+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3903136;
    She is just flat out smart. She's been reviled over the seasons for using her "hotness" (hate that description of anyone) - but there have been "hotter" women on the show, for being manipulative - but there have been more manipulative (Cirie was a master at manipulation), for being flirtatious - but there are so many women who have been or tried to be equally flirtatious. Parvati is ahead of them all because she is smart, she can reason, and she can see the long game.
    Well, I think all the women who go on this show with their overly inflated, fake boo*s should take a lesson from Parvatti.
    She has the figure of an adolescent boy; yet she exudes sexuality.
    You really have to give her credit when it comes to playing this game.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #112
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    104

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I don't get it as to why some people think Parvati is smug. I don't see that at all. She seems to play this game with joy and fun, and I love that about her. I also love that she's smart, and good at physical challenges as well, and those things are what have gotten her so far. I am rooting for her to win!

    If not Parvati, then I want Sandra to win. I think Sandra is a lot smarter than people realize, and I actually like her brutal honesty, espec. towards Russell.
    Last edited by dippitydoo; 05-14-2010 at 08:26 PM.

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,956

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3903389;
    I don't get it as to why some people think Parvati is smug. I don't see that at all. She seems to play this game with joy and fun, and I love that about her. I also love that she's smart, and good at physical challenges as well, and those things are what have gotten her so far. I am rooting for her to win!

    If not Parvati, then I want Sandra to win. I think Sandra is a lot smarter than people realize, and I actually like her brutal honesty, espec. towards Russell.
    I don't speak for others, but to me her Smug is the "You think you've got me fooled Russell/heroes/etc." such as the whole bit with the two idols. While I do think she has her moments, like most do, it's nothing like Russell who acts that way all the time IMHO, acting like he's the best and all, but we've seen time and time again the "sole survivor" is being beaten at his own game.

  4. #114
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,106

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3903389;
    I don't get it as to why some people think Parvati is smug. I don't see that at all. She seems to play this game with joy and fun, and I love that about her. I also love that she's smart, and good at physical challenges as well, and those things are what have gotten her so far. I am rooting for her to win!

    If not Parvati, then I want Sandra to win. I think Sandra is a lot smarter than people realize, and I actually like her brutal honesty, espec. towards Russell.
    From the Free Online Dictionary:

    smug: Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent: "the smug look of a toad ..."

    All they need to do is attach Parvati's picture.


    I don't get smug at all from Russell. I get scrambling to keep his a$$ in the game. No self-righteous complacency.


    Sandra? Can't be bothered with such things.


    Jerri & Colby? Struggling just to be remembered.

    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  5. #115
    FORT Fanatic dantrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    622

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3903448;
    From the Free Online Dictionary:

    smug: Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent: "the smug look of a toad ..."

    All they need to do is attach Parvati's picture.


    I don't get smug at all from Russell. I get scrambling to keep his a$$ in the game. No self-righteous complacency.

    Sorry, check the new edition of the dictionary. Parv's picture was replaced with Russell's

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,106

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3903462;
    Sorry, check the new edition of the dictionary. Parv's picture was replaced with Russell's
    Nah, there's no self-righteous complacency with Russell. He's keeping himself up at night trying to come up with some new strategy to keep himself alive.
    Parvati is the one sleeping soundly in the shelter without a care in the world, Queen of all she surveys.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 05-14-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  7. #117
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    104

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3903448;
    From the Free Online Dictionary:

    smug: Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent: "the smug look of a toad ..."

    All they need to do is attach Parvati's picture.

    I know what the definition of smug is. I do not see Parvati as smug. Gleeful, but not smug.
    I think some people have other issues with Parvati, like others have with Russell, and look for things to pick at, even when they're really not there.

  8. #118
    FORT Fanatic dantrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    622

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3903484;
    I know what the definition of smug is. I do not see Parvati as smug. Gleeful, but not smug.
    I think some people have other issues with Parvati, like others have with Russell, and look for things to pick at, even when they're really not there.
    I have to agree with you. We pick and choose as we see fit. Russell is a smug twit no matter how other people try to sell it to me that it's just him "strategizing." I believe it was his smug self that lost him the game the last time around

  9. #119
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Russell crossed over from smug to flat out arrogant when he first came on our TV screens.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #120
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I don't see Pav as smug. She's someone who can take what thrown at her in the game and deal with it without total meltdowns and threats ala Russ. She's not an emotional or paranoid player like Russ is. I don't see Russ as smug so much as controlling and sexist.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.