+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3863966;
    That was my initial reaction, but now I'm more inclined to believe Russell was going to lay on his sword to save the girl he's smitten over.

I mean, after the votes were read, ALL THREE of Danielle, Parvati and Russell seemed shocked that all 3 of them stayed. They were not expecting to all be there after the vote. If there was a plan that theyt were in on, they wouldn't have been so shocked. There's something missing in this great "scheme" that went down, and I don't think it was Russell coming up with some mastermind idea.

Tyson repeatedly says in all of his interviews that no cast, crew, or anybody in the world knew that he was going to vote for Parvati. He says he switched his vote in the very last moments before he wrote down her name--meaning Russell had no idea Tyson was going to vote Parvati down. This coincides with his final words and day-after videos after he was voted out so I don't think he's lying about that.

I mean sure, Russell may have THOUGHT that Tyson had switched after they talked when in reality Tyson really only switched his vote at the last minute on his own terms, but I'm more inclined to believe Russell was about to give up. There's no way he'd take this big of a risk if he was planning on staying in the game. Hell, he played and wasted an idol last season in Samoa when they voted Erik out out of shear paranoia. So I doubt he'd all of a sudden give the idol away knowing the votes are split 3-3-3 (Tyson says he informed Russell of the 3-3-3 vote--I guess we'll get confirmation of this from later interviews).
    If you think Russell did it because he was giving up, then you're a bigger fool than Tyson is. Tyson is just trying to make himself look better because he knows Russell played him like a fiddle, and he can't stand it because he always thinks he's the smartest guy around.

I feel like I should dislike Russell, but somehow when watching the tribal councils, I keep rooting for the little troll. Don't ask me how that happens. I guess I just admire his full-on love of playing the game, and his guts in doing so. Of course, Rob is my favourite player ever, so of the two I'd like to see Rob emerge the victor. My dream would be them teaming up!

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3864147;
    Russell played him like a fiddle
    Simple as that. To think anything else is classic overanalyzing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3863851;
    One essential difference to me is that Russell is "open" about playing to the cameras. Rupert lies about it--Rupert doesn't admit its an act.
    Just curious what you know that I don't that convinces you it IS an act? His cousin has posted here from way back when and said that what we saw on TV is exactly who he is. Maybe I don't read the right gossip mags but so far I haven't seen anything to convince me differently. The worst thing I"ve seen him do was to be bossy about the shelter during his 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3863601;
    I'm just not overly impressed with watching Russell. Yes, he's a good player, but I'm sick of having him advise me how smart he is.
    No truer words have been spoken. Perhaps one of the reasons I'm liking Boston Rob this season is because instead of telling us how competent he is, he's just doing it.

Call it "Coach Syndrome"... an individual's constant self-propping-up and ego inflation to help them though the game. Then again, Coach is preposterous to the point of sounding deluded... Russell's just obnoxious.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3864260;
    No truer words have been spoken. Perhaps one of the reasons I'm liking Boston Rob this season is because instead of telling us how competent he is, he's just doing it.
    What are you talking about? Rob has been just as condescending to Russell as the other way around. He talks about Russell like he's an amateur, going on and on about "welcome to the big leagues" every episode.

Russell isn't smitten with Parvati- he's said he'll do anything for a million dollars, including flirt. And that's exactly what he's doing. I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't interested in her in "that way."

I think it was important that Pavarti appear surprised and shocked at TC. We saw the scene where Russell told her he would give her the idol. I know that is no guaranty, but it means it wasn't news to her at TC what Russell was considering. However, by pretending to be so surprised, she deflects a little of the target that comes proving at TC what a tight alliance you have with someone else.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I think it's like what Jeff said at TC about Russell having made a "bold move". Parvati & Danielle looked genuinely surprised as the votes were read, whereas Russell just looked nervous. Once the votes were read, Parvati & Danielle still looked surprised, while Russell's expression had turned to relief and supreme satisfaction. I think Russell earned that expression every bit as much as Rob earned the one he wore once the votes were read. (I'm a Rob fan). As for Tyson, I thought it was crystal clear from the get-go, regardless of what he's saying now. He wanted a hot dog. That's why he voted for Parvati. He voted with his stomach instead of his brain.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3864268;
    Russell isn't smitten with Parvati- he's said he'll do anything for a million dollars, including flirt. And that's exactly what he's doing. I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't interested in her in "that way."
    Hmmm, I think that maybe he's more smitten with Parv that he'd let on, even to himself. Maybe there was a bit of that in his motivations.
    He'll never say that in any interview. His pride and his wife wont allow that.
    But I think he's being played more than he is playing...

+ Reply to Thread