+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Yeah I can't stand people like that, and I work with one. I think Parvati played the best hand she could. I don't fault Parv for aligning with Russell and I think that was actually one of the best things she could have done. She would have won hands down if it was a Russell Parv final 2 instead of letting Sandra in. I think that was her only downfall. Other than that, I think she played the perfect game, considering the horrible hand she was dealt, and the fact that she had one of the biggest targets on her back, being not only a previous winner, but someone most people didn't really like because of her rep as a fem-fatalle men manipulator.

LG.

I see Russell's strategy as the opposite of Dr. Will's from Season 2 of Big Brother (which also relied upon a jury vote of evicted castmates to pick the winner). Both Will and Russell lied and schemed to position themselves to make it to the end of the game. They both also bragged about being masterminds and controlling the game. Will, however, was rather charming and funny to his competitors and didn't threaten people (even when chef Nicole went completely nuts at him). He played it cool. He kept his snide little remarks about how he was playing them for the cameras and live feed audience, not for the other castmates - his jury. He bragged plenty, but not in front of the people who were going to be doing the voting. He exercised some judgment and self-control regarding how and when he allowed himself to gloat and was careful not to do so in a way that would alienate the voters. TV audiences had big followings for both guys and their cocky attitudes (not everyone, mind you, but large followings compared to other castmates). However the jury (the votes that really mattered) came in for Will and haven't for Russell.

Russell could learn a lot by studying the game play of Dr. Will. But I'm not sure that Russell is capable of opening his small mind up enough to learn anything from anyone. He sure wasn't listening to Jeff in the reunion show, and Jeff knows plenty about the game of Survivor. Oh well, he doesn't want to learn. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I know he didn't get much time between seasons to adjust, but if he ever goes on again and does the same stupid thing, well, why bother. I admired Coach's improved attitude this season, and I thought he was quite the arrogant jerk the first time around. If coach can watch himself on tv and live and learn, maybe there is hope for Russell. Only if Russell can stop being "right" long enough to think though.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3906542;
    Only if Russell can stop being "right" long enough to think though.
    Agreed, but it isn't going to happen. He's so full of himself that there isn't room for anything new.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Well, you know what's going to happen now, don't you?

- Russell will go home, rest, recharge. (Probst admits Russell sorta lost it at the end after playing back to back games. His tirade against Rupert is a great example)

- Russell WILL be asked back to the next AS

- Russell will then combine his considerable manipulation skills with a friendly, kind, false exterior, modelling after such past winners as Brian Heidik (the car salesman)

- Russell will be booted off in the first vote!

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3906552;
    - Russell will go home, rest, recharge. (Probst admits Russell sorta lost it at the end after playing back to back games. His tirade against Rupert is a great example)

- Russell will then combine his considerable manipulation skills with a friendly, kind, false exterior, modelling after such past winners as Brian Heidik (the car salesman)

Definitely, probably, perhaps, and we can only hope so!
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3906552;
    Well, you know what's going to happen now, don't you?

If Russell is brought back to do another AS show, then it would be in the best interest of all the other AS that he be voted off first. They will have seen how he will do anything that he can to undermind and weaken the tribe that he is on. Just as Courtney said in her interview, with him being allowed to pour out water, burn socks and hid the machete, there is no telling what new evil things he could have in mind the 3rd time around.

I hope that Russell will never appear on another Survivor season, but if he does decide to, I hope he goes first. And he better take his hat and all his other possessions with him every time he goes out to look for the HII or whatever, because his tribe might be burning and hiding his things and sabotaging him the 3rd time around. What goes around comes around.

I have to disagree. I think the very best thing you could do is suck it up and deal with Russell to take to the end. He will always make everyone else hate him, so the votes would be for you not Russell. The best players to take to the finals have always been the most hated ones, if you take someone that everyone else likes, you are taking a big risk of not getting any votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3906674;
    I have to disagree. I think the very best thing you could do is suck it up and deal with Russell to take to the end. He will always make everyone else hate him, so the votes would be for you not Russell. The best players to take to the finals have always been the most hated ones, if you take someone that everyone else likes, you are taking a big risk of not getting any votes.
    But at the same time you have to be careful how tightly you align yourself with someone like him. Parvati played a brilliant game this go around, but because her and Russell were tightly knit since Day 1 or 4 his stink rubbed off on her and it cost her the game. Had she cut him loose at Final 5, then gone in front of the jury and broke down the game she played, she very well may have won it out of respect.

No, I don't think Parv didn't win because of her alliance with Russell. I think it really just came down to the fact that Sandra was a lot more liked than Parv. And I think all the heroes voted for her? Parv had a similar problem as Russell, as she pointed out, people were targeting her from the very beginning because they didn't like her for whatever reason, (girls jealous, guys don't like her manipulation whatever) so she had a similar PR problem like Russell, although not nearly to the same extent obviously.

Parv to win would have to have gone with Russell in a final 2, she wins hands down. For her to win, she would have to have someone more hated than her in the finals. Russell fit that bill to a tee. Sandra didn't. Sandra played the perfect final end game, pointing out she was trying to help the heroes, being liked, being funny, under the radar, in retrospect, Sandra plays a top notch A game, yes she sucks at challenges, but in all other aspects, maybe a perfect Survivor game all things considered. I agree with those that I think Parv would have a slightly better shot with Jerri in the finals instead of Sandra, and only because Jerri played a total coattail game and this jury may have picked parv over her. But other than that, I think parv played the perfect game that she could have. She was dealt a crappy hand and did all that she could with what she had, and almost made it. And if she would have, she would have been the 2 time winner and hands down the best player ever. As it is, still pretty close as to who is the best ever.

As I think Jeff said, you may not want to date someone like Parv, but if you're in a foxhole and the bullets and morters are blasting all around you, I don't think I could think of a better person to be in that situation with than Parv. I have truely grown to totally respect that chick.

FORT Fogey

Russell's fatal flaw was assuming that the jury would vote based on strategy. Nope! I mean, of course Rupert and those other idiots wouldn't! They are delusional! He made this mistake twice in a row. I don't blame him for not learning his lesson the first time since he filmed both seasons before learning the results of the first season. I would expect the Survivor pros to vote based on strategy but not this group of "heroes." Another flaw he had was not knowing anyone on the jury. Parvati and Sandra played with them before and have known many of them for years.
    I don't really see the logic in giving the money to Sandra. I think they just like her better and that's that. I guess If you really, really hate Parvati and Russell and could not stand to give them the money, you have no choice.

+ Reply to Thread