+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 21: Nicaragua -- Information, Rumours, Speculation

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 21: Nicaragua -- Information, Rumours, Speculation

I was in Belize for vacation just a few years ago, and while you would not want to go out into the capital at night alone the rest of the country seemed very safe--nice, friendly and all native English speaking people ... with a lot of people who had fled there from neighboring countries that were much less safe, and who were very appreciative of the safety of Belize. We left the capital after one day and drove all over the country with some friends in an SUV...great beaches, great mountains, great Mayan ruins, all in a small space. Also some very good food!
    Nicaragua, though, somewhat of a different story, just ddin't want Belize tarred with the same brush.

I can't wait until this thread starts getting some love. When does the show start, September? Surely we'll have cast rumors in the next month or so.

Filming is taking place as we speak. It's fairly early in the game though.

I technically visited Nicaragua when I went to Costa Rica 2 years ago with a school program, during a boat tour when we crossed the border for a little bit. There was another day when we didn't have anything planned to do, so our hosts offered a few things to do. One thing was a day visit to Nicaragua. I wanted to go since it would have been cool to visit another country, but our teacher chaperones refused. At that time, I didn't know about the possible dangers of visiting the country, so I didn't know why they refused. But after I came home, my older cousins who inquired about my trip told me all about the country's reputation (not really the best term, but it'll do).

Anyway, with all that said, I was pretty shocked to hear that Nicaragua was chosen as the newest location, after what I've been told. Production always visits the location beforehand however, so it's not like they're going to a dangerous part. But the country is somewhat known for its dangers, so there's a part of me that wonders why it was chosen. Eh, it probably won't be a big deal; it's most likely just another typical beach location.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

They're further into the game now... just think, as I type this, someone is getting heckled on a deserted island by Jeff Probst.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3913094;
    I was in Belize for vacation just a few years ago, and while you would not want to go out into the capital at night alone the rest of the country seemed very safe--nice, friendly and all native English speaking people ... with a lot of people who had fled there from neighboring countries that were much less safe, and who were very appreciative of the safety of Belize. We left the capital after one day and drove all over the country with some friends in an SUV...great beaches, great mountains, great Mayan ruins, all in a small space. Also some very good food!
    Nicaragua, though, somewhat of a different story, just ddin't want Belize tarred with the same brush.
    I didn't see this earlier--I also will vouch for Belize being fun and safe; the airport isn't even in Belize City, so I didn't even go there as I didn't hear about anything I cared to see there. I was traveling solo and never felt unsafe for a minute as I went all over the rest of the country. (By the way, they even moved the capitol out of Belize City--it's now Belmopan, 50 miles away, and an ok place)
    That's one reason a cruise has never appealed to me--when you DO get to go off the ship, it's unlikely to be anywhere I would really want to be!

Anyway-- I am sick of summer and summer TV, and ready for sSurvivor--when do sneak peeks come out?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hey guys, did some digging today and came up with two very very possible contestants!

Holly Hoffman, 44, South Dakota, pageant director. I couldn't find a pic to post but from the one I saw (I couldn't link to her fb page) she is pretty

Jimmy Tarantino, Maine, fisherman. Supposedly he won the Sears Survivor Online Audition Video Contest. He looks to be 40s/50s (ish)

I searched some other Survivor fan sites and came up with this. There were a few more names mentioned, but later on in the threads about those people they got pretty much de-bunked. (I think that's the word I'm looking for). Holly and Jimmy seem like the real deal.

Can't wait for S21 to start! Come on September!

The theme this season is 40+s yr olds vs 30- yr olds, or old vs young

Merge at 12.

Also, boot spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jimmy Johnson, the football coach, does not last long at all

I just heard on the news (local Dallas) that Jimmy Johnson, ex Cowboy's coach, is on this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Didn't they already do the young women vs young men vs older women vs older men twist in season 12-and after one episode divided them into regular tribes? Most pointless twist ever, though it was somewhat amusing to see the younger men almost get beat by the older women in the end. But their tribe had no chance.

Holly Hoffman has two daughters that are pageant girls, Alexandra and Elisabeth, that competed at Miss Teen USA and Miss America. I wouldn't really mind an over 30 edition of Survivor, as long as they got people who stood a chance and didn't like to play boss, house mom, and who could hack it in the challenges. It would beat watching the too skinny/buff showmancers who rely on coattail riding. I hope next season is more strategic game play and not as much relying on twists and idols. Let's get people to the end who got themselves there and not because of a twist or riding someone's coattails.

CBS pits youth against age on next `Survivor' - Yahoo! News

CBS pits youth against age on next `Survivor'
    Wed Jul 28, 1:44 pm ET

LOS ANGELES "Survivor" is going to exploit the generation gap.

CBS says the upcoming edition of the CBS reality show "Survivor: Nicaragua" will divide contestants into two tribes, young vs. old with "old" defined as starting at 40 for the so-called Espada Tribe.

The La Flor Tribe will be made up of people 30 and younger. The elders will have the chance to demonstrate that their experience and knowledge can help them best the "youth and vitality" of the younger crew, CBS said Wednesday.

"Survivor: Nicaragua" will debut 8 p.m. EDT Wednesday, Sept. 15, returning to the time slot in which "Survivor" first premiered in summer 2000.
    Still nothing on the CBS site yet.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast