+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Let me echo the people saying strength and challenges mean jack crap in this game. Someone has just won twice without every winning an immunity, or a reward if I recall correctly. Also only ever had one vote cast against her that officially counted (tonight, Colby's). If strength and power won this game, they should have shut it down after Terry played in Panama. We all know where that got Terry. A one way trip to the jury in his waaaaaahmbulance
    Last edited by MikeGH; 05-17-2010 at 12:05 AM.

FORT Regular

Now see, I've missed two seasons, FvF and Africa, and yet I clearly don't get Survivor if Russel is considered one of the best players ever. I just don't see it. He's good at being mean bullying people, but he is not good at playing the game...he doesn't win any challenges for those who value that, he has no social game for those who value that, he only manages to pull off one of the three parts of this game. Knowing how to play 1/3 of the game just doesn't equate to being one of the best players ever....but clearly I don't understand this game.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I have to wait until tomorrow to see all this drama. My cable system dropped CBS feeds right in the middle of the first TC. ARGHH!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3905170;
    He was kidding about changing the rules.

But the thing is that he makes the game so much more entertaining. It would have been boring without him this season. And, personally, I find Sandra more mean-spirited than Russell. I mean, she burnt his hat for no reason. At least with Russell there was some semblance of strategy behind his burning of Jaison's socks, but with Sandra it was just out of spite. Sandra shouldn't really have won- Parvati at least made some strategic moves in the game.
    Ah, but Russell poured out water from canteens and burned his tribemates' socks during the first Samoa season he was in. And, it did affect his tribe and pretty much dehydrated them, leaving them vulnerable in challenges and probably why they had the long string of losses.

From the sound of things too, Sandra burned it to knock Russell down a few pegs going into final tribal council and mess with his mind a bit.

I don't condone either, but I do find it funny that both did the same thing - burn stuff that didn't belong to them.

It's a shame Pavarti didn't win anything for her epic two-idol play. Like a Survivor Kodak Moment or Play of The Season.

Sandra was a bit defensive about her epicness. I am the Queen. This is my tiara. You are my subjects. Long live the queen!

The final challenge was a classic. I was on the edge of my seat. I thought Russell was going to lose it at the last second.

I was impressed during the final tribal and at the reunion with how well Candice spoke. She was much more articulate than she had been.

James was surprisingly recalcitrant.
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 05-17-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3905174;
    Now see, I've missed two seasons, FvF and Africa, and yet I clearly don't get Survivor if Russel is considered one of the best players ever. I just don't see it. He's good at being mean bullying people, but he is not good at playing the game...he doesn't win any challenges for those who value that, he has no social game for those who value that, he only manages to pull off one of the three parts of this game. Knowing how to play 1/3 of the game just doesn't equate to being one of the best players ever....but clearly I don't understand this game.
    The award is for America's Favorite, not the best player ever. America likes Russell, faults and all.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3905186;
    The award is for America's Favorite, not the best player ever. America likes Russell, faults and all.

I wasn't referring to America's vote. I was referring to the people on here and other boards who keep insisting he is the best or one of the best players ever.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3905174;
    But does anyone ever get all 3 equations? It's either you're a really good social player and make friends or are able to backstab, manipulate, strategize, make and burn alliances, and not tick a whole bunch of people off in the process (which i personally think is impossible). I don't know if anyone, except Tom, has been a challenge monster and won this game, but his was an odd season anyway. Nowadays it's more being the social butterfly and not ticking people off. I'd grow bored with this game if it was all about someone lucking out in the end and winning because the jury hated the other people more. I doubt the jury really weighs all 3 as well.

In terms of game play, I do think it came down to the right 3 people. All 3 played a good game, and all 3 had different strategies and tricks of going about it. Personally, I could care less if anyone dominates challenges or not.

I adore Russel because he plays the game how it should be with cunning.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3905179;
    Ah, but Russell poured out water from canteens and burned his tribemates' socks during the first Samoa season he was in. And, it did affect his tribe and pretty much dehydrated them, leaving them vulnerable in challenges and probably why they had the long string of losses.

From the sound of things too, Sandra burned it to knock Russell down a few pegs going into final tribal council and mess with his mind a bit.

I don't condone either, but I do find it funny that both did the same thing - burn stuff that didn't belong to them.
    "At least with Russell there was some semblance of strategy behind his burning of Jaison's socks, but with Sandra it was just out of spite." I don't really think Sandra was thinking of messing with his mind when she did that.

+ Reply to Thread