+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Finale Episode Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by SamsMom
    I have to vent too!!
    1. I couldn't believe it when Jenna brought out that Matt doesn't need the money. A restaurant designer is what Matt's job is said to be. Well that doesn't mean he's rich??? And it's irrelevant anyway. and a swimsuit model could make a lot of money. I thought it was really bad when Jenna brought up her MOM in the question about who her role model was... she had to remind everyone about he mom with cancer. of course it is sad but she used it to get votes. disgusting!
    Final Cardinal Rule of Survivor:
    When it comes to Jury Grilling Time: suck up, cry, moan, compliment, lie, and greedily eat that $900,000 plate of crow that each one of them sits in front of you.

What would you say or what emotions would you draw upon for $1,000,000?
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

I just thought I'd share with you a poll I found on CNN.com:

Who do you think should have won?

Jenna: 20% 10074 votes
    Matthew: 51% 26008 votes
    Neither: 29% 14492 votes
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

hope for humanity?

Originally posted by Zaius
    I just thought I'd share with you a poll I found on CNN.com:

Who do you think should have won?

Jenna: 20% 10074 votes
    Matthew: 51% 26008 votes
    Neither: 29% 14492 votes
    that, at least, gives me hope.

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Sorry, I have this habit of multiple postings...

Human nature has an interesting idiosyncrasy, we don't like unknowns. A prime example is the dismissal of Christy. Rob knew where Heidi and Jenna stood (they hated him), he knew where Matt and Butch stood (voting with him). Not knowing where Christy stood was her downfall.

Remember "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"? We don't like NOT knowing if a person is a friend or an enemy.

Matt only discussed strategy with Rob (in a limited sense) and in the confessionals. I think he was an unknown to most of the jury. Therefore he gives the jury members no justification for their vote.

Jenna was polarizing to be sure, but at least you could justify your vote by thinking "she deserves my vote because she played well" or by thinking "she deserves my vote because she did nothing, infuriating everyone, and yet she STILL made it to the final two".

Jenna's win is similar to the Hatch win (hold on, everyone! I mean in jury voting, NOT on how she played the game - I hold Richard in much higher esteem for his gameplay). He was the hated man of the week seemingly every week, yet the jury shook their head in amazement at the end wondering how in the heck did he make it so far?
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

If it's any consolation, our own FORT poll had Matt winning by a landslide.

FORT Fogey
    E News Live just reported that Jenna is posing for Playboy. Aren't you excited!?! Not sarcastic at all...

Did anyone else think that it was amazing that Jenna's "attitude change" happened when there were only the 'boys' left? She behaved totally differently when there were no other women in the camp.

In the newest Survivor lingo, she "pulled a Shawna".
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by rbadler
    Didn't else find it amazing that Matt didn't completely burn his face off when he lit the boat on fire???!!!!
    I believe that was Matt channeling the spirit of Michael Skupin.

FORT Newbie
    Why was Jenna holding onto Matt's arm and resting her head on his shoulder, like an enamoring "girlfriend", during the reunion??

+ Reply to Thread