+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3810672;
    After coming off as an epic douche on the Reunion show, Russell's chance for a tiny bit of redemption in my mind (although we know the whole HvV was shot before that Reunion show) would be if he totally crucifies The Dragon Slayer with the truth about what a disgusting liar he is, and makes him cry... or something like that.
    I'd rather see him make Randy cry, but between the Dragon Slayer and Russell, I give the edge to Russell. I think Coach expects people to believe his fantasy but Russell isn't a delusional certified nutjob. So I think the ladies on the villians tribe are going to have quite a show. Maybe they can win popcorn as one of their rewards.

I'm looking forward to seeing Coach again. I think just because people have seen him, unlike Russell, and I think the villians tribe will have more egos than the heroes tribe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I actually thought Coach looked kind of cute last night, helped by the fact that he didn't tell any of his delusional stories and he was all blushing around Jerri. I'm sure he'll revert to his normal revolting self any second (there was a background shot of him doing yoga on the shore while the camera was focused on someone else in the foreground), but for now he seems much improved. Also stronger and more of a force in challenges. His season he was really bad at them.

I agree PWS, he was actually tolerable & kinda cute last night. I am sure though he will revert to his delusional self.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

FORT Regular

I couldn't stand Coach when he was on the 1st time, but last night I gained a new respect for him, after he beat Colby in the reward challenge.

And is it wrong that I'm actually rooting for the "villains"?

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3827084;
    I couldn't stand Coach when he was on the 1st time, but last night I gained a new respect for him, after he beat Colby in the reward challenge.

And is it wrong that I'm actually rooting for the "villains"?
    You know, there are a lot of villains worth rooting for. I've never thought much of Boston Rob or Jerri, for example, but they both seem more mature and intelligent in their approach to the game this time around.

As far as Coach goes, I couldn't stand him in Tocantins at all. This time around, there's something more likeable about him... maybe he just doesn't feel as much pressure to prove himself to the other players (and millions of viewers.)

I'd be totally sold on the guy if he just didn't sound like a spiritual self-help book every time he opened his mouth.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Coach and Jerri were pretty cute together. I'm hoping to see more of that romance.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3827373;
    I thought Coach and Jerri were pretty cute together. I'm hoping to see more of that romance.
    Yeah, why is it that I'm rooting for these two to get together???
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

If you look at Survivor as pure entertainment and don't take things too seriously, very little Survivor players will get on your nerves. That's how I look at Coach. He seriously doesn't bother me a bit, but I'm not particularly a fan.

Granted, there are always SOME players that can still manage to irritate me anyway. I think Coach is very good at doing that with a lot of viewers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Coach flirting with Jerri was priceless I also loved him trying to climb that tree last night. I'm sure he'll turn back into the Coach we all know and love/hate/barely tolerate/are entertained by. But he probably did have to change his gameplay and couldn't BS his way through it this time. Unless you're Colby and Candice, the others probably have an idea what he's all about.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3827380;
    Yeah, why is it that I'm rooting for these two to get together???
    I'm not sure why, but I am too!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread