+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Matt does seem to swing pretty wildly between highs and lows. He's crying in one scene, saying he can't do this and seemingly wanting to quit, and then when they finish the "duel" (in quotes because doesn't a duel usually involve two people and not three?) and Jeff says perhaps God isn't finished with Matt's Survivor story yet, he's grinning widely and seems pumped to be there again.

FORT Newbie

I haven't been watching Survivor : Redemption Island because It hasn't aired here in Australia yet, So I was just wondering, Which episode was Russell eliminated in ?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Matt seems like he's on the verge of depression, and I mean that as a psychiatric diagnosis (not that I"m qualified to make one!), not just that he feels sad. His sadness seems way out of proportion. I mean Julie says RI is the best night's sleep she's had since they got there. RI can't be all that bad---except for the first few days and off and on since then there's always company dropping by. We don't know what the food situation is, but no one seems to be complaining about it.

As was said above, he doesn't have any "real life" problems that we know of...unlike, say, Julie, who is about to lose her house for example, and has kids to consider. Yet she's cheerful and outgoing despite the fact that it's been obvious for a while that she has very little chance of winning, has been sleeping under a leaky roof, and has had to put up with Phillip's ranting.
    I just think he has a wide emotional swing. Everyone talks about this game being emotionally draining. From where I sit he has had good social interaction with others on RI, food (we dont hear about him having to fish) and more comfortable sleeping. He has a Bible to read and a camera crew with him. He is hardly alone. He probably bothered by not being "liked" by his tribe and can't figure out why he has been booted twice. We are likley to hear him ask why at the final TC.

Well I sure hope he on the jury and NOT in the final 3!

What answer do you think would mollify Matt, should he be on the jury and ask that question? I wonder if "You were a threat to win" would make him feel better, or do you think he is consumed by the idea that others "don't like him" and is taking it personally as a result of that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What answer do you think would mollify Matt, should he be on the jury and ask that question? I wonder if "You were a threat to win" would make him feel better, or do you think he is consumed by the idea that others "don't like him" and is taking it personally as a result of that impression?
    I actually think Matt would appreciate an honest answer. He himself admitted he is naive and terrible at stategy, so I don't think he would be upset if others confirmed that opinion. If his strategic blunders are explained to him, and why his behavior made him a risk in the game (and he realizes that everyone really likes him, and in fact, being so likable also made him a threat), I think he would be mollified. Religious beliefs aside, he doesn't strike me as delusional or arrogant about his own abilities and attributes.

I'm sure God is too busy to worry about Mat being on Redemption Island or who wins Survivor. Mat needs a reality check more ways than one.

So far, it has been as boring as it always is when it's down to one tribe finally having the numbers, and then voting out what remains of the other tribe. This drags on until each remaining tribe is voted out.

Strange, I've noticed all the men have chest hair (some not much) but Rob's chest is completely shaved each episode. What do they do take him to one of their tents and shave him so he will look good for the next show episode. He has dark hair, men with dark hair is going to have some amount of chest hair growing for all the days they are without toilet facilities. They all seem to have some facial hair. So, what's with Rob looking like his chest has been shaved for weeks? I thought they were living in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I'm sure God is too busy to worry about Mat being on Redemption Island or who wins Survivor. Mat needs a reality check more ways than one.

So far, it has been as boring as it always is when it's down to one tribe finally having the numbers, and then voting out what remains of the other tribe. This drags on until each remaining tribe is voted out.

Strange, I've noticed all the men have chest hair (some not much) but Rob's chest is completely shaved each episode. What do they do take him to one of their tents and shave him so he will look good for the next show episode. He has dark hair, men with dark hair is going to have some amount of chest hair growing for all the days they are without toilet facilities. They all seem to have some facial hair. So, what's with Rob looking like his chest has been shaved for weeks? I thought they were living in the rough.
    Some men just aren't hairy, regardless of their hair color. Also, some men couldn't grow a beard no matter how long they went without shaving. Rob is not the recipient of any special treatment, he's just not a hairy man.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post

My son's (mid 30's) do not have chest hair. It is all about genetics. Dark hair does not always signal a hairy body.

I think Ralph has more than enough hair for all the men left!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think Ralph has more than enough hair for all the men left!
    The first day I saw Ralph without a shirt I could've sworn he was wearing a cardigan! LOL

+ Reply to Thread