+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

Re: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3869779;
    I didn't think Rob came across as bitter at all. He said he didn't blame them for voting him out, and he said he harboured no ill will towards any of them. How is that bitter? He said he though that Russell was playing a very similar game to what Rob has played in the past and sheepishly admitted that it didn't work for him. I thought his post-show comments came across as quite self-deprecating and pragmatic, personally.

I think he has a good shot at the fan favourite. I would love to see him win it.
    I agree. If we compare Rob disposition to Russell's after losing, well, Rob would be a saint compared to all the vile stuff that came out of the angry hobbit's mouth after losing to Natalie.

Rob on his season was sabotaging his team also. I remember when they voted out Hunter (the strong ones) and how that worked out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3869408;
    That would be HILARIOUS to have him win and to see Russell's reaction!
    I know! It would be so awesome. Russell would probably come unhinged!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Rob"s a tool. He doesn't know the meaning of loyalty, he was a close personal friend of Lex, when Rob asked Lex to take care of Amber on AS1, he was asking as a friend not a competitor, it's just he & Lex have a different take on friendship, whatever! I'm glad he's gone, he wasn't smart enough to have the right allience or he should have been smart enough to find the HII, he failed at both. No one who does not make it to the merge deserves " fan favourite ", that should go to someone who plays the game, makes moves, takes chances & isn't afraid to piss people off, & no coat tailer deserves it either. So far Russell is the only one who is playing the game full force, you can never call he a coat tailer.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3869408;
    That would be HILARIOUS to have him win and to see Russell's reaction!
    Okay, that settles it, I'm voting for Rob!

Honestly, I liked him better this season, and I am amongst those who believe that a combination of time, marriage and parenthood have mellowed him a ton.

Honestly, so far the only person I was truly rooting for was Cirie. Russell could have won me over by making his play at the Robfather and winning if he could just shut his trolly mouth. The man is so full of self importance that you can't like the guy unless you watch the entire season on mute.

Never liked JT much. It just is what it is. Same goes for Tom.

Just not a lot of people for me to root for this season, which is kind of great, because the person I want to win rarely wins, and I can just sit back and relax this season.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-06-2010 at 07:36 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;3870825;
    No one who does not make it to the merge deserves " fan favourite ", that should go to someone who plays the game, makes moves, takes chances & isn't afraid to piss people off, & no coat tailer deserves it either. So far Russell is the only one who is playing the game full force, you can never call he a coat tailer.
    Ah. But that's why it's called "fan favourite" - it's who the fans vote for, regardless of where they finish or how they played.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3870870;
    Ah. But that's why it's called "fan favourite" - it's who the fans vote for, regardless of where they finish or how they played.
    I'm voting for Rob too.

Well, they got rid of "Fan Favorite". Now it's "Player of the Season", so Russell could win.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3869318;
    I don't buy it. They gave him some medicine in a water bottle with some unknown miracle cure. All his blabbering to Jeff about not being able to go on came across as poor acting to me. Rob is a phony with a huge ego, if he didn't remember anything how did he remember to tell Jeff he didn't think he could go on???? Why was the camera following him around in the woods while he was getting ready to pass out, so they could capture all the drama????

Everyone thinks Amber was riding his coat tails. I think she was the brains behind his near wins in the past.

Jeff made a big deal about Rob's puzzle solving abilities. Again, everyone thinks he deliberately lost the puzzle because he thought he was safe. He lost because JT was best at solving the puzzle. I didn't notice Jeff making a big deal out of it when JT solved the puzzle. From the past, JT was always good at solving puzzles, as well as strong in physical challenges. I've had enough of Rob, his ego, and bragging. I think Rob suspects there will be another million given away to the most liked player and he will win. Amber and friends are busy on boards pushing how well liked he is.

I don't think JT gets enough credit he is a good player but over shadowed by the likes of Rob, Russell, Rupert and some of the other camera whores. I do think Russell is the best at strategizing, he brags too much, but doesn't get upset when he loses and blame others like Rob does.

There are several camera crews day and night to film all the goings on. Kathy from season 4, mentioned that they even followed her when she went behind a tree to answer nature's call and she asked them if they were going to film her going to the bathroom and they said yes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3870979;
    There are several camera crews day and night to film all the goings on. Kathy from season 4, mentioned that they even followed her when she went behind a tree to answer nature's call and she asked them if they were going to film her going to the bathroom and they said yes.
    That's why Richard Hatch started wandering around in the buff. The only way the camera crews would give him some privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3870957;
    Well, they got rid of "Fan Favorite". Now it's "Player of the Season", so Russell could win.
    I still think it is, in essence, a "fan favourite" vote since most people who despise Russell won't vote for him, even if he is the best player of the season. I'm not saying that I feel that way, but I think he's definitely polarizing enough that there are many who would refuse to vote for him despite his being a strategic powerhouse.

Lucky for me I still think of Rob as a "favourite" and "player of the season" - despite him going before the merge. I don't particularly consider the F2 as the "best" players. I will reward Rob for making me laugh, for his ability to lead his team to so many victories, for being awesome in challenges, and just because I find him adorable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast