+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3909146;
    OMG, I would so LOVE to see Yul against Russell.

Lopsided as they may be, Russell DOES have some skills, dare I admit. A battle of Titans, I would think.

jadewarlock - how is Yul being a 'jerk' now about Survivor? Did he turn them down or something?
    I believe Yul is in government/politics now and may even be considering running for office. I honestly can't blame him if he doesn't want to do Survivor again and wants people to associate him with something more serious than a reality show. If he's done or said something more jerky than that, I don't know.

No, Yul has been butt-hurt since Fans vs Favorites when Jonathan and Parvati got a spot from his season over him.

Also, Yul vs Russell--I hate Russell, but I think he'd win. Yul didn't have THAT much game. He just had a HII that had way more advantages back then (good up to F4...can play it AFTER the votes are read..)

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3909176;
    I believe Yul is in government/politics now and may even be considering running for office. I honestly can't blame him if he doesn't want to do Survivor again and wants people to associate him with something more serious than a reality show. If he's done or said something more jerky than that, I don't know.
    Yes, he is indeed, and that combined with MisterSSS' comment about him being looked over (though he's not the only one) is why he's seen as a jerk.

That said - Jerri walked out of the reunion show on I believe "All-Stars," but came back, so there is a chance he could play if he wanted to.

(MisterSSS, one minor thing though - it wasn't until a couple of seasons after Yul's they did the idol before the vote reveal, not immediately afterward.)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3909278;
    Yes, he is indeed, and that combined with MisterSSS' comment about him being looked over (though he's not the only one) is why he's seen as a jerk.

That said - Jerri walked out of the reunion show on I believe "All-Stars," but came back, so there is a chance he could play if he wanted to.

(MisterSSS, one minor thing though - it wasn't until a couple of seasons after Yul's they did the idol before the vote reveal, not immediately afterward.)
    The idol before the vote reveal started in Fiji (season right after Yul's).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3909278;

Sorry, I must be missing something. Because a guy who has degrees from Stanford and Yale and has done a lot of philanthropic work wants a career in public service, makes him a jerk? Also, why is the idea that he was hurt that he was overlooked to play on FvsF indicative of jerk-like behavior? What did he say or do exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3909395;
    Sorry, I must be missing something. Because a guy who has degrees from Stanford and Yale and has done a lot of philanthropic work wants a career in public service, makes him a jerk? Also, why is the idea that he was hurt that he was overlooked to play on FvsF indicative of jerk-like behavior? What did he say or do exactly?
    I did NOT say that his degrees were why he wasn't asked back. I'm sure he wasn't over the dramatics of some of the ones who were chosen. He is a VERY level-headed person compared to a majority of the contestants on this show - he reminds me a little bit of the cowboys this way.

He also flat out and has at least alluded if not mentioned that he was upset about being looked over in favor of some of these more wannabes who are more entertaining to watch than someone who actually plays the game.

But, most likely it's for the best if he's working for the government in some form or fashion... it's also probably why Elizabeth will also probably never come back to the show. They're doing very well post game and it'd be better that they don't let the show end up ruining what they do. (Though yes, I know some people will say let Elizabeth do it because they're fed up with her on "The View.")

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3905375;
    But see, if Russell is asked back for another season, and I fully expect that he will be, why wouldn't he go to final tribal council? He's been there twice and lost. What kind of moron wouldn't take him to sit next to them? Russell haters will be happy he didn't win again.

Those of us that watch purely for entertainment get another full season of Russell's hilarious antics and outrageous behavior.

And he'll probably win the Fan Favorite $$ again.

Win-win-win.
    The reason being you would want to take him out right away is because he can take you out first before you can bring him to the F3 or F2. Remember that he makes deals with everyone and he takes out anyone who doesn't serve his purpose anymore. Ask Danielle, Candace, Coach, Jaison, Mick, Jerri, etc., although with Jerri, he thought she will serve his purpose in the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3908773;
    ...(The only other thing I can remember from that season was that Becky and the other gal who was competing in the firebuilding contest for that third spot were so inept that they had to use matches to start the fire, and even then it took a long time for them to start a fire. Ensured them that whoever won, Yul and Ozzy didn't have to worry about the person getting any votes in final TC).
    I remember that season. Becky and Sandra couldn't make fire. It was so pathetic that Jeff finally gave up and said "Enough! We just created a new rule while both of you losers were trying to make fire for over 2 hours now... that if both players cannot create fire for 2 hours, both will be eliminated!!!". Well that was just my wishful thinking and would have been a nice twist. Becky, who finally won after they were given a match to create fire, was so useless and irrelevant in the F3 that he got as many votes as the stool she was sitting on. The jury didn't even notice she was there.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-21-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3909470;
    I did NOT say that his degrees were why he wasn't asked back. I'm sure he wasn't over the dramatics of some of the ones who were chosen. He is a VERY level-headed person compared to a majority of the contestants on this show - he reminds me a little bit of the cowboys this way.

He also flat out and has at least alluded if not mentioned that he was upset about being looked over in favor of some of these more wannabes who are more entertaining to watch than someone who actually plays the game.

But, most likely it's for the best if he's working for the government in some form or fashion... it's also probably why Elizabeth will also probably never come back to the show. They're doing very well post game and it'd be better that they don't let the show end up ruining what they do. (Though yes, I know some people will say let Elizabeth do it because they're fed up with her on "The View.")
    Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were insinuating that he was a jerk for choosing a career in government/politics over being a reality whore like Russell and many of the others. If certain fans and/or the producers are mad at him for not playing along with them or being more "entertaining", that is their problem. I have always had nothing but respect for Yul. Guess I just like rooting for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3909782;
    Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were insinuating that he was a jerk for choosing a career in government/politics over being a reality whore like Russell and many of the others. If certain fans and/or the producers are mad at him for not playing along with them or being more "entertaining", that is their problem. I have always had nothing but respect for Yul. Guess I just like rooting for the good guys.
    No, not at all - I find that fact as well as Elizabeth and I think Colleen in the past turning them down is really respectable. Shows they have class, even if Yul has appeared to some to be a jerk about the show.

It says a lot more strength to turn down appearing again in a popular show IMHO - we're seeing several people nearly turn into a Veronica from Mtv's "Road Rules" and "Road Rules/Real World" challenges where she's on nearly all of them and makes a living somewhat off them. That's NOT what these things should be about - it should be the game, and with some this season I felt they were more Veronica's than game players.

+ Reply to Thread