+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by tante suzie View Post
    Why are all the spoiler's information whited out? This is supposed to be the Spoiler Thread....Right?
    There is no need for spoiler tags in this thread, this is true.

I just saw the previews for next weeks episode where Jeff tells everyone that whoever wins the duel on RI (either Matt or Sarita) will be re-entering the game and that the tribes are merging. He then revealed that the Redemption Island twist will begin all over again.

So, that does match up to the spoiler that one man and one woman from RI gets to go back into the game.

The duel requires both Matt and Sarita to balance themselves by putting a lot of weight on their feet, so it would APPEAR that since Matt hurt his foot, it won't bode well for Matt. However, this will not be true if the above spoilers have the correct boot list.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

There's only been a couple of times I've wanted Matt to really win RI, and this is one of them. I don't like Sarita and would be really disappointed to see her return to the game. Especially after Matt is so close. I really like him, and would love to see him get another chance. Hopefully it's not a revolving door where he re-joins the game and then gets voted back out. Of course if he gets another chance to re-join by going back to RI but what an unlucky break to be spending practically your whole Survivor experience out there.

I don't really know if I like the idea of someone else getting to re-join the game later on. So is that true that they enter at the final 5 mark (that's what I originally heard before the season started). I wonder who it'll be. I think Julie could be tough enough to last.

So I guess the final 3 spoiler of Matt could very well turn out to be true. Hopefully if it is, he wins, because I'm not crazy about the other 2 making it to the finals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    There's only been a couple of times I've wanted Matt to really win RI, and this is one of them. I don't like Sarita and would be really disappointed to see her return to the game. Especially after Matt is so close. I really like him, and would love to see him get another chance. Hopefully it's not a revolving door where he re-joins the game and then gets voted back out. Of course if he gets another chance to re-join by going back to RI but what an unlucky break to be spending practically your whole Survivor experience out there.

I don't really know if I like the idea of someone else getting to re-join the game later on. So is that true that they enter at the final 5 mark (that's what I originally heard before the season started). I wonder who it'll be. I think Julie could be tough enough to last.

So I guess the final 3 spoiler of Matt could very well turn out to be true. Hopefully if it is, he wins, because I'm not crazy about the other 2 making it to the finals this year.
    The only way I could stomach Matt winning is if he is in a F3 with the 2 bratty catty girls (still can't even remember their names they are such non-entities at this point). That said, Matt winning would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the game, which is first and foremost supposed to be about strategy and social relationships IMO, and make it almost exclusively about winning challenges (combined with taking "under the radar" and not offending anyone to a whole new level by being literally invisible around camp). I suspect if that happens, the producers will rethink this format if they plan to use it in future seasons, so as not to have a repeat situation.

I really hope that the semi-spoilers are wrong though, and we have a different (and IMO more deserving) F3, like at least one person among them who actually could claim some discernible strategy. Sadly, I have a sinking suspicion they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The only way I could stomach Matt winning is if he is in a F3 with the 2 bratty catty girls (still can't even remember their names they are such non-entities at this point). That said, Matt winning would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the game, which is first and foremost supposed to be about strategy and social relationships IMO, and make it almost exclusively about winning challenges (combined with taking "under the radar" and not offending anyone to a whole new level by being literally invisible around camp). I suspect if that happens, the producers will rethink this format if they plan to use it in future seasons, so as not to have a repeat situation.

I really hope that the semi-spoilers are wrong though, and we have a different (and IMO more deserving) F3, like at least one person among them who actually could claim some discernible strategy. Sadly, I have a sinking suspicion they're not.
    I think that from what the people who dueled and lost to Matt on RI have said about him in their post interviews he has played as good of a social game as he could under the circumstances. Being voted off so early in the game and having to spend the majority of his time by himself completely changed the game for him. He has missed out on so many of the things that embody the Survivor experience - like the team rewards and participating in the team challenges.

I actually think that Matt probably has a very good social game, but what we don't know is how good he is at strategizing his next move which is also a vital part of Survivor. Perhaps we will see more of that if he can make it back into the game and all the way to the F3.

Matt will probably have a huge target on his back after winning all those duels in a row. So, in order for him to make it to the F3, a lot of things will have to line up just right, or he will be targeted early on.

FORT Newbie

I think if Matt gets back in the game, he will have one target to get out....ROB. He got the tribe to evict Matt and it will be interesting how the two will greet each other upon his return.

Commercial tonight during ACMA says both tribes go to RI to witness the duel between Sharita and Matt. At some point Jeff tells them to drop their buffs, they are merged and the winner of the match will rejoin the game.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

When they merge, Rob's tribe has 6 and the other tribe 5, right? If that's the case, I'm sure Rob will do whatever he can to get Matt back to their side. I don't know if it's smart of Matt to trust Rob, but if he went with the other side he's screwed as well. Once they don't need his vote, he's gone. If the rumors are true, then Rob is gone down the road, before the final 3, and Matt supposedly makes it (I think the other name thrown out for a possible final spot was Grant?) I wouldn't mind Matt making the final 3, and if they do the favorite player of the season award he's getting my vote. Hopefully it doesn't go to Russell again. I really hope the other 2 final 3 spoilers aren't true, especially if it's true Natalie wins. I think her and Ashley are a waste of space at the moment. For once I'd like to see actual gameplay get rewarded over someone who just rode coattails to the end and is seen as the least offense of the trio. Granted, I don't know what Matt will do that warrants gameplay, but going to RI and winning duel after duel should count for something. Rob seems a little worried about Matt's success, and I'm sure he'll be trying to smooth that over. Although he brought up a good point a couple of episodes ago that he was just one vote for Matt.

It's funny that some of my favorites at the start of the show I now can't wait to see their ouster. Russell's former tribe got a little too cocky over ousting him and throwing the challenge to do so. I'm glad he's gone, and I don't think he would have helped them through their losing streak, but I think they could have axed one of his minions first. It's not like the other tribe would have wanted him to join their side, either.

FORT Fogey

If the spoiler about Matt is correct we will see him back in the game again. Without RI he would not be there. He is able to stay out of the social game which is the place for him to be, clearly! I was stunned when he told Rob he and Amanda were thinking of aligning with Z.

I really do not want him to win, big time no.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    If the spoiler about Matt is correct we will see him back in the game again. Without RI he would not be there. He is able to stay out of the social game which is the place for him to be, clearly! I was stunned when he told Rob he and Amanda were thinking of aligning with Z.

I really do not want him to win, big time no.
    Oh, I agree I don't want to see Matt win either....I hope the spoilers are wrong....

+ Reply to Thread