+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Re: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Russell seems to relish being a Villain, I don't think his ego would allow him to say he was "just playing" one. He loves playing like he does and I don't see him making any apologies for it. But he's pissed off way too many people with his gameplay. He could appeal to the jury with a great big apologetic smile, holding puppies and kittens and pictures of his kids, rainbows shooting out his ears, but they wouldn't buy it for a second. These aren't the dumbasses he played with last season. He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, especially against Parvati.

ETA: I love the donuts comment, Mar!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I would actually like to see Russell win, especially if its between him and a past winner. But like most of you, just can't see any realistic scenario.

BTW I am not sure he was telling the truth about him making "1.7 million dollars last year" as he said in last season. I heard he lives in a mobile home. But not sure if what I have seen about him is true. I saw where someone tried to do some research on him and couldn't find a business entity tied to him or something, which would be the case if he had a million dollar business.

But Russell WILL make a million in the future, playing up his villian persona. ANy other reality tv show that needs a famous villian will be beating his door down to be on their show. I see him being on a bunch of shows in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3896378;
    I'm going to go ahead and assume he gets to the final with Parvati and Sandra.
    I think those two women will now form a tight bond and if there's anyway they can sit in the final three with Russell they would be fools not to drag him along and neither woman has shown herself to be one.

I don't see any angle he can take with the jury that'll persuade anyone to vote for him.
    He's quite obviously everything he's shown himself to be, imo this is no act.
    I'm no great fan of Rupert (although that trick with the rock in his pocket was great) but there was no need for him to sit firing insults at Rupert last night.
    When you're in a power position what possible good does it do you to gloat?
    Russell just doesn't seem to understand that.

This isn't a foot race.
    The competition isn't over once you take your seat in front of the jury. You could even argue that that's when the difficult part really starts.

Even if it's a final two with him and Parvati I still don't see him getting the votes to win.
    Throw Sandra into the mix and I see him struggling to get any votes at all.

Of course you have to make it to the end in order to even be in a position to win and some of the moves Russell has made have been necessary to keep him in the game.
    I don't see how the jury can fail to take issue with the way he's carried himself during the game though.
    The arrogance and nastiness is so OTT that I think he loses the votes of Rupert, Colby and Coach simply because they'll take exception to the way he's treated people.
    Nothing he's done is against the rules, but that doesn't mean he's always played a shrewd game.
    I agree with you that we are seeing the REAL Russell, and this is no act. This is truly who he is in real life. The arrogance and nastiness of his gameplay is off the charts. Him gloating and rubbing it into their faces only makes him look worse. He does not stand a chance of winning the votes of the jury. Their hatred of him is justified. No one likes a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896409;
    BTW I am not sure he was telling the truth about him making "1.7 million dollars last year" as he said in last season. I heard he lives in a mobile home. But not sure if what I have seen about him is true. I saw where someone tried to do some research on him and couldn't find a business entity tied to him or something, which would be the case if he had a million dollar business.
    It's the family business. I don't know how much of it he sees himself.

FORT Newbie

I agree. Last season's jury was heavily criticized for not rewarding Russell's strong play, though I thought his arrogance was too obvious.

This season, he apparently has avoided one big mistake from last season, namely gabbing about how much money he makes in his job.

The problem for him now is that Parvati has played probably an even stronger game, and Sandra has been coming on strong. It's difficult to see him winning against either of them. So he needs to play for a final against Jerri and Colby (I don't think there will be just a final two because there would be an even number of jurors).

Yes I heard this too, his dad owns the business or something. Oil tanker business, or oil transport, something like that. Also clearing 1.7 million and making 1.7 million in profit is something entirely different. A tanker business would have HUGE expenses in the operation of large ships, but I have never managed to get any definitive answers on his real background and what really goes on with his business life, although he supposedly also owns a bar in Louisiana where he got arrested the other day for throwing some chick to the ground or something, which he denies.

I would be really interested in finding the truth out about Russell, I really do like him ( as a villian that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by rjstf;3896422;

This season, he apparently has avoided one big mistake from last season, namely gabbing about how much money he makes in his job.
    Agreed, but I think he made an even bigger one in not capitalising on the fact no one got to see his gameplay last season before this season started.

I don't have a problem with that and think it was fair to give him that advantage as he wasn't playing with anyone he'd played with before and also hadn't had the chance to bond with players from other seasons outside of the game.

He could have completely reinvented his gameplan to take account of the jury after what happened in his first season, but I think he was too busy condemning that jury as bitter losers to think he might be able to learn from what transpired with the vote.
    Again, arrogance on his part.
    I have to say, I don't disagree with his opinion of his first jury, but I know I'd have at least tried not to completely alienate the people who'd hopefully get the chance to vote for me this time.
    If he walks away with enough votes to wn this time, or without any at all, I know I won't be dismissing the result as the work of a bitter jury.
    There are better reasons not to vote for him this time than there were last, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3896432;
    I think he was too busy condemning that jury as bitter losers to think he might be able to learn from what transpired with the vote.
    But he didn't know the outcome of Samoa. He may well have thought he had won and therefore should stick with his winning gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3896435;
    But he didn't know the outcome of Samoa. He may well have thought he had won and therefore should stick with his winning gameplay.
    Yes, good point.
    I would have thought he would have been able to tell things didn't go great from the jury's response to him, but this is Russell we're talking about.
    He's rather hard-headed and his arrogance probably did lead him to believe he'd won.
    I can't even say I'd argue with him on that score because I didn't see how they could possibly vote for either of the other two to win.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

OK, I know Russell is a bad boy, but I have surely enjoyed him this season. Kinda dumb that he lays all his cards on the table and stabs everyone while he's still grinning...but, hey, he's now about as popular as Jonny Fairplay! I was so glad they didn't allow Fairplay back to play a villain. What a dweeb!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast