+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

The reputable party over at Survivor Sucks that originally posted this information says that the players for S22 are flying to Nicaraugua this weekend. I assume that means next week some time (s)he will give more validity to the rumor, including whether it is Rob/Russell w/ all newbies or another type of all star season. I really think I'd rather see returning contestants who know their game and won't put up w/ the bs than a bunch of star struck recruits who will do anything they say.

i was not too excited about the idea of a third season of russell playing the same old losing strategy all over again, but whether it's allstars or newbies this time someone will be familiar with his gameplay and force him to improvise in a way we haven't seen before. whether he'd succeed or flounder, i have no idea. but i don't doubt at all that he would get far in the game again because he has twice been the ideal person to have with you on the jury. were i a player, i'd be taking him with me too.

i just don't get why he'd be willing to play a third time. he gets less support from fans every time he plays. after his first season, many people were considering him to be possibly the greatest survivor ever. then after season two it was one of the greatest survivors ever to not have won the game. after a third season he could well be considered mediocre at best even by those who most staunchly supported him at first.
    _(Moo!)

Russell, Rob and the rest of the cast depart today for filming season 22.

We don't know if he'll use the same strategy again, guys

Rob and Russell will both be immune until the merge, where they will then be elligible to be voted out. At least this is how the spoiler speculates. Rob and Russell will serve as "mentors" to their tribes until the merge, where they then become vulnerable.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that Just when we thought egos couldn't get any bigger...at least they (the producers) have more common sense than the producers of Big Brother to know this twist would probably backfire right away, so they made sure they put something in there that made sure it'd stick. If Russell makes it to the end again, chances are he'll win. I like the guy, but am not crazy about seeing two former contestants for the 3rd/4th time so soon after HvV.

Yeah, if Rob wins this time I won't even be impressed. I mean, you had FOUR chances to win, so finally churning one out won't be impressive to me.

Also, I don't see how Russell and Rob can be pegged as mentors. Rob missed jury 2 of the 3 times he's played, and Russell has a horrid social game that makes no one want to vote for him in the end. What possibly can they mentor? And I feel like the 18 new castmembers this season will be drowned out and overlooked by the theme focusing on Rob vs Russell. It's all going to be about those two.

I think giving those two immunity until the merge is a bad idea, actually. That's not Survivor anymore And if they're such mentors to the game, they wouldn't need immunity--right?

I agree. I hate the idea of Rob/Russell being mentors then magically appearing in the game at the merge, as it has been said on other boards. I really like Rob (1st time I've seen him is in HvsV, don't judge me ) but this is just not fair. Neither of them should deserve to win if they're only really playing half the game. And I am going to stick up for Rob here and say if he was a "mentor" he could at least teach the survivors how to build a shelter, start fire, etc. But Russell? He's useless. He's just a troll with an ego.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4032463;
    Yeah, if Rob wins this time I won't even be impressed. I mean, you had FOUR chances to win, so finally churning one out won't be impressive to me.

Also, I don't see how Russell and Rob can be pegged as mentors. Rob missed jury 2 of the 3 times he's played, and Russell has a horrid social game that makes no one want to vote for him in the end. What possibly can they mentor? And I feel like the 18 new castmembers this season will be drowned out and overlooked by the theme focusing on Rob vs Russell. It's all going to be about those two.

I think giving those two immunity until the merge is a bad idea, actually. That's not Survivor anymore And if they're such mentors to the game, they wouldn't need immunity--right?
    I don't like this idea either. I don't see how that would be fair to the other 18 people who are competing for the million dollars. It sounds like the producers are setting this up so that Russell Hantz could actually win the million WITHOUT a social game. YUK. I can't stand another season of Russell.

So if the producers are setting this up for Russell to finally win, then I will be done with Survivor. They will have ruined one of the few reality tv shows that I enjoy watching by scripting part of it so that Russell can be assured to make it to the merge. This is the complete opposite of what Jeff Probst said at the HvsV reunion show. He basically stated that they would not be changing the format of the show to accommodate Russell Hantz. But I guess he was wrong.

Well hey, it's taken 22 seasons for this show to finally jump the shark. Not bad, right?

+ Reply to Thread