+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes that should have been Villains; Villains that should have been Heroes

Heroes that should have been Villains; Villains that should have been Heroes

Not sure if this topic was ever brought up but definitely should have been. When the cast was first announced I thought there was some GLARINGLY wrong choices on which members should have been actually Villians and which should have been actually Heroes. I think they got it about 80% right, but for the other 20%, definitely not. What do you think?

Cirie -- Definitely Villian and definitely NOT a hero. She more or less said as much herself.

Coach -- Hero, not a Villian.

Sandra -- Little of both, but IMO more hero than Villian.

Amanda --Definitely a villian, maybe the biggest liar there is, other than Russ.

Candice -- Definitely super hot and I love her to death for being so hot, but not a hero or villian too boring, definitely should not have been on this season. Shane and I can think of about 10 others more deserving.

Danielle -- Same as Candice although not as hot.

Parv-- Excellent choice, excellent she villian.

Russ- No brainer, best villian of all time.

Rupert -- Got that right, he's a hero to the core.

Colby-- Probably a hero, but too boring IMO.

Courtney--- Probably a pretty good Villlian. Great personality, love her to death, would be very hot if she gained a little weight.

Randy--Good choice, good Villian.

Johnny Fairplay--2nd best villian next to Russ, can't imagine why he wasn't chosen except for the fact that Jeff P hates his guts.

I'm leaving a few out, but please discuss.

Re: Heroes that should have been Villains; Villains that should have been Heroes

Cirie being cast as a hero was the most glaring mistake of all IMO. I get why they would consider her a hero, but really, the woman has played so many people so well that she was pure villian material. Her reputation was so huge, however, that I can't imagine any tribe being stupid enough to keep her around too long. I think she would have done better with the villian tribe, only because there are some there who would embrace her dark side more than they would fear it initially.

Colby is dead weight. They could have cast a brick with more personality than that man.

Coach is a hero in his own mind, which is why they cast him as a villian. They were looking for tv gold when mixing Mr. "way of the warrior" with the sludge of Survivor history. He didn't belong on either tribe, but if they were casting roles they should have put him on the hero tribe.

Sandra is def. more villian than hero, just not the type of villian that you're praying is booted every week because everything they say or do is dripping in evil and narcissism.

Amanda was on the correct tribe-too soft for villian status. Had she done what she had to do to get that clue last week perhaps she could have made an argument for herself that she could make a half decent villian.

Rupert,Randy,Russell,Parvarti, Tom, Steph, JT,Courtney-I can live with their castings, though with a couple of them you can argue they lean toward the dark side at times.

Would have loved the return of Shane and his "rockberry", especially if he was going through the smoking withdrawal again (sorry, but do you think he really would have brought the crazy the way he did without that factoring in?)

Fairplay can likely forget ever returning to Survivor. Probst hates the guy and he checked out last time so that pretty much put the nail in his coffin. Was it the final nail? I sure hope so.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-07-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Heroes that should have been Villains; Villains that should have been Heroes

I don't know if anyone but Tom qualifies as a hero. Colby's so wishy-washy. The rest either turned in their hero status this season or shouldn't have been cast in the first place (Candice, Amanda, James?)

I think it's harder to find someone who fits the definition of hero for this show. It looks more like a cast of producers pets and ultimate favorites in their own minds.

Villains they did good on, except Danielle, as I can't think of why she was cast either way. Her original season I don't think she did anything that was remotely memorable, besides finishing in second and getting kicked while she was down by Probst at the reunion show. EI's Courtney might have been a better pick. Russell, Coach, Tyson, Boston Rob, Randy, Jerri, Courtney, Parvati, Sandra-all a little devious, unlikeable, or the contestants you love to hate because they're sneaky and a bunch of snakes, and play the game by backstabbing and manipulating.

With that criteria I probably would have put Cirie on the villains side, but I guess because she was such a fan favorite they probably figured she was a hero. I guess the rest of the heros probably fit that definition, general fan favorites, didn't do anything too offensive their first time (if anything), played a softer game (except Cirie), and any move they did make was cheered by fans. So I think the tribe make ups were correct, given the circumstances, even if I think some of the casting was way off. I, too, would have loved to have seen Shane again. Hopefully he gets a shot next time.

Based on the cast this season only (I could go on and on with the what-ifs with say Johnny Fairplay, Rich and Shane):

Heroes - pretty much right on the money. I do question Cirie, who has admitted that she felt she was on the wrong team; and Sugar, who really has a lot of sass in her character that made her hero casting odd. That said, I can see her being cast as such giving Bob the chance to play for the final three spot, pretty much (I feel) costing her the game.

Villains - based mostly on past experience, they also got most of these right. Sandra I question because I truly feel she's trying to hard to be a villain than really villain. She really only got cast in the role I think because of the fish dumping incident after Pearl Islands and pretty much badmouthing (though I'd have to agree with her there) people like Fairplay and the like.

I actually would've called her a hero because with a simple gold choker - just the one necklace, when they did the trading/bartering/buying supplies (which I loved the idea - make your own destiny), she was able to get for her tribe a chicken dinner (which while they had to eat it that day due to spoilage potential), cooking supplies, spices, foil and a couple of other things that really helped them in the comfort and energy side that led her team winning so many challenges in the start.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The one that I find most intriguing is Jerri because she really has turned around her attitude. This is the first time I've really enjoyed watching her in anything.

Rob I have to admit I liked in a couple of other things he's done, and he was good in Marquesas that I felt he should've at least made jury (he was out at 10, and at the time only top 9 were on jury and final two).

Both still villains as far as game, but I think they're going to be a couple who realize the difference between game and real life.

And of course, you have some who are heroes who checked their brains in at the door and some villains who would make Narcissus look like a man abashed at his appearance (and we know how vain he was in mythology. ).

Yeah I definitely agree Sugar should have been a villain, for her sabotoging Randy in her season. Don't see how she could have gotten the hero designation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896602;
    Johnny Fairplay--2nd best villian next to Russ, can't imagine why he wasn't chosen except for the fact that Jeff P hates his guts.
    Don't forget that he virtually quit the game in the first three days the last time he was on. Oh, and Jeff probst hates his guts.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Yeah that's weird to me, Jeff LOVES the ground that Russell walks on, but hates Fairplay, weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3898850;
    Yeah that's weird to me, Jeff LOVES the ground that Russell walks on, but hates Fairplay, weird to me.
    Well, Russell can actually play the game, and wasn't a complete moron to Jeff at the Survivor afterparty (which is why Jeff hates Fairplay so much).

Cirie & James should have been villians, Coach should have been a hero IMO.

I have to agree with most of the people who were chosen as villains, but I'd also lump Cirie in there because she may be nice, but she's strategic. I think a lot of it had to do with reputation because she is one of the most-loved players. Ditto on James, who was loved (I don't know if it will stay this way).

With Jerri, there's no question that she belonged on the Villains tribe, even if she has grown up or whatever. To me, Steph was a wild card because she was the hero in Palau, but I saw her as villain in Guatemala.

I think that honestly, though, better casting could have been done on both sides. I'd have gotten rid of James and put in Yau Man, for example.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast