+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

Re: Survivor: Interview With Rob - "The island was too small for both of us."

Amber and friends are busy on boards pushing how well liked he is.
    Are you talking FORT or other boards? Do we know it's Amber and their friends? Just curious as to what you're referring to here.

Rob has always been very polarizing. Some love him (as I do, obviously!) and some have hated him. What I'm pleased about is how many people I've read in articles and on message boards, here and other RTV sites, who have grown to like him a great deal and who feel he has mellowed with age and becoming a husband and father. If there is a fan favourite vote, he very well may win it. As far as I can tell, from reading online, he is by far the most-liked Survivor from this season. That could change between now and the finale, but he could win it, for sure. I hope he does.

Man, I was so bummed to see Rob go this week. It won't be as fun to watch without him there. I hope he wins fan favorite.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3869357;
    Man, I was so bummed to see Rob go this week. It won't be as fun to watch without him there. I hope he wins fan favorite.
    That would be HILARIOUS to have him win and to see Russell's reaction!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3869236;
    I think Ozzy wasn't brought back because then the cast would have waaayyy too many Micronesia folk--it'd have the whole Favorites alliance back together again (James/Parvati/Ozzy/Amanda/Cirie) and not to mention--Ozzy would likely be placed on the Heroes tribe. So 4 players from the same season who were in the same alliance back on the same tribe again on a tribe of 10? It just seems too much to me and I think that played a role in not inviting Ozzy back.

Plus, James was a fan favorite for 2 seasons in a row, Amanda made it to the end 2 seasons in a row and for SOME reason is seen as "America's Sweetheart", and Cirie is a known favorite. Parvati has a notorious reputation (few female contestants have that), so out of those 5, it makes sense to me to drop Challenge Dominator Ozzy.

Plus, Ozzy wasn't much of a Hero in Micronesia, was he? I remember he turned a lot of people off by his ego and the way he behaved when he was blindsided. So maybe the producers didn't know what to classify Ozzy as--a Hero or a Villain? I just know his likability factor dropped a lot for a lot of viewers.

And with the likes of Tom, Colby, and Rupert--there may just not have been room for Ozzy on that tribe.
    Excellent point. Well, I just hope they are saving him for some future AS. And they have it before he gets too old to do his "float like a buttterfly" act when bounding from wobbling platform to wobbling platform of to swim like a seal

Rob???? bitter much???? Too assign responsibility to yourself for Russell's moves is beyond ego.

I was hoping Rob wouldn't be voted out this soon. I really liked him.

I didn't think Rob came across as bitter at all. He said he didn't blame them for voting him out, and he said he harboured no ill will towards any of them. How is that bitter? He said he though that Russell was playing a very similar game to what Rob has played in the past and sheepishly admitted that it didn't work for him. I thought his post-show comments came across as quite self-deprecating and pragmatic, personally.

I think he has a good shot at the fan favourite. I would love to see him win it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3869779;
    I didn't think Rob came across as bitter at all. He said he didn't blame them for voting him out, and he said he harboured no ill will towards any of them. How is that bitter? He said he though that Russell was playing a very similar game to what Rob has played in the past and sheepishly admitted that it didn't work for him. I thought his post-show comments came across as quite self-deprecating and pragmatic, personally.

I think he has a good shot at the fan favourite. I would love to see him win it.
    I agree! Rob wasn't bitter at all. He said the same sort of thing, right in the heat of the moment after he was voted off during the last TC (in his last words segment, which I know you've already commented on). He respects the game, and dare I say... I think he is just as amused as we are on here (FORT) about the game.

I loved the extended interview, and I agree with him on many counts.

Its also funny that he says that they all were looking for the II. See, Russell haters like to hold onto the false thought that he's an immunity idol hog!
    Last edited by MsDll; 04-05-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3869124;
    Oh. My. Word. Just the thought of Ozzy and Rob playing together makes me
    You and me both Sweetpea...you and me both!

I don't think he's being conceited, either. If you watch the seasons, many players will bring up past players and their gameplay. I think with each new season, they bring something from past seasons. So for him to think that Russel has taken notes and used some of his tricks isn't so far fetched. They all do it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast