+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: The best players are the ones that stand back. Their standing back because they are afraid of pissing someone off, they don't have the guts to make moves, they have no game. If everyone played this way this show would have ended long ago. The best jury so far has been " Fans vs All Stars " the fans who watch this game will always vote for the best player not the nicest which is why Parvati won & Amanda lost. The 1st " All Star" jury was a joke they voted for Amber who skated behind Rob all the way, he was the best player but the jury was mad at him, they didn't vote for gameplay. Re: Rob having no limits, that's a joke he was horrible 1st time around, & horrible 2nd time, but played a smarter game. He's boring this time, I think someone told him to pretend he's not a jerk. Russell will never win Survivor because the jury can't handle being outplayed by someone, the winner will be someone who skated thru again.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;3863261;
    Re: The best players are the ones that stand back. Their standing back because they are afraid of pissing someone off, they don't have the guts to make moves, they have no game. If everyone played this way this show would have ended long ago. The best jury so far has been " Fans vs All Stars " the fans who watch this game will always vote for the best player not the nicest which is why Parvati won & Amanda lost. The 1st " All Star" jury was a joke they voted for Amber who skated behind Rob all the way, he was the best player but the jury was mad at him, they didn't vote for gameplay. Re: Rob having no limits, that's a joke he was horrible 1st time around, & horrible 2nd time, but played a smarter game. He's boring this time, I think someone told him to pretend he's not a jerk. Russell will never win Survivor because the jury can't handle being outplayed by someone, the winner will be someone who skated thru again.
    You definitely make a very good point: a large portion of Survivor is a popularity contest.

Should it be? Debatable. Russell (and most of his proponents) will say that the game should be entirely about how hard you play, and screw the concept of being liked. Unfortunately, people don't work that way. They have feelings. They want to be respected, even when they've lost. Russell has absolutely willingness to make anybody else feel good about their game, and that's his downfall. He so busy satisfying his own ego that he neglects the fact that there are other egos - just as big and as easily bruised - all around him.

Seriously, if Russell truly had respect for the other players and wasn't afraid to show it, he may actually be "the greatest player ever". Think of it this way: the guy who says "I had to get you out of the game because you are an amazing player and a huge threat" gets my vote. The guy who says "I had to get rid of you because I'M THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!! SO THERE!!!" doesn't. And please don't tell me Russell is the former and not the latter... his nauseating, self-congratulatory confessionals - one after another - are proof that he respects only himself.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3863488;
    You definitely make a very good point: a large portion of Survivor is a popularity contest.

Should it be? Debatable. Russell (and most of his proponents) will say that the game should be entirely about how hard you play, and screw the concept of being liked. Unfortunately, people don't work that way. They have feelings. They want to be respected, even when they've lost. Russell has absolutely willingness to make anybody else feel good about their game, and that's his downfall. He so busy satisfying his own ego that he neglects the fact that there are other egos - just as big and as easily bruised - all around him.

Seriously, if Russell truly had respect for the other players and wasn't afraid to show it, he may actually be "the greatest player ever". Think of it this way: the guy who says "I had to get you out of the game because you are an amazing player and a huge threat" gets my vote. The guy who says "I had to get rid of you because I'M THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!! SO THERE!!!" doesn't. And please don't tell me Russell is the former and not the latter... his nauseating, self-congratulatory confessionals - one after another - are proof that he respects only himself.
    Those wouldn't matter if only the viewers saw that side of him... but from last season we've seen that eventually he lets others see that side of him as well, and that's his downfall.

I find that I'm watching very little of this season and have, once again, missed an episode this week.
    I'm just not overly impressed with watching Russell. Yes, he's a good player, but I'm sick of having him advise me how smart he is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Tyson has been offering some (seemingly) unbiased interviews and he seems to suggest that Russell was actually giving up and bowing out of the game gracefully by handing the idol to Parvati. He says Russell knew he was going to leave this week or next week and that NO BODY knew Tyson was going to change his vote to Parvati, meaning Russell had no idea and that by handing the idol away he'd basically be suiciding out of the game.

Basically, Tyson is suggesting that Russell was going to kamikazi himself out of the game to save the girl he was smitten over AND blindside Rob and his alliance, but because of Tyson's move it's making it look like Russell was the mastermind behind some great scheme. He claims Russell told Tyson in the very end that he couldn't vote Parvati.

Just some new insight

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3863832;
    Tyson has been offering some (seemingly) unbiased interviews and he seems to suggest that Russell was actually giving up and bowing out of the game gracefully by handing the idol to Parvati. He says Russell knew he was going to leave this week or next week and that NO BODY knew Tyson was going to change his vote to Parvati, meaning Russell had no idea and that by handing the idol away he'd basically be suiciding out of the game.

Basically, Tyson is suggesting that Russell was going to kamikazi himself out of the game to save the girl he was smitten over AND blindside Rob and his alliance, but because of Tyson's move it's making it look like Russell was the mastermind behind some great scheme. He claims Russell told Tyson in the very end that he couldn't vote Parvati.

Just some new insight
    Sounds to me like Tyson is trying to make himself not look so much like a tool for flipping his vote and getting himself voted out!

Also I think the little "speech" that Russell gave before using the immunity idol was pretty brilliant....I think he got Coach on his side after that...see the little girl smile that Coach gave when he directed the part about being honest and keeping his word to Coach?? Made me want to barf!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3861910;
    Characters--great. But I like characters who aren't so, well, obvious in that they're totally conscious of the character they're playing. I prefer "natural" characters, players whose personalities stand out because that's just how they are. Russell, I'm not getting that feeling from him.

I hate Rupert, but originally, his character wasn't such an obvious act. In fact I don't think it was an act at all. Granted, now that his head is huge and the "fame" as gotten to him, I feel he's become conscious of his character and is thus putting in effort to come off as the jolly, grumbling bear who helps out around camp and inspires little children everywhere .

But to me nothing compares to the obviousness of Russell playing up to the cameras.
    One essential difference to me is that Russell is "open" about playing to the cameras. Rupert lies about it--Rupert doesn't admit its an act.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen;3863848;
    Sounds to me like Tyson is trying to make himself not look so much like a tool for flipping his vote and getting himself voted out!
    That was my initial reaction, but now I'm more inclined to believe Russell was going to lay on his sword to save the girl he's smitten over.

I mean, after the votes were read, ALL THREE of Danielle, Parvati and Russell seemed shocked that all 3 of them stayed. They were not expecting to all be there after the vote. If there was a plan that theyt were in on, they wouldn't have been so shocked. There's something missing in this great "scheme" that went down, and I don't think it was Russell coming up with some mastermind idea.

Tyson repeatedly says in all of his interviews that no cast, crew, or anybody in the world knew that he was going to vote for Parvati. He says he switched his vote in the very last moments before he wrote down her name--meaning Russell had no idea Tyson was going to vote Parvati down. This coincides with his final words and day-after videos after he was voted out so I don't think he's lying about that.

I mean sure, Russell may have THOUGHT that Tyson had switched after they talked when in reality Tyson really only switched his vote at the last minute on his own terms, but I'm more inclined to believe Russell was about to give up. There's no way he'd take this big of a risk if he was planning on staying in the game. Hell, he played and wasted an idol last season in Samoa when they voted Erik out out of shear paranoia. So I doubt he'd all of a sudden give the idol away knowing the votes are split 3-3-3 (Tyson says he informed Russell of the 3-3-3 vote--I guess we'll get confirmation of this from later interviews).

I really thought it was quite simple.
    He's told by Rob, and by Tyson, and Sandra, that he's the target. "If you don't have the idol, you better find it".
    It's obvious what they want Russell to do, perhaps with some excessive dramatics to tip Russ off..
    And he immediate decides it's a bluff, and Parv is real the target. It doesn't take brains to figure that out. She's been a long term target.

So, he tries a simple out bluff the bluffers trick and gives the idol to Parv.
    He might hear the 3-3-3 plan, but that might be a bluff too.
    And Rob is smart enough to anticipate Russell's move, so Russ isn't doing anything too brilliant.

It should have been "Nice Try Russell, but tough luck".
    But dumb luck steps in...

+ Reply to Thread