+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 384

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #241
    FORT Troublemaker MisterSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Congrats to Sandra. Well earned, but I think Parvati had a way more impressive game.

    I wish Jeff would have asked if any of the jurors would have changed their vote after watching the season on television (a different perspective). Would have been curious to see how many of them would have changed their vote to Russell or Parvati.

    And America shouldn't have a say in how Survivor pans out. This isn't Big Brother. Part of the fun of the game is having big upsets in the end

  2. #242
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron;3905241;
    And Sandra wasnt rude and annoying the entire time on that show? She was rude and arrogant the entire way.

    Russell's is just more magnified and up front.
    I didn't state that Sandra was Emily Post or Miss Congeniality. Only that she is less culpable for burning one hat in comparison to Russell Hanz reign of terror regarding the destruction of personal property.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3905236;
    Come on people. Survivor isn't going to change up the format of the show just because Russell can't win with a jury of his peers. Why should they? The show is just fine like it is. It isn't the format that is the problem. Russell has no one to blame but himself. His gameplan is flawed.
    I'm sure if he calls enough people names, then holds his breath until he turns blue, then stamps his feet like a two year old, the game will change.

    At least that's how things work in Russells world. The real world, not so much.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

  4. #244
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Jadewarlock, I fully and wholeheartedly agree with you in regards to pointing out all the things Sandra did in both her seasons to earn both her victories!

    To me, a coattail rider is a player who enters an alliance and latches onto it and almost always to a specific person in that alliance and lets that person and alliance drag them to the end while they do nothing. Natalie had shades of this, but I definitely stand witth Sandra no being a coattail rider. Sure, Parvati and Russell make the big and flashy moves. Sandra does not need to do that, her gameplay is much more subtle. Simply put, it's UTR done right. She is sneaky, she comes off as not being a threat, she has a low tolerance for BS and is not afraid to get in your face and still not be seen as a threat. She does her strategizing behind the scenes. works by laying low and not gathering much attention on herself, and most important of all, she knows how to adapt and roll with the punches.

    People say that her strategy to vote Russell out various times was useless because she failed to do so and it made Russell seem a better player, but I disagree with that, because it clearly showed Sandra knew how to turn a failure into an advantage. In going to the heroes multiple times with the offer to vte off Russell nd clearly having the numbers to do so, she instead got ignored and the heroes got voted out over such blunders, but in the end it showed that she tried playing the game, the heroes recognized that she tried helping them and they did themselves in for ignoring her help, and thus decided to reward her for it. That definitely shows being able to adapt and being able to turn a disadvantage into an advantage.

    Simply put, just because Sandra's moves weren't as big and flashy as Russell's and Parvati's doesn't mean they weren't there or were any less valid. Sandra showed how the UTR strategy can really work and how it should be played. She has moves, she has skills, and she is definitely deserving of her victory.

  5. #245
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    peaceful north
    Posts
    575

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3905236;
    Russell has no one to blame but himself. His gameplan is flawed.
    As a Russell fan who thinks he was robbed last season, I realize his game falls short.... he drops the ball at the 1 yard line. If only he would continue to "play the game" right to the very end, the outcome might be different. He neglects to stroke the jurors egos.... praise the gameplay of people he voted off. A little humble pie would earn him the title.... if he could only execute it.

    Thank goodness Parvati did not win! There is something about her that bothers me each and every time she is on a season. No more Parvati, please!

    I am totally indifferent about Sandra. She is quite forgettable for me.

  6. #246
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Hopefully, the girl that Russell was arrested for pushing to the ground, will see a share of that "fan favorite" money.

  7. #247
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I agree with Rembrant. A flashy game isn't the only game that wins Survivor. Sometimes, important moves are made while staying low-key.

    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3905255;
    If all the Heroes voted Sandra and all the Villains voted Parvati with Courtney the odd person out, then Sandra owes the Heroes for her victory as it's the Heroes with their numbers that ultimately determined the winner.
    Exactly.

    But it was Sandra who gained those votes herself.

    She was the one who came to them to turn the game around at the merge, but all they did was ignore her claims. People may see that as a failure, but in the end, I don't think it was. For one thing, it was more the Heroes' fault than Sandra's. And in the process, she played the all-important social game. It's sort of ironic to say that the brash, lippy mother can play the social game, but she did. The Heroes liked her. Partly because of her willingness to go to their side, partly because of her mutual hate of Russell, and partly because they simply liked her. In turn, the Heroes disliked Russell, and by association, Parvati. Sandra played a solid strategic game, but what was more important was that she didn't burn bridges like Russell did. She still fought for herself every night, but she never got to the point where she outright offended anyone. And she was able to adapt whenever things didn't go her away. With all of the combined, she found herself with the win yet again.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 05-17-2010 at 02:47 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  8. #248
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    377

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Congrats to Sandra! See played the heroes well, though. Although she told them she wanted Russell out, I don't recall she ever wrote his name down? I believe she has always voted with the villains at the tribal council. I'm glad she won instead of Parvati, and especially Russell.

  9. #249
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3905256;
    Congrats to Sandra. Well earned, but I think Parvati had a way more impressive game.

    I wish Jeff would have asked if any of the jurors would have changed their vote after watching the season on television (a different perspective). Would have been curious to see how many of them would have changed their vote to Russell or Parvati.

    And America shouldn't have a say in how Survivor pans out. This isn't Big Brother. Part of the fun of the game is having big upsets in the end
    They let America have a say in Big Brother once and we saw how that turned out Jeff has asked on and off if the jury would change their votes but I wonder how many of them would admit it. They come off as so bitter and proud of their statements they may regret admitting they were wrong.

    Come on people. Survivor isn't going to change up the format of the show just because Russell can't win with a jury of his peers. Why should they? The show is just fine like it is. It isn't the format that is the problem. Russell has no one to blame but himself. His gameplan is flawed.
    I don't think Survivor needs to change its format, because I don't see how they can. The jury will always be bitter on this show. And who plays a good game and why is technically all an opinion anyway, including to them. I'm glad Russell made it to the final 3 as I think he deserved it, just like last season. I'm content with Sandra winning as long as it wasn't Parvati. You win some, you lose some, but technically it's not like Russell is the only one who lost (taking a look at the cast as a whole, minus JT, Parvati, and Tom everyone else has lost 2 or 3 times now). He did something right to make it to the finals and judging from the show I don't think it was his just being unlikeable and a good end partner for that reason.

  10. #250
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I still don't and never will believe Sandra is as good as she thinks she is. Congrats to Russell for his fan vote win,again.

    Rob and Amber's daughter is a cutie!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.