+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3905350;
    This is where I disagree. I hate that the Survivors have to stoke to the ousted players' egos in order to have a chance to win the game. All of them are so bitter at being voted out that they don't think of who outplayed, outwitted, or outlasted them...they just think of who they feel screwed them the least and vote for that person to win. Hence a Sandra victory. I would have been okay with Parvati winning but Sandra? She did absolutely nothing. They should add "outfriend" to the Survivor motto. This is why I stopped watching Survivor in the first place, and this is why I will stop watching again.
    I think they need to change the name of Survivor... maybe call it Coat-Tail-Rider...or... The Whining Jury
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3905170;
    (Russell) was kidding about changing the rules.
    Really? Because I didn't hear him once say "aw, Jeff, I'm just kidding about that." Amazing, because last season he was defended as just "joking" when he attempted to BUY the win from Natalie. (And again, not once did he retract that as a joke.) I guess Sandra was just joking when she chucked Russell's hat into the fire (sidebar: amazing that it's "mean-spirited" when she does it but "strategy" when Russell torches Jaison's socks... frankly, I thought it was AWESOME strategy: get Russell all out-of-sorts right before FTC. Brilliant IMHO.) Likewise, JT must have been joking when he handed over his HII. Tyson must have been joking when he made that bone-headed vote, too, huh?

If Russell's behavior is all being done in the name of humor, then he's about as good a comedian as he is a Survivor player: great set-up.... no pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3905170;
    But the thing is that he makes the game so much more entertaining.
    I'm horrified that people find Russell entertaining. Watching him victimize people left and right and then endlessly crow about how awesome he is? Frustrating, awful, annoying and NOT entertaining. Okay, I'll give you one thing entertaining troll moment: his confessional where he tabulated the votes and assumed there was no way he could lose was so incredibly deluded that I roared with laughter.

The guy isn't in touch with the reality of the game, and now says the game should be tailored to him whims (and no, he wasn't joking.) If they drag him bag into another season, I probably won't watch. We had to deal with a talentless, ego-centric Texan who performed his job without a clue for eight years... I don't need to watch the same on prime-time TV.

Besides, do you really think this stubborn little ox will change his massively flawed approach to the game in any way if he did come back?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905355;
    Besides, do you really think this stubborn little ox will change his massively flawed approach to the game in any way if he did come back?
    probably not, but i wouldn't be surprised if the game were changed somehow to prevent more results like the last two seasons. possibly back to a final 2

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3905159;
    I haven't navigated all 21 pages yet but has it been explained why/how Russel knew he didn't win last season? Near the end of the episode before tribal he said he picked two people he knew he could beat and it didn't work. But how would he know that?
    I don't think we can be sure he did know. They could have had him say it for editing purposes but also say "I took 2 weak players and won last time so it's proven" just to cover their bases. It's kind of like when they do the Apprentice cab rides. Season 1 cast said they made all of them do the get into a cab thing for filming. They said there was footage of Bill getting into a cab floating around even though it never happened. I personally believe that he didn't know. Cause if he had, you'd think he would have played a bit differently this season.

Now I'll give you guys my take on things:

1. Colby was the biggest waste of a return. He did not even play the game. I was pulling for him when I heard he was going to be on, but man what a disappointment. He checked out early and was likely kept around because they knew it would be easy to get rid of him down the road.

2. I was in the camp that thought Russell should have won last season. This season I think he was overbearing and overconfident. I never liked the troll, but I respected his game play. Now I'm just glad he's off my tv. 2 seasons in a row of Russell was too much for me!

3. I can't stand Parvati. But man she's got game. Still glad she did not win, but she definitely would have deserved it. I hate girls who think they can just skate by on their looks because there is no substance there. She is not the least bit likable to me, but I will admit that she can play. That being said, I hope she stays off my tv too. Really sick of her.

4. I would really like to have seen Ozzy and Terry back over Colby and Rupert. I never liked Rupert. The game would have been so different without Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye calling the shots.

5. JT you are an idiot! You have a guarantee of safety and you do not give it to the other side! Only way that move would have made sense is if they'd let an outcast go into the opposing camp each week. Then with that intelligence you can discern who needs the idol and who might be on your side. Without said knowledge, hang on to it for yourself.

6. Sandra was not a coattail rider. She had to make her own way. Natalie was a coattail rider. Sandra's alliance got obliterated before the merge. She tried to get a new alliance, but Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye Idiot would not listen. She played a great game by making Russel think she had second place and was fine with that. She was well deserving of the win.

I look forward to going back to regular players and hope we can avoid showboaters trying to be stars. I'm glad Sandra won, and I'm glad the season is over.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Regular

All of these sour grapes over that arrogant piece of trash Russell losing is silly. Tom was EXACTLY right...the person that wins is the person that DESERVES to win. This is NOT a game about who can strategize the best...who is the most physical...who is the nicest, etc. It's a game where your ONLY goal is to make it to the end, and convince 9 people to vote for you. Whatever means you use to get those people to vote for you is your business. If flying under the radar and not offending anyone gets you to the end and gets votes...congratulations! You deserve it.

Now...PLEASE CBS...don't subject us to having to look at that ugly, missing tooth, arrogant jerk again! Although, it would be fun to watch if Russell came back for another season. He would probably be the first or second voted off since the players would know what a complete tool he is.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;3905359;
    probably not, but i wouldn't be surprised if the game were changed somehow to prevent more results like the last two seasons. possibly back to a final 2
    In Russel's case, a final 2 would really only have made last night's vote worse. Do you think he'd have gotten a single vote against Sandra or Parvati? I don't. And #3 last time was a non-factor so the results likely would have been the same.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by brycola;3905362;

Now...PLEASE CBS...don't subject us to having to look at that ugly, missing tooth, arrogant jerk again! Although, it would be fun to watch if Russell came back for another season. He would probably be the first or second voted off since the players would know what a complete tool he is.
    yah, subject us to, oh, say, 20 different ugly, missing tooth, arrogant jerks. i agree, i've seen enough russell.. we could do w/ a lot less neanderthals and pretty faces

lol @ the comments.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;3905365;
    In Russel's case, a final 2 would really only have made last night's vote worse. Do you think he'd have gotten a single vote against Sandra or Parvati? I don't. And #3 last time was a non-factor so the results likely would have been the same.
    I think Parvati would have won, which is perfectly fine with me. Sandra was the useless one.

so.. eh?

ed: and i also disagree, because i think russell may have won in a final 2 last season vs mick. although i question whether he would have taken mick, if he won immunity.. since he seems to have a fundamental failing in his logic on how the jury votes

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;3905361;
    Now I'll give you guys my take on things:

1. Colby was the biggest waste of a return. He did not even play the game. I was pulling for him when I heard he was going to be on, but man what a disappointment. He checked out early and was likely kept around because they knew it would be easy to get rid of him down the road.

2. I was in the camp that thought Russell should have won last season. This season I think he was overbearing and overconfident. I never liked the troll, but I respected his game play. Now I'm just glad he's off my tv. 2 seasons in a row of Russell was too much for me!

3. I can't stand Parvati. But man she's got game. Still glad she did not win, but she definitely would have deserved it. I hate girls who think they can just skate by on their looks because there is no substance there. She is not the least bit likable to me, but I will admit that she can play. That being said, I hope she stays off my tv too. Really sick of her.

4. I would really like to have seen Ozzy and Terry back over Colby and Rupert. I never liked Rupert. The game would have been so different without Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye calling the shots.

5. JT you are an idiot! You have a guarantee of safety and you do not give it to the other side! Only way that move would have made sense is if they'd let an outcast go into the opposing camp each week. Then with that intelligence you can discern who needs the idol and who might be on your side. Without said knowledge, hang on to it for yourself.

6. Sandra was not a coattail rider. She had to make her own way. Natalie was a coattail rider. Sandra's alliance got obliterated before the merge. She tried to get a new alliance, but Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye Idiot would not listen. She played a great game by making Russel think she had second place and was fine with that. She was well deserving of the win.
    Couldn't agree with you more on all points. Great analysis.

I love Colby, but I agree, he didn't have a great season. I appreciated his explanation when Jeff asked him that was the case, however... the game wasn't fun or adventurous for him this time around, and that seriously deflated his game. Not that it's an excuse, but at least it was nice to hear where he was coming from.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fogey

But see, if Russell is asked back for another season, and I fully expect that he will be, why wouldn't he go to final tribal council? He's been there twice and lost. What kind of moron wouldn't take him to sit next to them? Russell haters will be happy he didn't win again.

Those of us that watch purely for entertainment get another full season of Russell's hilarious antics and outrageous behavior.

And he'll probably win the Fan Favorite $$ again.

Win-win-win.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread