+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 271

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

  1. #41
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    189

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Survivor 22 is so far off that I can't see them planning that far ahead. So many things can happen between now and then. Rob could have another kid and not want to leave the family and Russell might finally pi$$ off the wrong person and wind up in a cast or worse.

  2. #42
    FORT Troublemaker MisterSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4040164;
    Survivor 22 is so far off that I can't see them planning that far ahead. So many things can happen between now and then. Rob could have another kid and not want to leave the family and Russell might finally pi$$ off the wrong person and wind up in a cast or worse.
    This season is filming as we speak, actually

  3. #43
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4036069;
    At least Rob's more old school Survivor (when people had to play the game and not just rely on HII).

    I hate it when people say this. Russell would have gone in with a completely different strategy if there were no hidden immunity idols. He wasn't relying on them, he was using them to his advantage.

  4. #44
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    409

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4044439;
    I hate it when people say this. Russell would have gone in with a completely different strategy if there were no hidden immunity idols.
    Russell's going to need to use a completely different strategy no matter what. It's clear that his old strategy was half a strategy... ignoring the social aspect of the game will never get him - or anyone for that matter - the win. I think even he would admit that after two consecutive (and well-deserved) trouncings at FTC.

    Oh, that's right... the juries were "bitter."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  5. #45
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;4046467;
    Russell's going to need to use a completely different strategy no matter what. It's clear that his old strategy was half a strategy... ignoring the social aspect of the game will never get him - or anyone for that matter - the win. I think even he would admit that after two consecutive (and well-deserved) trouncings at FTC.

    Oh, that's right... the juries were "bitter."
    Well, I would argue they were I'd rather see someone win playing a strategic, manipulative game rather than whoever was the nicest to the contestants and did nothing else win. But that's not the way Survivor goes.

    I miss the old school Survivor in general. It's too much about the idols and blindsiding those that have them. It was great with James, it was great during FvsF. But Natalie convincing Erik to give up his immunity and that they'd vote Amanda out (or whoever came up with that idea). That was a great move, non idol related. I'm sure Russell would have had a different strategy, because he would have had no choice. Whether it would have worked for him we'll never know. My whole point was, Rob's played both Survivor games, the pre-idol and post-idol. Considering he, too, has failed miserably I'm not sure why he's being considered a "mentor" either. Coach would get my vote over these 2 I just know it's going to become the Rob/Russell show and everyone else for season 22 gets overshadowed. And I really don't like that they can't be voted out until the merge, but can still playe the game and vote people off until then.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4050420;
    Well, I would argue they were I'd rather see someone win playing a strategic, manipulative game rather than whoever was the nicest to the contestants and did nothing else win. But that's not the way Survivor goes.

    I miss the old school Survivor in general. It's too much about the idols and blindsiding those that have them. It was great with James, it was great during FvsF. But Natalie convincing Erik to give up his immunity and that they'd vote Amanda out (or whoever came up with that idea). That was a great move, non idol related. I'm sure Russell would have had a different strategy, because he would have had no choice. Whether it would have worked for him we'll never know. My whole point was, Rob's played both Survivor games, the pre-idol and post-idol. Considering he, too, has failed miserably I'm not sure why he's being considered a "mentor" either. Coach would get my vote over these 2 I just know it's going to become the Rob/Russell show and everyone else for season 22 gets overshadowed. And I really don't like that they can't be voted out until the merge, but can still playe the game and vote people off until then.
    Maybe since Rob and Russell are supposed to be "mentors" on their tribes they will not be able to actually vote anyone off. They could only try to influence the vote of the other tribe members.

    I really don't like the idea that both of them could vote off the strong players at tribal council before the merge. That would give them too much power and would stack the deck in their favor. I am hoping that neither of them will have a vote until after both tribes merge.

  7. #47
    Horror of Horrors emjoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    I'm still living in denial with this.
    It has to be a diversion. Something for us fans to chatter about, so that we don't go looking at what they really have planned.

  8. #48
    FORT Fanatic RyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    495

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    I very sincerely hope you're right!

  9. #49
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    And people thought that The Amazing Race's Family Edition was the worst thing you could do with a good reality show? The one single good thing that came out of that was the Gaghan family. This supposed Rob vs Russell season of Survivor? WORST. IDEA. EVER!!!!

    Come on, it's ridiculous, just horrible, absolutely no way they can get away with this. Are they really trying to make their show jump the shark on purpose? Bringing those two back and making them the focus? I hate them both enough as it is! And making them immune until after the merge, likely having casted a bunch of idiots like in All-Stars who will just bend over backwards and allow these two to keep moving along to the end? I know a lot of twists have been added to Survivor over the years, but the premise has still been basically the same. This defies the entire game's set-up that's been there all this time!

    Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, that during the HvV reunion, Jeff Probst made it very clear that they are not going to change the rules of Survivor just to accommodate Russell's whims, because then it wouldn't be Survivor anymore. But if this season 22 bit is true, then they really did give in. How disgustingly pathetic.

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4052383;
    And people thought that The Amazing Race's Family Edition was the worst thing you could do with a good reality show? The one single good thing that came out of that was the Gaghan family. This supposed Rob vs Russell season of Survivor? WORST. IDEA. EVER!!!!

    Come on, it's ridiculous, just horrible, absolutely no way they can get away with this. Are they really trying to make their show jump the shark on purpose? Bringing those two back and making them the focus? I hate them both enough as it is! And making them immune until after the merge, likely having casted a bunch of idiots like in All-Stars who will just bend over backwards and allow these two to keep moving along to the end? I know a lot of twists have been added to Survivor over the years, but the premise has still been basically the same. This defies the entire game's set-up that's been there all this time!

    Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, that during the HvV reunion, Jeff Probst made it very clear that they are not going to change the rules of Survivor just to accommodate Russell's whims, because then it wouldn't be Survivor anymore. But if this season 22 bit is true, then they really did give in. How disgustingly pathetic.
    I totally agree with you on this. I just don't get why Survivor is pushing more Russell Hantz on us. They might as well just give him the title of "THE Greatest Player to Have Ever Played the Game of Survivor" and just be done with it. I CAN NOT stand another season of Russell.

    As for Rob, I don't have anything against him, but this is a bad idea to bring him back just so they can get one more season of the Russell Show. I will seriously have to pass on Survivor 22 if they do bring these two back. TPTB are messing with one of the few reality shows that I still watch, and they are about to ruin it for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.