+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3862998;
    Rob has already won on a previous season
    Nope, he made it to Final Two in All Stars and then lost to his (then) future wife. (7th out in Marquesas) So he's a little like Russell in reaching final tribal council. They both have something to prove, although more so in Russell's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3862998;
    All that said, last night was not "banana etiquette" it was straight up Russ vs. Rob. Rob is dirty but he has limits which he won't sink below. Russ is dirty but has no limits to which he won't sink. Calling Russ the equivalent of a suicide bomber isn't far off the mark. Russell will do ANYTHING it takes to get him what he wants on Survivor. Russell is hungry... he wants to prove himself as the best player of Survivor ever (in his own mind). Rob has already won on a previous season... sure he wants to win All Stars but he's not hungry for it... he doesn't feel he needs to prove himself the best ever. In this game of Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, I see Russ beating Rob every time unless he gets too sloppy.
    1. Rob has not won before.

2. You obviously did not watch AS, because Rob had absolutely no limits below which he would not sink on that season. He even backstabbed one of his best real life friends on that season and lost the friendship as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3862959;
    ...I'm impressed with his intuitiveness, manipulative prowess, and strategic gameplay.
    In all honesty, I am, too. But does he have to be such a flippin' jerk in the process?

I still say it's only half a game he's playing here. By disregarding the social aspect of the game entirely - cuz' lets be honest, the guy just doesn't care what others think of him - I think he's setting himself up to lose again. Even a jury of all-stars isn't going to appreciate being stung and then having their noses rubbed in it.

And, for the love of pete, he's GOT to improve his English skills. It's really hard to take seriously someone who says their so brilliant but sounds like a complete moron.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3863116;
    I still say it's only half a game he's playing here. By disregarding the social aspect of the game entirely - cuz' lets be honest, the guy just doesn't care what others think of him - I think he's setting himself up to lose again. Even a jury of all-stars isn't going to appreciate being stung and then having their noses rubbed in it.
    If he really is as wealthy as he claims, I don't think he NEEDS to win to be satisfied. This move along with what he did in Samoa has probably already cemented him as the best strategic player in the history of Survivor, which is basically what he wants. I will agree that he is not as well-rounded in the social game and thus can't be considered the best OVERALL player (I'd give that honor to Parvati), but I think there is little doubt right now that he certainly has to be considered one of the top 3 STRATEGIC players, if not the best, in Survivor history.

First, I like Rob. I wish Rob and Russell would team up, but that is my dream, and Russell ain't having any of that. But, when Rob says that Russell is out of his league... it makes me ! Who does Rob think he is? He's played two seasons before, but never won. Russell is on the all-stars because he did something to get there. He's in the same league in my opinion. Not only in the same league, but he showed Rob something last night and has already started to make Rob eat his words. JMHO

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3863015;
    Nope, he made it to Final Two in All Stars and then lost to his (then) future wife. (7th out in Marquesas) So he's a little like Russell in reaching final tribal council. They both have something to prove, although more so in Russell's mind.
    Thanks, Brooks. I seriously did think he WON that season so I sit corrected I definitely remember the finale of the Rob/Amber season but forgot she was the winner. I agree with you that Russ has more to prove (in his own mind)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3863108;
    1. Rob has not won before.

2. You obviously did not watch AS, because Rob had absolutely no limits below which he would not sink on that season. He even backstabbed one of his best real life friends on that season and lost the friendship as a result.
    Sorry, I did watch AS and do remember that but this go round Rob is very different to me. I just see Rob and Russ as totally different players in this game (and right now saying "this game" I mean this season).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Is he that different?
    It seems like Rob is attempting a repeat of All-Stars.
    Take control of the tribe, cruise into the merge with loyal allies, and then chop 'em down one at a time.

If things had gone the way they were meant to this episode, it would be the same gameplan all over again. It still might.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3863128;
    First, I like Rob. I wish Rob and Russell would team up, but that is my dream, and Russell ain't having any of that. But, when Rob says that Russell is out of his league... it makes me ! Who does Rob think he is? He's played two seasons before, but never won. Russell is on the all-stars because he did something to get there. He's in the same league in my opinion. Not only in the same league, but he showed Rob something last night and has already started to make Rob eat his words. JMHO
    Regarding the bolded above ... Russell didn't do much last night and would've/should've been the one to go home ... Tyson was the naive player and blew it. Russell did not out play Rob.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee;3863192;
    Regarding the bolded above ... Russell didn't do much last night and would've/should've been the one to go home ... Tyson was the naive player and blew it. Russell did not out play Rob.
    And I respectfully disagree. I think he outplayed Rob by going to the dimmest bulb on Rob's alliance (Rob didn't plan for that, but Russell did), and then again when he took the risk (which was huge) to give up his idol. Russell knows he's nothing in Rob's super-alliance. Even if he would say 'Okay, I'll play with you rather than against you', he'd be the first one cut and is smart enough to figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread