+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

I like Russell. I think he plays a good game, he just doesn't think of the end result very well. Juries on this show have and always will be bitter, and they don't get much worse than a jury full of all-stars (and especially one that had a tribe of heros with over inflated egos). He has a good gameplay and concept of the game, he just doesn't go about executing it very well. I think in his mind, showing you're the real mastermind behind big moves and being upfront that you're calling the shots is going to get people to vote for you based on gameplay. His general attitude and need for control cloud his judgement.

This season, I think the villains for the most part succeeded and why they're in front of the heros is because they're making moves and playing the game. It's not all about making friends and being nice. Russell probably put the nail in his coffin and, if he really stood any chance of winning in the first place, blew that with voting off Danielle last night.

Russell had some brilliant moves in the game but his attitude after the moves is what puts people off. Making it to the end is one part of the game but getting enough jury votes to win is a crucial part that Russell seems to ignore. Like his first season nobody thought Natalie was worthy of winning but they were so angry at Russell they voted against him. He can't claim the title as "best player to play the game" if he can't close the deal in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3896727;
    I like Russell. I think he plays a good game, he just doesn't think of the end result very well. Juries on this show have and always will be bitter, and they don't get much worse than a jury full of all-stars (and especially one that had a tribe of heros with over inflated egos). He has a good gameplay and concept of the game, he just doesn't go about executing it very well. I think in his mind, showing you're the real mastermind behind big moves and being upfront that you're calling the shots is going to get people to vote for you based on gameplay. His general attitude and need for control cloud his judgement.

This season, I think the villains for the most part succeeded and why they're in front of the heros is because they're making moves and playing the game. It's not all about making friends and being nice. Russell probably put the nail in his coffin and, if he really stood any chance of winning in the first place, blew that with voting off Danielle last night.
    Russell doesn't know the meaning of the word subtle. One of the meanings I read in the dictionary was "hardly noticeable". His need to always take credit for his big moves and letting everyone know that he is calling the shots is what I would refer to as "rubbing it in your face". He is downright mean and nasty.

No one responds well to that kind of treatment, and this just goes to show you why Russell will never "outwit" the jury members. They may have fallen victim to one of Russell's big moves, but they have his number. And it is a BIG ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896364;
    His Kamikazi, slash and burn strategy ain't going to cut it with this crowd, I just don't see it being possible for him to win.
    Awwww crap! Does this mean that I must now relent my screen name to Russell?

Well, he's definitely earned it!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

What I don't understand is, why didn't Russell get rid of Parvati the other night? She's a stronger player than Danielle and will probably now go off and align with Sandra maybe Rupert and Colby. Danielle was obviously in a weak position and would be more likely to cling to Russell the way he said Parvati would...

Russell will never win the jury votes no matter who he is up against. Actually, he is not that smart just lucky he is up against so many dumb people. Parvati is perhaps the smartest player this season. Everyone considered Rob smart but without Amber he is dumb as a rock. Rob is physically able to compete better than most but sadly lacking in brains. Sandra and Amber are two of a kind, neither carries their load but out thinks everyone else. I would have liked to see Tom or Cheri win this. I have always liked Colby and JC but Colby seemed to lose interest too early. JC is another great player at physical challenges (like Rob) but no brains. Parvati has out played everyone and deserves to win. I doubt the jury will see it that way.

FORT Fanatic

Whatever the fans think of Russel, few can argue that he has, in the past two seasons, made the show so much more entertaining. he is the consumate arrogant jerk. Only with Russel, you not only get arrogance, you also get the "na, na, na, nnnn boo boo" after he is done ripping your gameplay apart. Maybe it is just my wierd persoanlity, but I would rather lose to Russel and be mocked on my way out than fake hugged and told that they were sorry.
    Would I vote for Russel after he chews me up and spit me out? YES.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3897108;
    Whatever the fans think of Russel, few can argue that he has, in the past two seasons, made the show so much more entertaining. he is the consumate arrogant jerk. Only with Russel, you not only get arrogance, you also get the "na, na, na, nnnn boo boo" after he is done ripping your gameplay apart. Maybe it is just my wierd persoanlity, but I would rather lose to Russel and be mocked on my way out than fake hugged and told that they were sorry.
    Would I vote for Russel after he chews me up and spit me out? YES.
    I enjoyed the Russell Show last season but I'm bored (well not so much with the last two episodes) since it was a rerun of "Im the king, I'm the best, blah blah blah)

I would never vote for someone who makes the game personal.
    Calling someone dumb and attacking you as person is different than attacking you as a player and your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3897139;
    I enjoyed the Russell Show last season but I'm bored (well not so much with the last two episodes) since it was a rerun of "Im the king, I'm the best, blah blah blah)

I would never vote for someone who makes the game personal.
    Calling someone dumb and attacking you as person is different than attacking you as a player and your gameplay.
    Russell's control has definitely slipped, and he's letting his paranoia take over. His response to Parvati when she said she wanted to talk to Danielle just reeked of desperation. He's not so smug now, more like he's so on edge that he's losing his grip.

I don't think he liked Rupert's calm attack on him one bit, and then his responses failed to rile Rupert up which must have made Russell even angrier. The attempt next week to partner up with Rupert and Colby will be laughable, since it's clear he despises them and they despise him. His earnest "we'll take it to the final 3!" will come across like the desperation it is.

Russ's ego and need to control will once again do him in. He makes too many unnecessary moves along with too many fake alliances and promises. That play isn't respected. Taking Dani out was the wrong move and the only thing he succeeded in was putting another vote for someone else in the jury. His paranoia and panic are at a high and he is crumbling at the seams. I would want him with me in F3 at this point because he is the easiest to beat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast