+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 384

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #231
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    138

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Once again a bitter jury.

    Congrats to Survivor Jury on giving it to 2 useless people in a row. Absolutely hilarious that the last 2 winners are the most useless players. Sandra is probably the worst ever and gets strung along because she's useless (and for those that say that's a strategy, please).

    I would have been happy if Parv or Russell winning it. Having a whiny, slow, lazy player win it is crazy.

    I dont see ANY combination of players that would have had Russell winning it. If he kept Jerri instead of Parv or Sandra, she would have won.

  2. #232
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    So thrilled Sandra won. I would have been ok with Parvati winning, but happier with Sandra. And also thrilled Russell didn't get any votes. I thought he should have won last season, but this season I didn't want him to win at all. Not only did he not win but didn't come in 2nd place, so didn't get the $100,000 (for 2nd) either. Parvati did come in second, so she will at least get that amount.

    I think that Sandra plays a brilliant game. IMO she really understands the game. She played into Russell's ego when he was telling her she wouldn't get any votes. She agreed with him and said she would be happy with the $100,000. He thought that but she helped reinforce that idea that he should take her to the finals. The end vote wasn't going to be her it was between Jerri and Parvati. Parvati tried to tell Russell that Sandra might get votes and he wouldn't and couldn't admit that was true. When she voted Rupert off she said she was voting him off again and he would still vote for her to win in the end--and she was right.

    I believe that even though they knew that Parvati had won some key challenges the majority awarded Sandra the win for a couple of reasons, one being they recognized that she had tried to turn the game in their favor and they wouldn't listen to her. Another reason is they liked her better and in this game that's important, especially when sending a bunch of so-called heroes to the jury. Even though Parvati had the important HIIs Sandra also pulled one out. Even though she didn't actually need it to save her it's possible it helped garner her votes, just knowing she was playing the game.

    It's odd to me people calling Sandra a coat-tail rider because I think she may have been UTR but not a coat-tail player. She lost her alliance and still managed to get herself to the end. I believe some of the jury did see Parvati as riding Russell's coat-tails.

  3. #233
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    IMHO Watts, Megatron, northernviewer, and others who denounce Sandra's gameplayI don't think you really paid attention to the nuiances of Sandra's play both seasons. Parvati had strategy, but what hurt her was being tied to Russell.

    As far as Sandra, let's look at her first season (Pearl Islands) and here:

    Pearl Islands:
    1. In the first few minutes she showed how to trade a little for a lot. Her first season was the season where both tribes got a bag of coins to use to trade - along with any personal items they wanted to barter with - for supplies in a town.

      With a single gold choker, she got for her tribe a chicken dinner, aluminum foil, seasonings, utensils, cooking supplies, etc. She also made a few other decent barters.

      While the chicken had to be eaten that first night due to health reasons (it was cooked, and regardless they had no refrigeration), it gave them enough energy that with the supplies they got for shelter had a much more comfortable camp and that helped them dominate in challenges.
    2. She called out BS when needed, but not as much in public here as in this current season. She was the first to out Johnny Fairplay as a liar regarding his "dead" grandmother (at least to the cameras).
    3. She also would reason out her votes and vote for anyone as long as it wasn't her. To me, that flexibility did help her out, because there was I think one or two times she actually changed her mind, but the tribe thought it was another person voting for her.
    4. Weakness in challenges - with the exception of her final immunity challenge, I have to disagree here. She stayed in that one for a long time, even if she was the first one out there.
    5. When Rupert was blindsided, she dumped out the fish he caught as a punishment to the others for voting him out. That forced the others to work weakening them a bit in challenges. I do believe she kept or ate what she needed to prior to it.
    6. She made herself - appearance wise - look weaker and a shoo-in to lose in the final immunity. While it did help that Lillian was an outcast that was brought back in, she still concisely gave reasons why she should win over Lillian and won.


    This season:
    1. She tackled Sugar to the point that Sugar had to get out of her bra to win that round. She certainly wasn't weak - and that showed it.
    2. She once again called BS on someone by the way they acted - this case Russell. It helped her realize the threat he was to others, and herself.
    3. Given one, her weakness in other challenges - at least individual - made her appear less of a threat.
    4. She kept things to herself - this case the HII. Everyone else was doing the grandstanding of handing them over to others to show how great and wonderful they were - Sandra used it for herself. I know that sounds odd and "That's actually a weakness" - to me, it shows that she was a villain in a way and that Russell and Parvati did not have control of her. And, it showed smarts in that she didn't trust them either.
    5. She made a point to mention she was on the bottom of the totem pole on alliances and yet she still was staying in the game. For some this will read as coattails; however, she was in the MINORITY alliance on the Villain's tribe (Courtney being the last voted out of said alliance), and yet she survived several councils to end up in the final three. Jurors read defying these odds as a good gameplay that's under the normal wraps - or a modest to good UTR strategy.
    6. She was a winner, and Russell knew that so she let him think the combo of weakness and being a previous winner would be a benefit in the final two. It's also why Parvati was in the final three I believe - I think he truly felt they'd just hand him the win because both women were previous winners. Had this been any other all-star season, the Sandra and Parvati would've been jurors.
    7. She again gave a clear and precise point as to why she should win in final tribal council WITHOUT pissing off the jurors. Russell failed here because instead of doing insults in a flattering way like Rich Hatch did, he just was flat out rude.

    Yes, Sandra's gameplay is not seen in the same light as Russell's or Parvati's because of its lack of brashness, but she CERTAINLY didn't just ride on coattails nor just ease her way into a win either season. She did what worked for HER to win, and it paid off.

    Mind you, I wouldn't have been disappointed if Parvati won (Only Russell and Colby of the final five). I just do not feel that Sandra's game should be seen in an incomplete light.

  4. #234
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    138

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3905227;
    On the other hand Sandra threw Rusells hat into the fire because he acted like an utter and complete jacka## toward her for 39 straight days. Right or wrong, she didn't do it just for kicks and giggles. His behavior and attitude motived her. She certainly didn't throw anyone elses stuff into the fire at any time during her seasons on Survivor.
    And Sandra wasnt rude and annoying the entire time on that show? She was rude and arrogant the entire way.

    Russell's is just more magnified and up front.

  5. #235
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3905129;
    Sandra= The most pathetic winner ever!

    I'm happy that Russell won the $100,000 because so many people did not want him to win it. So Sandra there are more than 5 people (as you said) that support Russell. I think Parvati played the best this time around but Russell was a close second.
    I don't think Sandra will lose sleep over Russell `winning' 100,000 dollars and proving her `wrong.' She's too busy planning how she's going to spend her second million dollar check.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

  6. #236
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3905239;
    So thrilled Sandra won. I would have been ok with Parvati winning, but happier with Sandra. And also thrilled Russell didn't get any votes. I thought he should have won last season, but this season I didn't want him to win at all. Not only did he not win but didn't come in 2nd place, so didn't get the $100,000 (for 2nd) either. Parvati did come in second, so she will at least get that amount.
    My exact feelings to the T - was upset Russell lost last year, up until the reunion special, REALLY didn't feel he should've won this season. If anyone other than Sandra, Jerri or Parvati.

  7. #237
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,589

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Sandra winning is like someone who never had the highest GPA being anointed Valedictorian. There is a flaw in the game when you can win it all without winning even one challenge ever.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #238
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron;3905241;
    And Sandra wasnt rude and annoying the entire time on that show? She was rude and arrogant the entire way.

    Russell's is just more magnified and up front.
    Rude - Yes, Arrogant? - No. She called things like she saw them, and most of the time she was spot on.

    Huge difference.

  9. #239
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3905245;
    Sandra winning is like someone who never had the highest GPA being anointed Valedictorian. There is a flaw in the game when you can win it all without winning even one challenge ever.
    Actually that's not true - she was part of a couple of team immunity challenge wins.

    To be fair - there are very few if any Survivors that have had a season where their team lost every single challenge. Stephanie may be the only one who fell victim that in her first season, but I am not sure as I did not get to watch that entire season.

    Individual can be debated (I need to see if there are other winners - and I think there may be one), but as far as ZERO challenges in a season (which I read as "one challenge ever"), this logic does not compute.

  10. #240
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783

    Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    If all the Heroes voted Sandra and all the Villains voted Parvati with Courtney the odd person out, then Sandra owes the Heroes for her victory as it's the Heroes with their numbers that ultimately determined the winner.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.