+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Watching the voting confessionals in the insider videos--it shows Sandra did not entirely play Russell in that Russell addresses that he was throwing away his vote to Coach (presumably to get his jury vote). It also suggests that Parvati and Danielle had more to do with Coach's boot than shown.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3873359;
    Getting rid of the only male who can win challenges was kind of dumb but Russell has never been the smartest tool in the shed.
    Russell's game strategy has never really circled around winning challenges. On occasion, quite the opposite, in fact. And it got him to the finals at least once (even if his half assed socializing ensured he'd lose that).

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;3873371;
    The Game is not about winning Challenges.
    Yeah, but people conveniently forget that if it makes it easier to "pan" a player they don't like.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well the editing sure made it look like Courtney was going home but Parvati and, of all people, Danielle voted for Coach instead of Courtney. I'm confused. Does that mean Parvati has taken control and that she convinced Danielle that it's better to vote off Coach even though keeping Courtney weakens the tribe further thus going against Russell's wishes and Danielle's original plan?

The voting switched....Russell was supposed to vote off Coach while Danielle was supposed to vote off Courtney while the swing vote was Parvati.

Well that is the three males that could have helped the tribe stay strong and keep winning voted off in a row. Not good.
    Not as much fun watching the show with Rob, I'm hoping for Colby to pull through and impress me. It would be great if him and Jerri could
    form an alliance and do some damage against Parvati and Russell.
    Plus it looks like Jerri is really feeling the effects of voting out Rob. Good on her for being dumb in the first place.

Sandra really found Russell's "Achilles Heel". He can be manipulated if he thinks someone has turned against him. His own paranoia will do him in, I think. There are women playing against him that are not "dummies", and to his credit he has kept his mouth shut about that for the most part this time. His own ego has grown too large, and he runs his mouth too much.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3873480;
    Sandra really found Russell's "Achilles Heel". He can be manipulated if he thinks someone has turned against him. His own paranoia will do him in, I think. There are women playing against him that are not "dummies", and to his credit he has kept his mouth shut about that for the most part this time. His own ego has grown too large, and he runs his mouth too much.
    I think there has to be some willingness to admit that while it is entirely true that Russell has this weakness (and at least one other, sine Parvati is manipulating him as well, far more subtly), at the same time that doesn't automatically ensure his failure. Hatred of Russell by the viewers who are repulsed by him--to the level that they want him gone no matter what--won't change that.

Seeing this crack in his strategy seems to fill people with glee, but they seem to forget that the game isn't that straightforward. There's a lot of luck. There's a lot of sudden opportunities which can boost one player over another. There are a lot of situations where what benefits one person in one way (in this case Sandra) stands a chance of also benefiting their enemy in another (which, since Coach really WAS virtually at the point of turning on Russell, that may be the first way, and if the fates are with Russell he may also be right about how this appears to the other tribe.

In other words, its all too simple to leave this with "Gotcha you little Troll, you're going down now because Sandra has got your number!" She may indeed. But it may not be enough.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3873480;
    I said this over at CBS and I'll say it here. Don't give Sandra too much credit for it. Right after planting a Russell Seed in Russell's head he had a pow-wow with Parvati. They discussed the fact that getting rid of Coach would really cement the idea in the Heroes' minds that it is an All Girl Alliance at the villain camp. So there are more reasons to it than just Sandra. Plus in extra clips Parvati speaks for about a minute about how much Coach creeps her out and how bad she wants him gone.

It looks like the Parvati/Russell seed that Rupert planted in the Heroes tribe may even convince JT to give Russell an HII! I'd say that Sandra is being played by P/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3873363;
    Bug... The producer no longer works for Survivor. He only did a couple of seasons...

Edited to add a link to news article...

TV producer a person of interest in wife’s death - REALITY TV- msnbc.com
    That's good to know. Thanks Bonbonlover!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3873532;
    I said this over at CBS and I'll say it here. Don't give Sandra too much credit for it. Right after planting a Russell Seed in Russell's head he had a pow-wow with Parvati. They discussed the fact that getting rid of Coach would really cement the idea in the Heroes' minds that it is an All Girl Alliance at the villain camp. So there are more reasons to it than just Sandra. Plus in extra clips Parvati speaks for about a minute about how much Coach creeps her out and how bad she wants him gone.
    Thanks. I guess it's settled that Russell hasn't been the master mind of Tyson and Rob outing either since on CBS videos and later interviews we heard the real reasons why it happened how it did.

I'm full of glee that now we know we shouldn't be giving too much credit to Russell's lucky strikes just base on the editing

Editing told us that Russell, Parvati and Danielle decided that they will vote off Courtney instead of Coach. But at tribal council we saw them voting the other way except for Russell. Does that mean that they did a last minute switch which they didn't show us? Does that also mean that Russell, to get Coach's jury vote, threw away a vote to Courtney knowing that Coach was going home anyway?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast