+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

Re: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

I'm on board for voting for Rob as well. The fact that he should still be there is just breaking my heart now to watch the rest of the season. I'm glad to see he is still pretty fun. Is the voting already open?

Rob doesn't need the vote... besides him having a millionaire wife, he has cleaned up with his Survivor fame and he is laughing all the way to the bank. As far as game play though, he finally got treated the way he treats others. No big deal, but he lost big this time... no way he deserves being called "the best player"... I mean puh-leeze... he got played... game over.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3873522;
    Rob doesn't need the vote... besides him having a millionaire wife, he has cleaned up with his Survivor fame and he is laughing all the way to the bank. As far as game play though, he finally got treated the way he treats others. No big deal, but he lost big this time... no way he deserves being called "the best player"... I mean puh-leeze... he got played... game over.
    I trust you aren't implying Russell "needs" it either...after all, he's told us he's a millionaire, right?
    If I were voting to give it to the person who would make best use of it I'd give it to Rupert who at least is still actively involved in his charity.
    But I'll give it to the person I think was the best player---overall, in all aspects of the game, and I'm not making up my mind yet... the season ain't over 'til it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3873684;
    I trust you aren't implying Russell "needs" it either...after all, he's told us he's a millionaire, right?
    I didn't say Russell needed it, I don't know where you got that.

However, Russell may actually deserve to be voted "best player" unless a better player steps up and makes a move.

Rob is/was not the "best player" and IMO it would be wrong to give the "best player" award to someone who got "played" so thoroughly. (i.e. he had his "Lying & Backstabbing" game turned around on him).

He was also the sorest loser we have seen so far in his exit. He pouted up like a child and resorted to insults. He bragged in confessional that he could manipulate Coach into doing what he wants. Then, when he found out his manipulations didn't work, he blamed Coach for being "weak" or "small". Who was the smaller man in that scenario?

He is a bully just like Russell. But his game is over.

Sore loser? I didn't see it that way, but of course I'm a fan of his so I'm sure those who dislike him see things differently. His interviews after the fact have been far from bitter, he's pragmatic about his being voted out, and comes across, to me, as a fan of the game first and foremost, and somewhat amused that he did indeed get played. Jerry voted for him, and yet he gave her a hug on the way out. He himself told her to vote in her own best interest, and seems to hold no grudges towards her at all. He didn't bully Jerry into voting with him, he didn't try to push her at all actually. In fact, he played a much mellower game this time around, and I don't really recall seeing him lying and backstabbing anyone. Now if we're going to colour each player with their past history in this game, then yes, he's had his fair share of dirty play and while I loved him despite of it (or perhaps in a way for it) I know many others despise him. What has made me happy this go-around is how many people I've seen who hated him before say they liked him a lot this time around, and were actually rooting for him.

Well it would be boring if we all had the same opinions That was a great post because you made me realize something I totally discounted. The game is not over for Rob, they are allowed to still campaign for this prize. I see that there is another "game within the game".

I couldn't wrap my head around how Rob could be the popular choice for this prize because I have just been watching the show. All I had to go on was his constant condescending and underestimating of Russell (i.e. "Welcome to the big leagues" & stuff like that), which led to him being eliminated. And then the way JT kicked his butt in the puzzle, which is his strength (?), just says to me that there are a lot of better players still in the game that deserve "best player". And maybe that title is still to be determined?

But now I see... if you watch all the behind the scenes stuff, then the game is more personalized, definitely different, and I can see how Rob could win. Color me enlightened

FORT Newbie

Rob played horribly. He had a clear advantage and somehow stuffed that up. If he's the 'fan favourite' then the fans obviously have no intelligence what-so-ever.

Kiriakoz just a friendly suggestion to read the FAQ about keeping comments directed at the show rather than fellow posters.

Fantastic article, what a difference a decade makes. I loathed Rob in his first season, and I've come to admire and appreciate his gameplay.

Bitter? Nope, didn't detect one hint of bitterness, he gets that it's a game and holds no ill will toward either Tyson or coach. What he says about Russell is true. Rob learned that this type of strategy might get you to the end but it doesn't get you the win.

This is something that Russell has yet to learn. This is why Richard Hatch is still the best. He played hard, got to the end and still convinced folks to give him the money.

Rob's got my vote for best player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234