+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Thank you, Russell, for the best TC ever! I'm a pinhead for categorizing you as a pinhead.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3860271;
    No. He's a jerk, plain simple. That he loves his family, good for him.

He's just a scumbag who wants his 15 mins of fame and plays a great Survivor game/character. He's so aware of his 'character' now that's it's getting to be 'Coach' phony.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3862809;
    No. He's a jerk, plain simple. That he loves his family, good for him.

He's just a scumbag who wants his 15 mins of fame and plays a great Survivor game/character. He's so aware of his 'character' now that's it's getting to be 'Coach' phony.
    Amen to that. I agree that any footage showing him being a nice person in real life just makes him even more detestable. He's clearly one of those people that feels you can't get anywhere in this world with f&@$!*# over everyone you come in contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3862797;
    Thank you, Russell, for the best TC ever! I'm a pinhead for categorizing you as a pinhead.
    That said, it was a great TC (both halves!). But don't give the little troll too much credit here... he'd be gone if Tyson didn't make such a boneheaded move.

I think we can all agree that Russell's gameplay relies too heavily on the HIIs and not heavily enough on his ability (or inability in this case) to win over other people. He still thinks he can win the game by playing hard and being hated. Why not play just as hard but be loveable? Why did he ever chuck the Katrina-victim personna? Was that sinking too low for even him?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I have to say, this move Russell made last night was VERY bold of him. Very, very risky. I can't help but have respect for that kind of move.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3862846;
    I have to say, this move Russell made last night was VERY bold of him. Very, very risky. I can't help but have respect for that kind of move.
    Bold? Yes. Risky? Indeed. Smart? Considering the circumstances, absolutely.

All that being said, a better player would have never found himself in the situation that Russell was in last night. And the driving reason for him being in that tub of hot water is because he's decided to go ego-vs-ego against Boston Rob. Russell just can't tolerate the idea of anybody out-alpha-dogging him, and that's NOT the sign of good player... it's the sign of somebody who's insecure at his core.

I think the best players - the ones who are really thinking about the game - are the ones who are standing back and letting the big dogs maul each other. Mark my words.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3862863;
    Russell just can't tolerate the idea of anybody out-alpha-dogging him, and that's NOT the sign of good player... it's the sign of somebody who's insecure at his core.
    Rob was also alpha-dogging because Russell dared to defy him about the HII directive, and I don't think of Rob as being insecure. I agree it is not the sign of a good player.

Oh I'm not saying Russell is the best player, but given the situations he puts himself in, he can manuever himself through those situations pretty well.

Fact is, Rob/Courtney/Sandra/Tyson already cliqued up (insider videos) from the get go, as did Russell/Parvati/Danielle. Since Coach and Jerri don't like Parvati, they pretty much joined up with Rob and crew as well.

So if Russell were to go along with Rob and vote out Parvati and Danielle, then he's not playing to win, because he'll just end up being one of the many sheep following the leader (Rob) until he's voted out at Final 7 or so. Russell is grabbing the bull by its horns and--though risky and can piss people off--can in my opinion earn him a win easier than following Rob's commands.

Russell's lack of game is not in his strategic moves, but in his social game. He's shown that last season. However, I don't think he's peeved anyone off yet to the point where they'd never vote for him to win, like last season. Russell was not a suicide player like Rob tried to make him out to be (in the previews); he WAS protecting himself and his alliance by making the move he did. He's thinking long term.

So Russell by no means is a stupid player. I can hate him for being annoying and having a huge ego, but there's no denying that he can manipulate situations (insert conspiracy theories here ) to his advantage. Therefore, I still have to have respect for Russell's move, and I applaud him.

FORT Regular

People are also overlooking how good Russell is at getting marginalized people into his alliance. He did it last season with Shannon and he has done it this season with Coach now.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3862841;
    But don't give the little troll too much credit here...
    I can't give him enough credit. If Russell knew Tyson would switch his vote, I'm impressed with his intuitiveness, manipulative prowess, and strategic gameplay. If Russell wasn't sure Tyson didn't see right through him, I'm impressed with his role of the dice, not to mention his enormous aka sporting implements. Either way, the dude rocks. He rocks as a survivor, which is as far as my interest in this enigmatic man goes. Last night, when he said playing the game was really hard this time around, he said it with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. That's why I love Russell. He's a die-hard fan playing out there, and it's a joy to watch, IMO.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

A jury of All-Stars is much different than a jury of first-timers. IMO, the first-timers are more "altruistic" and like someone who is nice (or at least someone who's not not-nice) and gets to the final two. The All-Stars have a much greater appreciation for strategy and gameplay while at the same time have a much better ability to recognize one who did nothing but ride someone's coat-tails. I think this time in All Stars if Russell makes it to the final two and it comes down to a jury vote he'll stand a much better chance of getting votes to win.

All that said, last night was not "banana etiquette" it was straight up Russ vs. Rob. Rob is dirty but he has limits which he won't sink below. Russ is dirty but has no limits to which he won't sink. Calling Russ the equivalent of a suicide bomber isn't far off the mark. Russell will do ANYTHING it takes to get him what he wants on Survivor. Russell is hungry... he wants to prove himself as the best player of Survivor ever (in his own mind). Rob has already won on a previous season... sure he wants to win All Stars but he's not hungry for it... he doesn't feel he needs to prove himself the best ever. In this game of Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, I see Russ beating Rob every time unless he gets too sloppy.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread