada)

Here are some lines from Marty's interview:

What happened between you and Jane?
    I never had anything personal against Jane. But within five minutes of the game starting, Jane ran up and said literally, "My husband just died, I need the money, please don't vote me off." Sharing that deep personal information and using it in the game, I found distasteful. I have more personal tragedy and loss in my family than Chase and Jane combined—but I never, ever would've used that in the game...[It was] really really sad to see her become such a deeply hateful, resentful person. To say the things she did, especially about my kids, says a lot about her and the way she was raised and her background—but there's not much I can do about that.
    It pisses me off to no end. The fact that she won Fan Favorite by the "biggest landslide ever" shows that America supports her behavior and irrational hatred towards Marty and his family. What the hell. I don't care where she's from, but maybe the country cult worked their way onto Survivor.

And it's because of Jane's hateful comments that we don't get to see people's comment when they are voting anymore.

I don't think that has much to do with it, actually. If they didn't want to broadcast Jane's comments for ratings, then they wouldn't have.

Marty is definitely the better person in this situation.

I never had anything personal against Jane. But within five minutes of the game starting, Jane ran up and said literally, "My husband just died, I need the money, please don't vote me off." Sharing that deep personal information and using it in the game, I found distasteful. I have more personal tragedy and loss in my family than Chase and Jane combined—but I never, ever would've used that in the game
    This is how it should be. I hate nothing more on these shows than people using their sob stories to get pity and money.

lol, bitter old Jane. Between her, Naonka, and Purple Kelly, Nicaragua had some of my all time least favorite players, but on the other hand, I really liked Fabio, Marty, and Brenda. Johnny probably already knows about this, but there's actually a conspiracy theory involving Jane. There's a summary of it on Sash's Survivor Wiki page:

Sash Lenahan - Survivor Wiki
    JohnnyK likes this.

Fabio, Marty, Hope, and Brenda were all great.

Sash should have won though in the Final three. He did play the best game but everyone was bitter. Jane insulted his mother and Marty's children and America loved that and voted for her to win.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

For some reason the only one I remember from that season seems to be Fabio... I wonder if that was the season I was mostly out of the country...

Fabio, Marty, Hope, and Brenda were all great.
    I meant Holly here... there was no Hope.

And maybe.

Fabio ended up winning. And I'm happy he did.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I meant Holly here... there was no Hope.

And maybe.

Fabio ended up winning. And I'm happy he did.
    So can we assume that since you think all Jane's fans are "nasty bitter old hags like her" you are a Fabio clone?

No but it's a lot easier to see how Fabio was likeable. He never insulted anyone's families.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234