+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That fire was intentional!

I still think it's amazing that they even built a "fire shelter" in the first place. How stupid does that sound?

I dont know about intentional! But I am sure the crew didnt allow the fire to just rage out of control.

The Immunity necklace was hanging on a tree near the fire. I have the show recorded, and was watching the fire scene, and you can clearly see it hanging on a tree(that did not burn) close to the fire. The charring on the IN was probably from the heat of the fire.

As far as the close up of the fire and of Butch's banner...they do that same shot just about everytime they leave camp. I am sure there was plenty of stock footage of the campfire, of Butch gathering wood(I mean come on, Im sure butch wasnt ONLY gathering wood this one particular day...he was always out getting wood), and of butch's banner.

Hmmm...maybe they should feature this season of Survivor on X-files next week.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I think that point 1 can be attributed to good editing. They could have gone back to earlier footage of a close up on the banner for the episode. That doesn't seem suspicious to me.

Point 3 can also be explained. There are so many cameramen filming Survivor that I'm sure one is assigned constant camp duty to wait for when the Survivor come back from the challenge so that he can get "the zoomed in on the trees as the survivors arrive to the camp" shot.

However I will admit that point 2 is a good one. The immunity necklace WAS half burnt, and I don't think it was in Heidi's pack since the pack looked intact when she checked for it after the fire. I agree that it should have either been fully burnt, or not burnt at all, but not half burnt.

Interesting.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think the immunity necklace is just usually hanging around on something. Maybe the camera folks salvaged it when it started on fire....that's something that they really need in the game.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Very good point, BF

I guess I don't have much of a reason to believe that fire was intentional. I deem it unintentional, until further investigation.
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey

Fire away!

Originally posted by Zaius
    I guess I don't have much of a reason to believe that fire was intentional. I deem it unintentional, until further investigation.
    And if you deem it thusly, it shall be so!

I believe the unattended fire did ignite the stored wood next to it, the camera crew filmed it and then extinguished it before it got out of control.

How long could it have burned before the three intrepid Survivors returned to camp to find their treasures gone? As we all know Jenna sustained the greatest losses with the Zeta jacket ("handed from sister to sister") and her pledge crown being destroyed.

I can imagine the camera crew realizing the fire is going out of control and seeing all of Jenna's belongings in jeopardy. One of them says "We should probably pull it out before it catches fire, she has very valuable things in there, like her Zeta crown and Zeta jacket".

They then bust up laughing and continue filming.
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    Z,
    I was actually going to write that for my last sentence but then refrained from it. Glad you said it.

kaj
    Originally posted by Zaius
    I can imagine the camera crew realizing the fire is going out of control and seeing all of Jenna's belongings in jeopardy. One of them says "We should probably pull it out before it catches fire, she has very valuable things in there, like her Zeta crown and Zeta jacket".

They then bust up laughing and continue filming.
    Maybe the crew filming the shelter, waited 'til they know that Jenna's things were torched altogether before they made a move to stop the fire...

"Okay, people! Jenna's Zeta crown is done!"

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Originally posted by kaj
    "Okay, people! Jenna's Zeta crown is done!"

It did look intentional. Really great camerawork at the exact timing of the fire.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast