+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Yeah, those spoilers don't make me too excited. Seems like Russell's found his Natalie, and David's going to be as arrogant and obnoxious as I expected. I may sit this season out entirely. I'm glad that someone finally stands up to Russell, but does anyone in this game realize a 3 person alliance isn't dominant when there's more than 3 on the other side of things? It figures that Russell will once again probably do well, but even though I'm a fan, I'd love nothing more than to see him lose again to someone who rode his coattails to the finals Hopefully the show will finally put a fork in him.

If this is the best they can do for twists, maybe they should call it a day. Rivalries have always existed in Survivor, but they didn't revolve seasons around them. And some were actually rivalries vs ones the show just made up.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4148090;
    Ah, I am unfamilar with that term

But Russell makes it to at least the merge, so the way I interpret it is that Rooster is an early boot.

Krista, Russell and David I am assuming create a dominant alliance on Russell's tribe, keeping Russell safe for a while.
    Thanks. Well, if Russell makes it to the merge, that means he will be getting a lot of face time (as usual). This all sounds too familiar to me.

Does anyone know when (at what point in the game) that the tribe member from Redemption Island will be sent back into the game? I bet it is going to be Russell. If it is, then I will just have to pass on this season.

More spoilers!!

Longhornfan, your question is answered in bold.

Rob & Russell are both jury but neither are finalists. Jury is 7, with a final 3, but you probably were able to decipher that from the call sheets. And yes, Rob outlasts Russell in the game. I haven't heard that they face off at Redemption Island - must be that Russell loses before Rob comes. I can't say it as fact but I feel like I would have heard about it if they faced off.

Two people are "redeemed" and I believe one is male one is female. One at around the merge and the other at the finale, as you all know from call sheets.
    Sarita is in the final 8ish or better. She'll be UTR.

I didn't say Phillip premerge but you're all right on that one. He's out early.

I don't think Julie gets along with Russell but she gets along with David. Russell gets his way and she goes before the merge.

Surprise, surprise: Russell gets his hands on an idol. My understanding is that he's blindsided when he's voted out, but not quite sure yet if he's blindsided *with* the idol. That would surely be delicious irony, but I'm not too sure if he ends up playing it before the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4148714;
    More spoilers!!

Longhornfan, your question is answered in bold.
    It sounds like people are sent to Redemption Island right up until the finale.

If so, then once they reach that point in the game where Jeff begins to name the members of the jury, I guess that they will all have to go through Redemption Island first. Whoever loses the battle there isn't sent home but instead becomes a member of the jury.

Natalie is one of the last two girls standing.

Steve (NFL guy) is voted out right before the merge, but it is likely that he returns back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4149331;
    It sounds like people are sent to Redemption Island right up until the finale.

If so, then once they reach that point in the game where Jeff begins to name the members of the jury, I guess that they will all have to go through Redemption Island first. Whoever loses the battle there isn't sent home but instead becomes a member of the jury.
    This is something that I'm curious about, and it might just be I don't have this redemption island figured out yet. Once we get to the point of the merge, we have someone waiting on redemption island for 3 days, then the next person voted out joins them, they battle, and whoever wins stays and whoever loses goes to Ponderosa and the jury. However, does whoever is on redemption island make the jury rounds and then just go back to redemption island with whoever gets voted out?

I need to keep better track of my contestants. I didn't even remember there was a Natalie this season Any word on how Grant does? And if Russell goes before Rob, then I guess his alliance of Krista and David doesn't fare so well. I don't like the looks of David, so that would make me happy So far, it sounds like everyone's faring like I figured.

I'm tired of Rob and Russell, but I do enjoy the fact that they play the game. Rob's entertaining (he still holds some of my favorite one liners), and I like how, in the past, they've tried to stir things up. I don't know how I'll feel about seeing them again, and likely dominating the show/reunion. But I don't feel too good about this group as it is, so I'll probably root for them on default.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4150014;
    This is something that I'm curious about, and it might just be I don't have this redemption island figured out yet. Once we get to the point of the merge, we have someone waiting on redemption island for 3 days, then the next person voted out joins them, they battle, and whoever wins stays and whoever loses goes to Ponderosa and the jury. However, does whoever is on redemption island make the jury rounds and then just go back to redemption island with whoever gets voted out?
    I am also confused as to how this is going to work, but I interpreted the above spoiler that stated 2 are "redeemed" (one at the merge and one at the finale) like this. One "redeemed" player will rejoin the tribe when they merge, and the other "redeemed" player will be brought back and be given a chance to make the final three.

Maybe that is not how it works, but how else do you explain the wording in that spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4150554;
    I am also confused as to how this is going to work, but I interpreted the above spoiler that stated 2 are "redeemed" (one at the merge and one at the finale) like this. One "redeemed" player will rejoin the tribe when they merge, and the other "redeemed" player will be brought back and be given a chance to make the final three.

Maybe that is not how it works, but how else do you explain the wording in that spoiler?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused After I wrote my original post I thought I answered my own question, but I wasn't sure. I think what you said (and the spoiler) makes more sense. The way Probst explains it, it sounds like everyone who gets voted off goes to redemption island, battles, and then whoever loses leaves while the winner sticks around. But I guess they'd have to have someone redeemed and join the tribe at the merge at least.

I'm glad to hear at least one female does get redeemed (allegedly) because looking at the guys vs the girls, it doesn't seem like it'd be a fair match up. I wonder if the new group was told that if they quit they game after the merge they may wind up not being on the jury as has happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4150697;
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused After I wrote my original post I thought I answered my own question, but I wasn't sure. I think what you said (and the spoiler) makes more sense. The way Probst explains it, it sounds like everyone who gets voted off goes to redemption island, battles, and then whoever loses leaves while the winner sticks around. But I guess they'd have to have someone redeemed and join the tribe at the merge at least.
    This has already been brought up by another poster, but I wonder how TPTB will be able to "keep all those balls in the air" at the same time. As far as I know Survivor 22 is still going to be a one-hour show, so how much of that hour will be focused on the two people who will battle each other on Redemption Island?

Something will have to give, so will it be that the reward challenge is eliminated? Or will TPTB focus so much on Redemption Island and the "feud" between Russell and Boston Rob that it completely overshadows everything concerning the other tribe members? By adding the twist of "redemption" plus the ongoing feud, that seems like to lot to cram into one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4150828;
    This has already been brought up by another poster, but I wonder how TPTB will be able to "keep all those balls in the air" at the same time. As far as I know Survivor 22 is still going to be a one-hour show, so how much of that hour will be focused on the two people who will battle each other on Redemption Island?

Something will have to give, so will it be that the reward challenge is eliminated? Or will TPTB focus so much on Redemption Island and the "feud" between Russell and Boston Rob that it completely overshadows everything concerning the other tribe members? By adding the twist of "redemption" plus the ongoing feud, that seems like to lot to cram into one hour.
    My guess is they'll probably combine the the immunity and reward challenges, maybe even after the merge when it gets individual. Since a lot of that is sponsers, and they have to supersize whatever logo on the screen for at least 5 seconds and have Probst use the company every other word, I don't see them eliminating it. But, I could be wrong. I was thinking the same thing, because I know the Russell/Rob feud and the contestant's disgust/glee with having them around will probably take up a lot of time, at least for the first few episodes. Then I believe they'll probably cut to redemption island and showcase the person struggling out there and preparing for the challenge, whatever it is. It kind of makes me wish this had happened last season. It's not like much else went on out there This will make for a pretty cramped episode, so I'm guessing it'll be one thing right after the other, and maybe not a lot of camp footage of everyone lounging around.

+ Reply to Thread