+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: That fire was intentional!

FORT Newbie

That fire was intentional!

I cannot believe no one else is talking about this. How could the cameramen have known that fire was going to happen?

1. They zoomed in on the fire and on Butch's banner as the tribe members were leaving for the immunity challenge. It was just like foreshadowing in a feature film. Only the camermen should not have know this was going to happen.
    2. The immunity necklace was only half burned. Why not fully burned or completely out of the fire? That was for effect. The producers thought it would look cool on TV if tribe members wore a half burned necklace.
    3. Why would camera men remain at the scene when all the action was taking place at the challenge? Shots of an empty camp would not usually be appealing to a TV audience -- unless they knew there was going to be a fire.

I know it is all circumstantial but reason #1 is overwhelming. Watch it again. Too weird not to be set on purpose.

Maybe the cameramen just had a hunch.

You know, a fire left unattended, stacks and stacks of very dry wood (as Butch said half a million times) doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a fire COULD get out of control.

Besides, I'm sure the cameramen had tons and tons of stock footage anyway.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Maybe the cameramen just had a hunch.

You know, a fire left unattended, stacks and stacks of very dry wood (as Butch said half a million times) doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a fire COULD get out of control.

Besides, I'm sure the cameramen had tons and tons of stock footage anyway.
    Ha, ha, - doesn't take a rocket scientist. I'll never be able to hear those words again without thinking of Dave

jin
    I wondered why the burning camp was filmed for so long instead of any effort being made to put it out, as it was charring the tree, etc. I also think someone could have grabbed their bags before it became such a large fire. Didn't the roof catch fire first? I don't know if it was staged..kinda doubt it, but I think it was much appreciated for the extra drama, which annoys me.
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

I think they must have signed a contract to protect the national park they are filming is, so they had to eventually put the fire out, but first, for great effect on TV screen, let it burn some, and let the nature take it's course. A small natural disaster makes good TV, and it was just waiting to happen anyway. One tree charred probably is acceptable, it could be that the survivors would be allowed to chop down a tree or two anyway. But not to burn part of rainforest down completely, so the camera crew had to limit the fire to the gear where it started.

Why wasn't the necklace burned? Because Heidi had won immunity, so it was in her pack, which was largely undamaged because it was UNDER the shelter, not in it like the others.

The camera crew aren't supposed to intervene. If it burns, it burns. It's great TV.

I didn't get a really good look, but it seemed that the area surrounding the camp went mostly unharmed from the fire. Perhaps the cameramen and whoever else made sure that only the camp burned? That way, the Survivors still burned their own camp down, and the rain forest isn't damaged.

Just my $.02 while I patiently wait for that beautiful red X over Heidi's face.

and

Welcome aboard Healblade. You took the words right out of my mouth.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Healblade
    I didn't get a really good look, but it seemed that the area surrounding the camp went mostly unharmed from the fire. Perhaps the cameramen and whoever else made sure that only the camp burned? That way, the Survivors still burned their own camp down, and the rain forest isn't damaged.
    I believe that probably was the case. I remember in an interview with Mark Burnett he was asked what would have happened if the cameraman had stopped to help Mike (in the Outback) when he fell in the fire. He replied that the cameraman would have been fired on the spot. So I'm sure that in this particular instance, the only real concern would have been for the rainforest itself and not the belongings of the survivors. If any of the rainforest surrounding their camp clearing was ablaze, I'm sure it would have been put out immediately (whilst they let Jenna's crown and Rob's Magic 8-Ball continue to roast of course!)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    The fire wasn't anyone's fault and it was everyone's fault. The palm fronds were so dry anything could have set them off. They all should have been smart enough to know brown things burn, green things don't. Think of Christmas tree fires.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast