+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Does anyone know where the new Survivor is being held? Are they going back to Nicaragua? I looked, but couldn't find "Redemption Island" anywhere on my map . I've always thought the location was half the fun of the show! (And, no offense to Nicaragua or it's people, as a Survivor location, it wasn't one of my favorites). Also, I'm OK with twist (I think ), but I'm curious about when the person returns. As long as it's not too late in the game, or much beyond the start of jury members, it could be interesting. Then they would still have to actually play the game a bit to get to the end. But if they return much later, around F4-F5 or so, and they're able to pull out a single win that gets them to finals...no fair And finally, will the remaining survivors be kept updated as to who is winning on Redemption Island? Sure they know someone is coming back, but I would think that might play into their strategy if they knew for sure a particular person would not be returning.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The spoilers have changed a bit throughout but originally I heard that the person was returning late game who won the whole Redemption challenge. I wonder if they'll wind up being granted immunity since they'd seem to be an easy target to get voted off after already being voted off once before That's why I hate twists like this. Some people get royally screwed by twists or just being on the wrong side of a tribe, but once you're voted out, you should stay out (and if you quit, you shouldn't be allowed on the jury-glad they're changing that rule. Nay and Kelly didn't look too pleased they single handedly changed the format for the future ) And I believe they're doing back to back seasons in the same location, so the new Survivor will be in Nicaragua.

If Naonka and Purpple Kelly were not in the jury, Chase would have won. So that would have suck for Fabio. I don't like these former Survivors coming back again. I hate to see their faces again. I want a new set. And for pete's sake, some has already been there 10 times! Or so it seems. Why not bring back those who got booted off because they got injured or sick, like Michael Skupin? We need new all-star faces.

Also that Redemptoin Island twist I have mixed feelings. I hope they only come back just before the merge or it will not be fair because in all likelihood, whoever comes back will make the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4131596;
    If Naonka and Purpple Kelly were not in the jury, Chase would have won.
    Pure speculation on your part. How do you know who they voted for?

No, Chase would still have lost. He had votes from NaOnka, Purple Kelley, Alina and Brenda. He'd have received 2 votes instead of 4 if NaOnka nad PK were not there.

Fabio had Jane, Holly, Dan, Marty and Benry.

I agree that quitters should not be allowed to vote though.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4131768;
    No, Chase would still have lost. He had votes from NaOnka, Purple Kelley, Alina and Brenda. He'd have received 2 votes instead of 4 if NaOnka nad PK were not there.

Fabio had Jane, Holly, Dan, Marty and Benry.

I agree that quitters should not be allowed to vote though.
    Jane and Holly voted for Chase.

Na'Onka and Kelly Shinn voted for Fabio.

Chase would have won had the quitters not been on the jury.

If they had simply lowered the number of people on the jury by two, you're correct. However, it seems to me that the producers might bring back whomever was the next in line to keep the jury at its correct number... in this case that would have been Jill and Yve.

It's pure conjecture, but I'm of the mindset that both would have voted for Fabio as well, especially Jill as Marty was very gung-ho about Fabio and Jill, well, she pretty much followed his lead all game.

Oh, and PS Scoot: You can find out who voted for whom in all seasons on Wikipedia.

SassyKat: It was Marty, Benry, Dan, NaOnka and Kelly S for Fabio; Jane, Holly, Alina and Brenda for Chase.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

They can't bring back players who had been eliminated before the jury to come back. For one thing, they have already been sent to Losers' Lodge in some other location. (Pictures have surfaced from past seasons which have shown early eliminees spending time in other countries.)

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;4131172;
    Seems like Survivor 22 Redemption Island is a copy off of MTV's Real World Road Rules Challenges, they for a long time have done different versions of this where 2 players are voted into the "duel" to dook it out and the winner stays in the game. JP is acting like its a totally new original idea......not. But I do think it will be interesting because I love the MTV challenges.
    No, it's based off the Israeli version of the show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If Naonka and Purpple Kelly were not in the jury, Chase would have won. So that would have suck for Fabio. I don't like these former Survivors coming back again. I hate to see their faces again. I want a new set. And for pete's sake, some has already been there 10 times! Or so it seems. Why not bring back those who got booted off because they got injured or sick, like Michael Skupin? We need new all-star faces.

Also that Redemptoin Island twist I have mixed feelings. I hope they only come back just before the merge or it will not be fair because in all likelihood, whoever comes back will make the jury.
    I agree it'd be nice to have new faces instead of the same people getting to play the game 3 and 4 times because the producers/Jeff adore them so much. I like Russell and Boston Rob, but I've had enough of them, and see no point in next season other than boosting their egos even more. Seeing people who left the game due to medical emergenices should definitely get a second chance, if they can physically return (not just Skupin, but also Bruce from Exile Island, and the guy from Fiji). I remember how bad Bruce wanted to stay and that Mike thought he'd be able to return. What dedication from those two considering Purple and Nay couldn't last 11 more days There are a lot of people I'd much rather see get a second chance than see the same people get a 3rd, 4th, or 5th chance just because they feel they made good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4131771;
    Jane and Holly voted for Chase.

Na'Onka and Kelly Shinn voted for Fabio.

Chase would have won had the quitters not been on the jury.
    Ah, thanks for the correction.

+ Reply to Thread