+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Orders 2 More Seasons

CBS Orders 2 More Seasons

CBS's EMMY AWARD-WINNING REALITY FRANCHISES TO RETURN IN 2010-2011

CBS has ordered more editions of its Emmy Award-winning reality franchises-SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE-for broadcast in the 2010-2011 season.

SURVIVOR will return with two more editions, marking the 21st and 22nd installments of broadcast television's longest-running reality competition series.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Re: CBS Orders 2 More Seasons

Just so long as they include Jeffy. I need my Jeffy fix or I'm not watching!!

Mark Burnett on where he would like to shoot in the future:

Any dream locations you’d like to see the show tackle?

Burnett: Papau New Guinea, there’s a tropical island in Japan I’ve been looking at. I’d like to do “Survivor” in Vietnam.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Why don't they ever go into the wilderness....like far up in Canada?

I'll tell you why.
    You can't fall out of your bikini top if the temps don't go any higer than 50 degrees.

I'd like to see them tackle the elements of a true non-tropical wilderness or mountain environment.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3813596;

I'll tell you why.
    You can't fall out of your bikini top if the temps don't go any higer than 50 degrees.
    True BUT--it would effect game play too--can't go wandering around outside plotting if its freezing. If everyone in kepted together inside near each other it effects game play. Plus if everyone is bundled up in coats its difficult to tell players apart. Plus you would get 2 cold seasons back to back since all seasons are filmed back to back now to save money.

An offical in
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Camaroom
    said survivor USA is filming there after the Isreali version does.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Colour me happy about this! I love both Survivor and TAR, so good to know there are more seasons on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3813596;

I'll tell you why.

I'd like to see them tackle the elements of a true non-tropical wilderness or mountain environment.
    The MacKenzie Valley, in the Nortwest Territories gets hot in the summer. 80's F. Sometimes into the 90's. July would be the time to film. Long days too. Must be another reason. Perhaps the bugs and associated bites and mosquito netting. I could see that cancelling out any bikini hotness.

I remember a reality show that was on years ago, sponsored by Ford or something like that, where a group of people did challenges up the coast of BC, I think trying to get to the Arctic circle. Sometimes they flew in small planes, sometimes paddled, hiked, rode bikes, push cars on railway tracks, etc. They stayed in tents, and did navigational and physical and mental challenges and then were eliminated one by one on the way. The reason I am recalling this was that as they got up north, the mosquitoes were absolutely horrendous. It literally looked like a wall of black around them. They were dressed almost like bee-keepers, with big mosquito netting hoods on and every surface covered. I cannot imagine Burnett and crew would like to have to deal with that. There is probably a clause in Peachey's contract somewhere saying that's never going to happen.

I worked two seasons on the MacKenzie River. (A season being mid-May to mid October). The Blackflies are the worst. For Mosquitos, bug dope works pretty good as a combatant. For the Horseflies (aka Deerflies) you have to just keeping moving so they don't get a chance to land on you. But the Blackflies, aye carumba, there's nothing you can do. You're at their mercy. I recall them being predominant in August. No doubt, the producers have considered this, if they have considered the North as a location at all.

Cheers.

The CVS clips on Survivor Gabon showed the production crew trying out the challenges ahead of time and being covered with leeches and not really thinking much about it. They're tougher than I would have thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast