+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

OK, sorry if I'm posting this too early, but it's been rumoured and "confirmed" by the same spoiler who correctly spoiled Survivor Samoa and Survivor: Heroes vs Villains that Survivor 22 will be....wait for it....:

Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano

Ridiculous right? And no possible way it can be true? Think again. Russell Hantz and Rob Mariano are returning for Season 22 according to a very credible spoil-er, and apparently confirmed by Lynne SPillman that Russell will be back this season.

All I can do is

Russell wrote on his facebook that he retired from Survivor after these rumors came afloat, but apparently he was supposed to say this to keep the rumors down for the "surprise" factor. Besides, we all know Russell doesn't tell the truth

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Do you mean Survivor Nicaragua or Survivor 22? Because talk about getting the rumors out there early if it's the latter I've lost track of what season we're up to. It's pretty obvious when someone says they're retiring from the game whether we'll see them next season or not. I think Parv, Amanda, and Colby had all said that at one point but of course couldn't turn it down 'just one more time' to see if they could still hack it. I like Russell and Rob. Too bad we can't throw Coach in there. Guess his days of the infamous Survivor are over. I think I'll root for Rob in this case. Without Amber I like him, and I think he's got a better concept of the game than Russell. He'll learn from his mistakes. Russell? Probably not
    Last edited by karalott; 07-24-2010 at 04:52 PM.

I'm talking about season 22, which will still be in Nicaragua I guess it's true how since the future seasons will keep the same location for 2 straight seasons that they have to do something "special" for the following season in the same location

What is also interesting is that the spoil-er said that Russell and Rob will be set up so they are not early boots, but last a while. I don't know how that can be done, unless it's HII-mania again and the producers tell those two where all the HIIs are Or the tribes are set up with fans of both of them. I.E. Rob's tribe is full of Rob fans and Russell's is full of Russell fans

That's what I figured, but like I said, the seasons are starting to blur together. I thought maybe I missed one in there Hmm, kind of interesting they're putting that rumor out there this soon, unless it really is a rumor. I'm pretty much done with the whole AS concept on this show, or even a half AS season. Unless they did a first boot edition, because most of those people only got face time when Probst was snuffing out their torch. So close enough to a newbie. I wonder why TAR/BB have only done one AS season each yet Survivor has technically done more This isn't even like a mercy Stephenie/Bobby Jon situation. Did Rob and Russell really have that big of an ego fest? I feel like I've seen worse (or better). Rob's probably one of the few I could watch a fourth time, but even though I like Russell, I'm pretty much done with him. Hang it up unless you get a new game plan. Either the producers will have to let him win or humiliate him and make him the first boot. But I doubt they'd let a twist like this fizzle out too soon. So it'll probably be a mix of people who worship the very sand they'll be walking on and those who want to get rid of them but end up getting ousted themselves by the minions of Russell and Rob.

Wasn't S22 going to be an actual AS edition again anyway? I thought that's what I heard.

Ugh. No freaking way.
    I hope this is just a really bad joke or something. Honestly, if this is true, I may just have to skip this season.

In my opinion, it's way too soon after Heroes vs. Villains to have people coming back. I love Boston Rob, but I've had enough of him for a while. I'm even more upset with Russell being brought back! I've despised him since the first episode of Samoa, and I would be content with never seeing him on my TV screen again. I don't need him shoved in my face for a third season. That's ridiculous. And he's so full of himself, I doubt that he'll acknowledge that he made any mistakes in S19 or S20, so I don't think he'll change his game at all.

I don't understand why they can't bring in new, interesting contestants instead of relying on ones from previous seasons to make the show good.

I don't hate the all star seasons, but that could be because I haven't watched all of the seasons of Survivor. There are a great many people that I've never even seen before. I wouldn't mind seeing Boston Rob again b/c the first time I ever saw him was last season. Russell? NO NO NO. Please keep him away. He has been on my t.v. way too much recently and I can't stand him. I don't want to see any of the others that have been on so much back to back either, like Amanda, James, Cirie. The only one like that I could stomach again would be Parvati. I like her.

Just to say it one more time...NO RUSSELL!!

Russell would make sense to bring back, whether it makes people happy to see him or not. That's the point of being a villain Amanda and James didn't make sense a second time, let alone a third, and hopefully not a fourth. Parvati, I'll give her credit, lucking out with the idols and all, she did have game. She learned from her mistakes, recognized the target on her, and strategized to keep herself in. I can't say she didn't earn her win in Micronesia, or her second place finish, even if it kills me.

I'm willing to bet this is a big rumor. It makes no sense to announce a Rob/Russell showdown, unless of course S22 is another AS edition and those two are brought back for it. Of course we have yet to see what tool will emerge from Nicaragua. Russell could know what it feels like to get bumped from your AS spot.

I hope you're right about it being a rumor. As much as I would love some more Rob time (yowza!) I can't stomach Russell. But as I was thinking about it last night, I don't think if they did Rob/Russell they would make it an AS edition. I think the producers/casting would try and find applicants, or I guess recruits too, that were very pro Rob and anti Russell and vice versa. Then they would "surprise" them at the beginning with bringing their heroes in to lead their tribes. That's how I see it going down, but I hope I'm wrong! Couldn't you just see Russell's head exploding? A tribe of people who all worship him? OMG a dream come true for him (and nightmare for a lot of us).

I guess we have a looooong wait to see if this one is just a rumor don't we!

Well I'm sure the dominant heads behind Survivor didn't want this announced; it was by those crafty people who get insider information and leak them to the public who announced this theme

Hopefully if this is true then the fact that the theme came to light so soon they'll just scrap it altogether, but I doubt it--they need to do some sort of 'twist' since this season will be in the same exact season as Season 21. And the fact that Lynne Spillman isn't happy about Russell coming back makes sense for her to acknowledge this theme I suppose.

This may be a good idea for "general viewers" who aren't as "into" the show as we internet folk are , but I think Survivor is ramming itself into the ground--their new themes are progressively getting worse IMO--this one hitting a new low. Having the same person with such a dominant character who takes up most screen time on 3 times within 5 seasons is overdoing it.

I read a really long thread about this Rob vs. Russell show on another site yesterday. The people there are throwing around ideas about a "Survivor: Revenge" edition, where lots of bitter enemies come back to face one another. The person who spoiled that it would be Rob vs. Russell in the first place said that is inaccurate, but I think a revenge show could be interesting. I'd love to see Sugar put the smack down on Corrine!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast