+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 21: Nicaragua -- Information, Rumours, Speculation

Re: Survivor 21: Nicaragua -- Information, Rumours, Speculation

Jimmy Fallon mentioned the new format on his show the other night, saying that this Season Survivor would challenge age stereotypes by pitting the "over 40" tribe who want to show that they still have what it takes to win against the "under 30 tribe" that will actually win.

We'll find out for sure if the spoilers are correct tomorrow...Jeff is revealing the cast on The Early Show

Cast bios are up on CBS.com!

Here's what I think based on their one minute videos:

Alina: not sure about her yet. might end up feeling sorry for her, as she seems like a genuine girl trying to be tough

Ben: WAY too all about himself. Bleh

Brenda: I think she'll learn a lot about herself. Right now she seems kind of snotty but I think I might end up liking her

Chase: love him. Scared he's going to get eaten alive by all the meanies

Dan: don't know yet. leaning toward liking him

Holly: Annoying but I sort of feel sorry for her, b/c she's probably going to get eaten alive too

Jane: Annoying as all crap. Reminds me of the older lady on JT's season but I can't remember her name

Jill: she'll be the alpha female. don't know if I'll like her

Jimmy J: seems so sweet (have no knowledge of how he is on his show, don't watch NFL and he coached college before my time)

Jimmy T: gonna try too hard and be annoying

Jud: might be good for some laughs. Think he'll get broken down

Kelly B: seems like such a sweetheart! I love her (and would even if she wasn't an amputee)

Kelly S: the type of girl I LOATHE

Marty: Bleh. Too full of himself

Matthew: same as Marty (and Ben)

No Onka: not sure. She may get her behind handed to her

Shannon: want not to like him, as he is kind of like Matt, Ben, Marty. Seems to be something genunine down deep though. We'll see

Tyrone: Love

Wendy: annoying

Yve: clueless

That's a very quick view of them. Can't wait to see how they are on the season and what happens. I am not going to let myself ready ANY spoilers this time (hopefully). Can't wait til 9/15! Too far away!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Wow, the cast reveal snuck up on me I'm already rooting against the younger players. No matter how power hungry the older men get, or den mothery the older women get, and the fact that both sides are probably going to have heavy egos, I think the younger tribe will be way more obnoxious, lazy, and self absorbed.

And unless there was some photo re-touching done, some of the older contestants look like they could fit in with the younger tribe. Here's a link with everyone's info:

CBS reveals the new cast of 'Survivor: Nicaragua'

The youngsters: La Flor Tribe

1.Alina Wilson (23): An art student from California who wants to prove she’s more than just a pretty face.

2.Ben “Benry” Henry (24): A club promoter from Los Angeles who plans on using his flirting skills.

3.Brenda Lowe (27): A paddleboard company owner and Hispanic beauty queen from Miami, Florida.

4.Chase Rice (24): A pro racecar jackman who’s adventurous and competitive.

5.Jud Birza (21): A cocky student from Venice, CA who loves to surf.

6.Kelly Bruno (26): A medical student from North Carolina who became the fastest female amputee to finish the Ironman World Championships.

7.Kelly Shinn (20): A nursing student at the University of Hawaii who wants to work on her mental game.

8.Matthew “Sash” Lenahan (30): A luxury real estate broker from New York City who hopes to parlay his confidence into the game of Survivor.

9.NaOnka Mixon (27): A P.E. teacher from Los Angeles who was a track star in school.

10.Shannon Elkins (30): A pest control company owner and father of three children.

The elders: Espada Tribe:

1.Dan Lembo (63): A super fit real estate executive from New York.

2.Holly Hoffman (44): A swim coach and mother of three from South Dakota who wants a challenge in life.

3.Jane Bright (56): A dog trainer from North Carolina who was brought up on a farm.

4.Jill Behm (43): AN ER doctor and mother from Pennsylvania.

5.Jimmy Johnson (67): A retired NFL coach and sports broadcaster who is used to being in charge.

6.James “Jimmy T” Tarantino (48): A commercial fisherman from Glouster, MA who won the Sears Casting Call.

7.Marty Piombo (48): A technology executive from California who once rescued an injured climber on Mt. Whitney.

8.Tyrone Davis (42): A fire captain from California who runs triathlons for fun.

9.Wendy DeSmidt-Kohlhoff (48): A goat rancher from Montana who likes to talk a lot and was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army.

10.Yve Rojas (41): A homemaker from Kansas City who is the mother of two daughters.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-09-2010 at 02:21 PM.

I think I'll like Jud.

I hope the older tribe doesn't have this ego that they're better just because they're supposedly "wiser", where they look down on the younger tribe.

I think the younger tribe will be heavy on the egos at first. But the first few times they get their tails handed to them, if that happens, they might change their tune. That will be interesting to see. I don't know if I'm going to like a certain tribe or just certain people. Usually it's certain people. So far the attitude of La Flor and the downright annoyingness of the women on Espada doesn't bode well for either of them with me. But, I'm just going off a one minute video.

I'm guessing this might be what happens, if Survivor history has taught me anything. On the older tribe, there might be a battle of the egos between the men and women and a blame game of who's causing them to lose, plus a clash of leadership. And a couple of weak minded folks who defect the more annoying egotisical on that side.

On the younger side of things, probably a similar clash, except one between the worker bees who appoint themselves leaders, but get on the outs with the beach bums, alpha males, and bimbos who are using their looks to snuggle up and coat tail ride someone to the end but try and pretend they have a thought in this game and are making decisions. And of course when their security blanket gets booted, they whine, scream, and cry.

And of course, there will definitely be a lot of trash talking of both sides, with the older tribe probably throwing out age is only a number, they have more life experience, more wisdom, so forth and so on, with the younger group just getting the point and saying they're younger and more athletic so why wouldn't they beat a tribe that's not even 20 years older than some of them? At least that's my theory for how things go

I'm hoping both tribes put their age differences aside and don't knock each other just for that.

Anyhow, I kind of like this cast after listening to their videos. Marty, Jimmy T and Dan though from the older tribe I feel will have big egos. I swear I'm not being biased, but from the videos I think I like the young tribe better; I saw less potential for big egos

I feel sorry for Jimmy J--he's going to be a HUGE target--ugh, this is why I hate stunt casting.

I also lol'd at Kelly Shinn's video, saying she likes Elizabeth Hasselbeck even though she hasn't watched "all of her seasons" . Obviously she doesn't watch Survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4032138;
    I'm hoping both tribes put their age differences aside and don't knock each other just for that.

Anyhow, I kind of like this cast after listening to their videos. Marty, Jimmy T and Dan though from the older tribe I feel will have big egos. I swear I'm not being biased, but from the videos I think I like the young tribe better; I saw less potential for big egos

I feel sorry for Jimmy J--he's going to be a HUGE target--ugh, this is why I hate stunt casting.
    I also lol'd at Kelly Shinn's video, saying she likes Elizabeth Hasselbeck even though she hasn't watched "all of her seasons" . Obviously she doesn't watch Survivor!
    It could be the other way around also with a lot of them being star struck wanting to keep him around.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4032138;

I'm hoping that happens as well, but not counting on it. We've seen the battle of the ages pop up before by accident. I do agree the young tribe comes off a little better and, if there is a lot of trash talking, will probably come more from the older side. I think it'll be a lot of producer prodding to get them to talk about why their side is better because of their ages, but a few episodes in it'll probably never get brought up (until the merge, and probably a clash with personalities and ego there for the time being). The cast looks and sounds interesting so far. Hope there's not a Russell or Coach who steals the spotlight for the whole season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast