+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survivor: Interview with Tom — “They would have put his head in a bowling bag.”

Re: Survivor: Interview with Tom — “They would have put his head in a bowling bag.”

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;3856116;
    Regarding media hounds, there's not a bigger one than Rob, it's his third time around too, also remember his wedding on tv, then on the Amazing Race where he couldn't spell a country & lost, & then he tried out to host a game show even though he can barely speak, then he & Amber were in talks to create a reality show about them (boring). Total media hound! They need to pick new players for Allstars & no one from the same tribe, or anyone who's won before.
    Thing I've noticed though is that people seem to like Rob and Rob/Amber because they seem to be among the most real (even if yes, they too are media hounds). They also seem to understand the difference between the game and real life and are thankful for the experience. The others I rarely hear anything about them but they claim they've done so much. Save Rupert's charity, I don't know how much of it's malarkey or how much is true.

As far as new allstar players though - you're spot on; however, one has to put into consideration though who WILL want to return. Some don't want to return for fear of being put in a bad light, others it doesn't interest them and some don't want to go through the health issues they went through after the first go.

Personally, if they want to return, I'd love to see Mike Supkin come back for sure, then also Neleh, most anyone from season one who they'd be sure it's SAFE for them to come back based on health (sorry Rudy, love you but you're too old for this game for it to be safe for you to return... and you've played it twice), Gina, Ian, T-Bird from Africa, and Alicia from Australia. Paschal is another I'd like to see return, but I think too his age and what happened last time would be a factor in his not returning (He fainted shortly after the purple rock of death incident).

Winners I do not mind; however, they cannot have played more than one time in the series, meaning Parvati, Sandra, Rich, J.T., Tom ... I think that's it, are out now. They've all won at least one time (I have to say this because we don't know who's won this season and three millionaires are still in the game ).

Re: Survivor: Interview with Tom — “They would have put his head in a bowling bag.”

The trouble for the oldies is that they can't compete in the pre-game social networking.

The young bunch are doing the Survivor charity rounds. Being "professional reality TV stars". Doing the young social thing. All that stuff. They know each other well. They hook up and date each other.

You just have to do a bit of trolling about Twitter to see it in action.

The older players have settled into their non-Survivor lives, and just aren't inclined to do that kind of social networking, so they find themselves comparatively isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;3857317;
    The trouble for the oldies is that they can't compete in the pre-game social networking.

The young bunch are doing the Survivor charity rounds. Being "professional reality TV stars". Doing the young social thing. All that stuff. They know each other well. They hook up and date each other.

The older players have settled into their non-Survivor lives, and just aren't inclined to do that kind of social networking, so they find themselves comparatively isolated.
    All the more reason to get players from the first three - and up to Rob's (sans dear Rob himself - three's enough) season. They're in this mold.

I doubt most will do this though, so we'll see more of these yuppie wannabe MTV type reality show performers who make their living competing in these shows. Amanda alone has been in three in the span of just over two years.

I'm afraid at the rate these are going, some of these contestants are going to fall victim to the Veronica from "Road Rules" stigma - they appear to ONLY be good for appearing on these reality game shows. And I would hate to see that done to anyone (I even kinda feel bad for Veronica if the only way she gets a living is to do those shows).

Perhaps they could just do a "First Out" season of Survivor. Invite back everyone who was the first one out in their Season.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3858785;
    Perhaps they could just do a "First Out" season of Survivor. Invite back everyone who was the first one out in their Season.
    Can you imagine being the first out on a season of all first outs? Like being the Biggest Loser of Loserland.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;3857317;

I just don't see it as a problem. Sure, it's something the ones who aren't quite as connected have to deal with. That's a known before coming into the game. Rupert has managed nicely so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234