+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4022031;
    I read a really long thread about this Rob vs. Russell show on another site yesterday. The people there are throwing around ideas about a "Survivor: Revenge" edition, where lots of bitter enemies come back to face one another. The person who spoiled that it would be Rob vs. Russell in the first place said that is inaccurate, but I think a revenge show could be interesting. I'd love to see Sugar put the smack down on Corrine!
    Ah, between Sugar and Corinne I'd be rooting for Corinne We'd be rooting against each other if this were the season's theme, RyMac

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4022186;
    Ah, between Sugar and Corinne I'd be rooting for Corinne We'd be rooting against each other if this were the season's theme, RyMac
    At least we'd probably be nicer about it than Sugar/Corrine though!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4022201;
    At least we'd probably be nicer about it than Sugar/Corrine though!
    Most definitely If you pit anyone against Sugar, I'd be rooting for that other person

Aww Sugar is one of my favorites! To each his own though.....even Russell? Or Rupert? lol

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4022384;
    Aww Sugar is one of my favorites! To each his own though.....even Russell? Or Rupert? lol
    Ugh, don't make this so hard on me

I enjoyed Sugar a lot in Gabon up until the near end, I started to find her irritating and I can't forgive her for not playing the game for herself. She was great at manipulation, but she was playing for Bob and Matty and the so called "good" people to win that it was tough for me to continue to back her. I saw her develop and air of self-righteousness, I guess.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd root for Corinne to fall into a pit full of alligators. That girl is just plain nasty and vile to the bone. Sugar may have faked a lot of her personality, but Corinne didn't. I pity the man who marries her, and any future offspring Sugar disappointed me this time, but I hope it put a thorn in the side of the Gabon cast that she was invited back and made a hero.

Hmm, could we throw Probst into the game and have him go head to head with Fairplay? Maybe he could pull a Bonaduce on him. I wouldn't mind a revenge edition, if it were done right, but the way I'm thinking it'll happen it's not very appealing. But while I'm at it, how about Ozzy vs Parvati, Rob vs Lex vs Kelly G, Kelly W vs Sue, Kel vs Jerri...that's all I can think of, and it's not like some of those listed above didn't have a beef with a lot of other people they played the game with (I think it could be Rob vs his entire cast of Marquesas and AS).

Hehe sorry MisterSSS. I just adore Sugar though. But during a revenge season (if that were to happen) a little friendly rivalry here on the boards might be fun, given that nobody knew any spoilers! I hope to be able to watch live with you guys this season. It depends on if my kids go to bed on time and I don't have to catch it on my DVR later!

Karalott, completely agree about Corrine. She easily rivals Russell for Survivor contestant I dislike the most.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4007605;
    Well I'm sure the dominant heads behind Survivor didn't want this announced; it was by those crafty people who get insider information and leak them to the public who announced this theme

Hopefully if this is true then the fact that the theme came to light so soon they'll just scrap it altogether, but I doubt it--they need to do some sort of 'twist' since this season will be in the same exact season as Season 21. And the fact that Lynne Spillman isn't happy about Russell coming back makes sense for her to acknowledge this theme I suppose.

This may be a good idea for "general viewers" who aren't as "into" the show as we internet folk are , but I think Survivor is ramming itself into the ground--their new themes are progressively getting worse IMO--this one hitting a new low. Having the same person with such a dominant character who takes up most screen time on 3 times within 5 seasons is overdoing it.
    If they bring back Russell for a THIRD time, I absolutely WILL NOT watch Survivor 22. I might decide to read the spoilers - but I am not even sure I will be able to do that upon hearing the rumor that Russell could be "guaranteed" to make it far into the game. That is just disturbing to hear and sounds like it is being scripted or manipulated in such a way that is completely unfair to everyone else.

If they do decide to bring Russell back, I hope that they see a drop in the number of viewers. I know that I am not the only one who will refuse to watch another season of the Russell Show.

I am sick of Russell. Two back-to-back seasons was too much, anymore and I'll wanna go postal.

I get that he'd bring in viewers, but he can't win the game with his strategy and he stubbornly refuses to change it. He's good at geting to F3, but he can't bring it to the bank when it comes to getting folks to vote for him.

I love Rob, so I'd not mind if that part was true.

Further proof this is happening:

IGN: During the Heroes vs. Villains reunion, Boston Rob and Russell both said they'd love to take each other on again. Do you think that's possible?

Probst: I would love it. I would love to see Rob and Russell go head-to-head or represent different tribes, something like that. Yeah, because it is a matchup that you want to see, 'cause in a weird way Rob is suddenly the hero [now] and Russell's the villain. In what world does that make sense? [Laughs]
    Jeff Probst Talks Survivor Age Showdown - TV Feature at IGN

+ Reply to Thread