+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A twist for a future Survivor?

FORT Regular

A twist for a future Survivor?

I wonder if anyone has ever suggested a diabolical adaptation for a future Survivor: Suppose the players arrive in pairs of pre-existing relationships, like Amazing Race: married couples, parent-child, two siblings, work buddies, etc. Then the duos are divided into opposing teams: For each player's team to get ahead, the team with his/her wife/husband, brother/sister etc. has to fail. One partner wouldn't know whether the other partner was voted out at tribal council until he saw the team at the next challenge. After the merge, everybody would compete for individual immunity and to avoid having their own torches snuffed. Odds are that some duos would probably survive past the merge, then the partners would be pitted against each other. Imagine Rob and Amber starting on different teams, surviving the merge then competing against each other. Or maybe somebody would sacrifice himself so his/her partner could go further. Maybe a final twist could be some mechanism -- maybe a special pairs challenge -- that would require the finalists to be from different pairs, so one pair couldn't share the big prize. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by fan999; 05-08-2010 at 12:47 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: A twist for a future Survivor?

I like it....but you'd have to have some mechanism after the merge to keep people from just pairing right up again...the way Rob and Amber did after the merge on the previous AS season. Although if people were smart they'd immediately vote out half of any surviving couples....whichever half didn't have immunity. Reminds me of The Biggest Loser though, in which that scenario has been done several times....although the teams are not nearly so separated. The teams do indeed really quickly reunite after the merge.

Jenna M had a good idea (imo) for an old school players vs new school players. It also been thrown around here and elsewhere, a second chance survivor...with people who got booted first or second on their season...
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3901429;
    Jenna M had a good idea (imo) for an old school players vs new school players. It also been thrown around here and elsewhere, a second chance survivor...with people who got booted first or second on their season...
    I really love the bolded idea. That would awesome.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

+ Reply to Thread